To all my DBs scouts out there...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all my DBs scouts out there...

Trayvon Mullen.....long rangy, deep speed and tackles well....what am i missing with this kid watching him looking good in these ACC games? I was thinking 3rd or 4th for him...is my estimate correct? Just building my board and was wanting some input. Thanks
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

I think he is probably a 4th round guy.

Of you like those longer, physical guys, check out joejuan William's or Lonnie Johnson. They are gonna be taken around the same time.

Comment

Yea joejaun had my eye early but I really like Mullens tackling and pop at the line. Hes not twitchy but can definitely run the field with the fast guys

Comment

From what I hear about the way Vic Fangio asks his defensive backs to play, I don't think Mullen is a good fit in that defense. Mullen, just like Joejuan Williams and Michael Jackson, my 2 favourite middle round cornerback prospects, these guys are lengthy, stiffer, physical guys who would be best suited to playing close to the line of scrimmage in a dominant man coverage defense. On the range Mullen will go, he will be a late 2nd rounder or early 3rd rounder in my opinion, I don't see him hitting the 4th round.

Comment

I know he prefers a off man zone but wouldnt he want a guy with the athletic tools who shut down every acc receiver and loves to get in there with the bug guys? Or do we think he is so scheme dependent that he wont even have the guys you listed and mullen on his board?

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
            I know he prefers a off man zone but wouldnt he want a guy with the athletic tools who shut down every acc receiver and loves to get in there with the bug guys? Or do we think he is so scheme dependent that he wont even have the guys you listed and mullen on his board?
            If I was Denver I would have this guy on my radar. I seriously doubt he lasts past the 3rd round, he has played quite well against high level competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
              Depends on what he thinks of the guys here. He ran bump and run with another CB playing off a lot in Chicago because he had an elite FS in Eddie Jackson. The CBs would just funnel WRs inside the numbers and then play the sideline and let Jackson come ove from centerfield to break up the pass. We have some physical bump and run guys in Harris, Yiadom, and possibly even Simmons who I think would excel as a press zone CB. If we could get a rangy FS and some speed at ILB we could replicate what he did with Chicago.

Comment

I'll say this, as a fairly hardcore Tiger fan..
                Mullen physically has some gifts right? But he is very linear/straight ahead, athlete. I would say his quickness is definitely below average for an NFL corner, probably why he didn't run a 20 yard shuttle at the combine or pro day.

I get it, if he ends up in the right scheme, maybe Seattle or Atlanta, and they wanna play bail cover 3 90% of their snaps, sure he could be a good fit.

Tankersley and Mac Alexander were far more polished corners to come out of Clemson in recent years, I wouldn't even put Mullen in the same breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs4 View Post
                  I'll say this, as a fairly hardcore Tiger fan..
                  Mullen physically has some gifts right? But he is very linear/straight ahead, athlete. I would say his quickness is definitely below average for an NFL corner, probably why he didn't run a 20 yard shuttle at the combine or pro day.

I get it, if he ends up in the right scheme, maybe Seattle or Atlanta, and they wanna play bail cover 3 90% of their snaps, sure he could be a good fit.

Tankersley and Mac Alexander were far more polished corners to come out of Clemson in recent years, I wouldn't even put Mullen in the same breath.
                  Idk, what Mullen showed this last year especially at the end is that hes one of those "Dogs" that Talib talked about. He enjoys the challenge of facing the top guys. He will beat you up before your first 3 yards, yet still have the speed to run with you if you beat his press. Reminds me of a young Richard Sherman is his man to man game and with his length. I see that he is definitely limited to an outside roll but with the current group of mix and match corners that we have, they all seem better at defending those shifty quick inside guys
                  Having Mullen on the outside against the big bodie wideouts makes sense to me. Especially if he could be had for a late 3rd or 4th.

Comment

Working...
                  X