Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Harris Trade or Pay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The NFL Network report is simply the first thing that comes up if you search Harris.

    “No contract talks yet between Harris and Broncos yet”

    Could they be in contact? Hopefully.

    Is it a long time before the season? Absolutely

    Do I I want it resolved? As quickly as possible because it is a fight that never needed to be fought.

    Just an opinion.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
      Was sarcastically commenting on a report from NFL Network ( JamesPalmer) stating “ no contact ...”

      And technically it is after the draft. Hopefully there has been some kind of good faith contact instead of a cold shoulder tactic.

      As I stated, annoyed this situation is still lingering. JMO but Harris is not a player they can lose if serious about winning. Both on the field and from a team chemistry perspective.
      I'm not so sure Harris is such an integral part of the team chemistry any more.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
        I'm not so sure Harris is such an integral part of the team chemistry any more.
        If he is not, then I fear our backfield is in BIG trouble.:2cents:
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

        Comment


        • I hope it all works out and Harris retires as a Denver Bronco but it doesn’t sound good from all reports.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • One has to wander if some of our younger options (Yiadom) are persuading Elway to play tough with CHJ? Jackson and Callahan could be a capable random but it seems our depth is fairly weak if he departs. The only bright side, and it's not much of one, is we'd get a 3rd round compensatory pick for Harris. Probably better than any trade offer right now
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
              If he is not, then I fear our backfield is in BIG trouble.:2cents:
              I don't think he has been for a while.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                One has to wander if some of our younger options (Yiadom) are persuading Elway to play tough with CHJ? Jackson and Callahan could be a capable random but it seems our depth is fairly weak if he departs. The only bright side, and it's not much of one, is we'd get a 3rd round compensatory pick for Harris. Probably better than any trade offer right now
                Yiadom has not inspired me yet, though I did see some improvement. I do think you are right about trade value right now. I don't think trading him is going to help us a whole lot. I would rather us offer 13 million a year for 3 years and maybe a nice signing bonus. When healthy he is still the best DB we have. He has been disgruntled since Talib left. Hopefully he believes in this staffs Defensive schemes more than the previous.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
                  What should Elway do? Tough decisions ahead on draft days.
                  No choice but to trade him. You don't pay 30 year old corners that kind of money when you are coming off a 6-10 year.

                  Comment


                  • I think a new deal is going to happen. Won’t be for the $15m reported but just enough to be the highest paid CB on our team. If he dies really want $15m he will be shipped.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
                      No choice but to trade him. You don't pay 30 year old corners that kind of money when you are coming off a 6-10 year.
                      But we gave a 31 year old S/CB 11 mil per

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
                        No choice but to trade him. You don't pay 30 year old corners that kind of money when you are coming off a 6-10 year.
                        Yet they just gave a 31 year old CB over $11m for the next couple years.

                        Both sides need to find a compromise in the negotiations. There has to be a sweet spot between $11m and $15m to keep the teams top CB on the team.

                        Just to be clear. Market value for top CBs is $14m to be in top 5. Over $12m to be in top 10 salaries. Harris makes $8m.

                        Currently three CBs in top 10 are 30 or older. Most 28/29 yrs old. Only two are a young 27 yrs old.

                        Harris will turn 30 in June. It is a misconception that he is old compared to his peers.

                        Give the man the extension he deserves.

                        Comment


                        • If Harris and his camp won’t budge off the 15 mil per year then the new contract would likely be tacked onto this one so he’d play this season at his current number. 3 years 45 mil would carry him to age 34 and 15 per probably won’t be top 5 money anymore. With Keenum’s cap hit off the books and Flacco being free money whenever Lock shows that he’s ready I don’t see any reason not to give him an extension.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                            Yet they just gave a 31 year old CB over $11m for the next couple years.

                            Both sides need to find a compromise in the negotiations. There has to be a sweet spot between $11m and $15m to keep the teams top CB on the team.

                            Just to be clear. Market value for top CBs is $14m to be in top 5. Over $12m to be in top 10 salaries. Harris makes $8m.

                            Currently three CBs in top 10 are 30 or older. Most 28/29 yrs old. Only two are a young 27 yrs old.

                            Harris will turn 30 in June. It is a misconception that he is old compared to his peers.

                            Give the man the extension he deserves.
                            Keep in mind, the top-10 earning corners in the league all signed their deals before they were 28.

                            Broncos currently sit at $11,742,518 and need to sign the 2019 draft class.

                            Which players would you cut/release to make room for making Harris the top paid CB in the league? Also, how would you structure the contract to stay under the cap?

                            These are the things Elway has to figure out. It’s not necessarily something he can accomplish within a few days after the draft.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                              Keep in mind, the top-10 earning corners in the league all signed their deals before they were 28.

                              Broncos currently sit at $11,742,518 and need to sign the 2019 draft class.

                              Which players would you cut/release to make room for making Harris the top paid CB in the league?
                              Exactly. Chris Harris makes more sense on a team that came up just short last year.

                              Comment


                              • I don’t think Harris has much leverage at all. It would be career suicide to sit this year out and hope for something better next year. I think he ends up playing this year then leaving in FA next year. Unless somebody offers a 2nd rounder or player for player swap that makes sense I don’t think Elway is just going to get rid of him. He also has a very high incentive to have a great year so he can cash in the next year so I don’t see him just going through the motions if he does decide to play.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X