Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Network Mock....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Draft Network Mock....

    Not to bad. Filled needs and definitely went with proven production since this seems to be the route that the fo went with last year. Really dig the idea of Cashman in the 2nd and Deiter at 3. Would prefer we trade back to late teens-early 20s to grab another 2nd. But i digress.

    1. Ed Oliver DT
    2. Blake Cashman LB
    3. Michael Deiter OT
    4. Josh Oliver TE
    5. Jordan Ta'amu QB
    5. Derrek Thomas CB
    6. Anthony Johnson WR
    7. Mathieu Betts Edge
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

  • #2
    I would freak out if we did this. Oliver would be a DE in our system and we're already pretty set there with Harris, Wolfe, and Gotsis so Oliver, as talented as he is would be a wasted pick.

    If Mack Wilson available in round 2 you take him over Cashman, plain and simple.

    The rest i guess I'm ok with.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
      I would freak out if we did this. Oliver would be a DE in our system and we're already pretty set there with Harris, Wolfe, and Gotsis so Oliver, as talented as he is would be a wasted pick.

      If Mack Wilson available in round 2 you take him over Cashman, plain and simple.

      The rest i guess I'm ok with.
      In this draft no trades are allowed.
      At 10 oliver made the most sense based on who was left and skill set. We still need a penetrating 3 tech and thats exsctly what he can play. Wolfe is 75% of the player oliver is on his best day and he hasnt had a ton of those the last year or so, also thisnallows us to say goodbye next year if wolfe doesnt step up his game. And in the end, interior pressure is the name of the game especially with mahomes for the next 10 years. This would give us the inside/outside pressure package for the foreseeable future with oliver and chubb

      As for round 2. Yea i getcha but wilson was gone allready and cashman was sitting right there. Honestly i think cashman has the higher 3 down ILB ceiling in the nfl. Mack reminds me of a really heavy SS.
      I need more Oline, please and thank you

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
        In this draft no trades are allowed.
        At 10 oliver made the most sense based on who was left and skill set. We still need a penetrating 3 tech and thats exsctly what he can play. Wolfe is 75% of the player oliver is on his best day and he hasnt had a ton of those the last year or so, also thisnallows us to say goodbye next year if wolfe doesnt step up his game. And in the end, interior pressure is the name of the game especially with mahomes for the next 10 years. This would give us the inside/outside pressure package for the foreseeable future with oliver and chubb

        As for round 2. Yea i getcha but wilson was gone allready and cashman was sitting right there. Honestly i think cashman has the higher 3 down ILB ceiling in the nfl. Mack reminds me of a really heavy SS.
        There won't be many 3 techs nor penetration in the base defence. It should be a 0 tech and two 4/5 techs on the d-line and they'll be two gapping, meaning they'll try to tie up blocks and defend two gaps, when done well this allows LBs to be stars.

        In nickel and dime situations it'll be the 4/5 techs moving in and playing 1 and 3 tech spots. I'm not sure Oliver makes sense, because the base defense doesn't suit his talents.

        Comment


        • #5
          If we are two gapping Oliver wouldn’t fit at DE, maybe you try and turn him into an OLB with his freakish athleticism but he’d be average at best there unless he drops weight but even then there’s no guarantee he gains the extra flexibility to bend the edge. Either that or he’s just a situational interior rusher (he’d be the same at OLB) and that just isn’t good value at 10. However if we stay in a 1 gap then absolutely take him and let him wreak havoc.

          Rashaan Gary would be my top choice at DE and Zach Allen would be my 2nd because I think the value for him (2nd round) is better than the other high profile names that aren’t Gary. Both of those guys could play either system with coaching with Allen being better for a 2 gap immediately and Gary better for a 1 gap.

          Comment


          • #6
            Get Dexter Lawrence, and you are set at the DT position for half a decade. He also is a good fit for the 0 tech two gap that Fangio plays. Then get whoever you need at ILB, like Wilson Mack
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
              Get Dexter Lawrence, and you are set at the DT position for half a decade. He also is a good fit for the 0 tech two gap that Fangio plays. Then get whoever you need at ILB, like Wilson Mack
              That’s too high for a NT, unless he’s a generational player.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                That’s too high for a NT, unless he’s a generational player.
                So either your saying williams and ferrell are generational or theres no merit to that arguement. I heard that same argument last year when i and others wanted nelson. Even when it was said that he was generational the argument then became you dont pick a lineman that high. Id still take him over chubb as nelsons impact was higher and some of us knew that. Some people want hock at 10 and i dont have problem with them wanting a te that high but we have several key positions to fill before we need a te. My point is saying you dont take so and so unless hes generational is not a valid argument.....
                That being said i still believe and hope we can get dex in the 2nd.
                Glen Haven Fire

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                  So either your saying williams and ferrell are generational or theres no merit to that arguement. I heard that same argument last year when i and others wanted nelson. Even when it was said that he was generational the argument then became you dont pick a lineman that high. Id still take him over chubb as nelsons impact was higher and some of us knew that. Some people want hock at 10 and i dont have problem with them wanting a te that high but we have several key positions to fill before we need a te. My point is saying you dont take so and so unless hes generational is not a valid argument.....
                  That being said i still believe and hope we can get dex in the 2nd.
                  I would agree with you if he’s a playmaker like Ngata or someone with that kind of ability. I don’t think Lawrence is rated that high though.
                  I personally would have been fine with Nelson.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    There won't be many 3 techs nor penetration in the base defence. It should be a 0 tech and two 4/5 techs on the d-line and they'll be two gapping, meaning they'll try to tie up blocks and defend two gaps, when done well this allows LBs to be stars.

                    In nickel and dime situations it'll be the 4/5 techs moving in and playing 1 and 3 tech spots. I'm not sure Oliver makes sense, because the base defense doesn't suit his talents.
                    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    If we are two gapping Oliver wouldn’t fit at DE, maybe you try and turn him into an OLB with his freakish athleticism but he’d be average at best there unless he drops weight but even then there’s no guarantee he gains the extra flexibility to bend the edge. Either that or he’s just a situational interior rusher (he’d be the same at OLB) and that just isn’t good value at 10. However if we stay in a 1 gap then absolutely take him and let him wreak havoc.

                    Rashaan Gary would be my top choice at DE and Zach Allen would be my 2nd because I think the value for him (2nd round) is better than the other high profile names that aren’t Gary. Both of those guys could play either system with coaching with Allen being better for a 2 gap immediately and Gary better for a 1 gap.
                    I hear you. He is a 1 gap penetrator. But my issue with that train of thought is that you are trying to fit personel to your scheme only. We always make comments about the best coaches finding ways to get the best players on the field regardless of scheme. And right now oliver would without a doubt be our best d lineman. His ability to destroy both rush and pass sets is unquestionabe. Is he Donald?Nope, not enough sand in his ass. But id take a 90% donald over our dlineman. If i was coordinating a D and could scheme stunts and twist with the likes of Kerr, Oliver, Miller and Chubb, i wouldnt be able to shut my brain off due to the possibilities.

                    As for the base defense call. Valid point. Except that the base d is now the minority when it comes to play counts. Nickle and dime are used 60%+ which means hed be out there the majority of the time anyways.

                    Weve lamented for years about Jackson being aloud to leave and how we havnt been able to have that interior in your face pass rush that gives the Bradys, lucks and mahomes of the world fits. In fact i believe it has alot to do with our drop off in downfield coverage ability. It also has not allowed von to reach the heights we all believe he can. Take the interior rusher. Force the o to max protect and limit their route combinations, or better yet let them gamble and cover one of our guys 1 on 1......
                    I need more Oline, please and thank you

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
                      I hear you. He is a 1 gap penetrator. But my issue with that train of thought is that you are trying to fit personel to your scheme only. We always make comments about the best coaches finding ways to get the best players on the field regardless of scheme. And right now oliver would without a doubt be our best d lineman. His ability to destroy both rush and pass sets is unquestionabe. Is he Donald?Nope, not enough sand in his ass. But id take a 90% donald over our dlineman. If i was coordinating a D and could scheme stunts and twist with the likes of Kerr, Oliver, Miller and Chubb, i wouldnt be able to shut my brain off due to the possibilities.

                      As for the base defense call. Valid point. Except that the base d is now the minority when it comes to play counts. Nickle and dime are used 60%+ which means hed be out there the majority of the time anyways.

                      Weve lamented for years about Jackson being aloud to leave and how we havnt been able to have that interior in your face pass rush that gives the Bradys, lucks and mahomes of the world fits. In fact i believe it has alot to do with our drop off in downfield coverage ability. It also has not allowed von to reach the heights we all believe he can. Take the interior rusher. Force the o to max protect and limit their route combinations, or better yet let them gamble and cover one of our guys 1 on 1......
                      A DC must decide if his front will play one gap/spill-runs-to-the-sideline D, or two gap/funnel-runs-to-the-middle D. One or the other. Can't be both.

                      Denver has played one gap for the past four seasons. From what I understand, Fangio uses two gap.

                      Switching from one to two gap is a big deal not only for D-Linemen, but for the Backers as well. The 0 tech must command a double on every play. If he can't, the uncovered Guards can go straight to the second level and block the Inside Backers. 0 must be big and strong enough to not be moved off LOS while he reads the blocks. Until Zach Kerr was re-signed, the Broncos didn't have a 0 tech who might meet that requirement.

                      Two gap 4/5 techs must be able to play two gap when in 4, or Pinch when in 5 and reading run. They need a bit of length in order to do that well. The Outside Backers must be able to turn outside runs inside. Inside Backer reads in a two gap front are much more complex than those in one gap.

                      In order to play two gap well, the physical and mental capabilities of the front seven personnel must meet the demands of each position.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X