Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Harris Trade or Pay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    True it’s hard to value PP at this point in his career. I personally don’t think he’s worth a 1st round pick. However, he is def worth a 2nd round pick. Depending on what you think CHJ value is worth late 2nd-3rd round picks would determine how high of a pick you also would have to give the cards. That being said, I’d be okay with giving CHJ and a 3rd.
    Honestly, I dont think CHJ value is that high on the trade market. Maybe a 4th. Peterson has become a constant headache for Arizona, and CHJ would give VJ a veteran presence familiar with his "scheme". To me if we trade down to say 15 for an extra 3rd and future 4th. A package of

    PP

    For

    CHJ
    Lower of our two 3rds
    2020 4th

    Would be a favorable situation for both parties.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

    Comment


    • #32
      This is just another example of Elway’s mismanagement of the roster. He is now in a battle that never needed to be fought.

      Good chance the Broncos now have another key piece of the puzzle to replace when they have minimum cash or picks to fill the ones they already have. Just stupid!

      Harris is an elite CB on a team friendly deal for years now. The negotiations on his restructured contract should have already been done., Especially after they signed Jackson for over $11m per. A lesser player that is actually “on the wrong side of 30”.

      Instead of digging his heels in Elway should have been matching the contract at the very least. As usual he backs players into corners for no reason. Then it turns ugly. Awesome strategy!

      Broncos have such contradictory messages. Are they trying to win now or rebuild. Trying to straddle the tense and do both has them mired in mediocrity and about to lose one of their best players and team leader.

      Only hope Elway can fix this blunder. But from his unnecessary comments yesterday I doubt it.

      Comment


      • #33
        If he finished, or came close to finishing his career with the broncos, he was on my buy a jersey list...

        Guess not...

        Hope we get good trade value for him, or play him for the last year of his contract and let him walk so we can get that compensatory pick in a couple of years.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          We're not the Pats and really don't know what we're doing. He should of been paid a while ago and his contract for what he has done for this team is a joke. I hope he gets his money here.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            Honestly, I dont think CHJ value is that high on the trade market. Maybe a 4th. Peterson has become a constant headache for Arizona, and CHJ would give VJ a veteran presence familiar with his "scheme". To me if we trade down to say 15 for an extra 3rd and future 4th. A package of

            PP

            For

            CHJ
            Lower of our two 3rds
            2020 4th

            Would be a favorable situation for both parties.
            I would be ok with that scenario. We kind of need to get a real solid player back if we are trading CHJ because I am not seeing a guy in this draft that I am real confident can come in and dominate.

            Comment


            • #36
              Neither one if these would be considered imo. First I dont think Elway and co is even interested in Rosen in the least bit. If so they wouldn't wait. The 2nd over cardinals could definitely get more and a waaaaay better deal for PP #facts....but like you said it's a dream.
              In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
                We're not the Pats and really don't know what we're doing. He should of been paid a while ago and his contract for what he has done for this team is a joke. I hope he gets his money here.
                Nope. Not extending him is the smart thing especially if he really is asking for $15m per year. 30 years old and coming off an injury. That would be a joke that would bite us in the a**. I would have made him play out his contract then FT him if he played well this year. Would save you money and you’d get his remaining good years. If not, I’d trade him as well and save the $8m

                Comment


                • #38
                  CHJ started the negotiation high which is to be expected. The Broncos are set to pay him $7.8 mil in 2019 - another $5 mil per season guaranteed over 2019-2020 would be fair, I don’t think Elway will offer a contract with more than two seasons guaranteed with $25 mil guaranteed. If CHJ won’t meet Elway in the middle I expect a trade going into the draft.
                  Last edited by Fantaztic7; 04-24-2019, 07:43 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I still feel like there could be a trade up in the works with Harris being a piece of it.
                    And if there us a trade up, I feel like it's with San Fran

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                      Elway made a mistake in not extending Harris earlier. He signed Kareem Jackson who is not the level of Harris to a higher contract without realizing the repercussions. Now we are heading into a tough scenario where Harris isn't on the team and the best DB is Jackson, likely forcing an early pick to be a CB where other needs like O line, QB, and ILB needed to be filled.
                      It is the nature of the NFL, that a real nice contract when it was signed is a team friendly deal at the end of it. I love Chris Harris Jr. and hope that Elway will restructure in a way so he can get paid on incentives. He was an amazing #2 CB and he is solid at #1, but he is not the same guy now that did not give up a TD for two years.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                        Neither one if these would be considered imo. First I dont think Elway and co is even interested in Rosen in the least bit. If so they wouldn't wait. The 2nd over cardinals could definitely get more and a waaaaay better deal for PP #facts....but like you said it's a dream.
                        They may have not waited to use a 2nd to get Rosen so that could be the reason why they haven’t jumped on it. With new circumstances( CHJ demand) that could force them to look at all option and potentially not have to use a 2nd to get him. But we don’t know their interest in Rosen or not. We know you’re not interested in him lol.

                        We were literally talking about PP trade for us last year and majority of the people on 104.3 the fan mention a 2nd rounder.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          First of all I have no clue why anybody in thier right mind would ever want to get rid of our Best Cornerback. CHJ from Day 1 has always been a Baller and Gamer and I do not see that ending this year for sure. With that said I hope that CHJ is never traded ever however in worst case I would like to see him traded for Nick Mullens and 2nd rounder if that has to be the case I sure as hell hope that I am wrong about any trade involving CHJ this is just crazy draft talk lol.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                            They may have not waited to use a 2nd to get Rosen so that could be the reason why they haven’t jumped on it. With new circumstances( CHJ demand) that could force them to look at all option and potentially not have to use a 2nd to get him. But we don’t know their interest in Rosen or not. We know you’re not interested in him lol.

                            We were literally talking about PP trade for us last year and majority of the people on 104.3 the fan mention a 2nd rounder.
                            If the really wanted him no matter the cost they would have done so. If they truly felt he was a franchise qb what's a second rd pick. If you could have gotten Baker, pat, for a second round pick wouldn't you have done so??? I seriously doubt this has a 5% chance of happening.

                            Just bc it was reported doesn't mean it's TRUE. They can easily get a late 1st or like a 2nd and 4th for PP
                            In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                              First of all I have no clue why anybody in thier right mind would ever want to get rid of our Best Cornerback. CHJ from Day 1 has always been a Baller and Gamer and I do not see that ending this year for sure. With that said I hope that CHJ is never traded ever however in worst case I would like to see him traded for Nick Mullens and 2nd rounder if that has to be the case I sure as hell hope that I am wrong about any trade involving CHJ this is just crazy draft talk lol.
                              Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to trade CHJ either but him coming out and saying “pay me or trade me” we might not have much choice. The report of him asking for $15m is laughable and def won’t happen.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                                CHJ is started the negotiation high which is to be expected. The Broncos would are set to pay him $7.8 mil in 2019 - another $5 mil per season guaranteed over 2019-2020 would be fair, I don’t think Elway will offer a contract with more than two seasons guaranteed with $25 mil guaranteed. If CHJ won’t meet Elway in the middle I expect a trade going into the draft.
                                The issue is the lack of negotiations. Why are the Broncos in this position,....again! It is frustrating.

                                The contract you suggest is basically a small bump to Jackson’s. A three year contract with guaranteed money paid off in the first two years and a team option on the third. Hell, give Harris a signing bonus and they might generate some additional cap this year.

                                Of course Harris’ is starting with “$15m or trade me” it is now unnecessarily contentious with bruised egos involved.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X