• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MHS View Post
    Ryan O'Halloran
    @ryanohalloran
    ·
    5m
    #Broncos CB Chris Harris on his situation: "I think something’s going to happen soon."

I'm not thinking that sounds good for him coming back
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Given his contract, only 1 year left, and that he is 30, I can't see us getting more than a 3rd rounder for him.

Williams, yeah I can't see the Jets shipping him out.

The only way I see us dealing Harris is if we somehow make a deal with the Cardinals for Patrick Peterson who is rumored to be on the block.
      A book I wrote

Comment

• If we trade with the Jets it will be for Lee, imo. I like CHJ for Lee and their 4th

Comment

• “They paid 11 million to a guy who isnt as good. Not saying CHJ should get 15 million but if you look at some CB in the league hes definitely worth 13 million.”

Chris Harris got his money, SOLID money, FAIR money, on his last contract. Now, before the expiration of the contract that HE signed as being “acceptable and fair” at the time, he’s suddenly not feeling the love.... What happened to integrity and honor of living up to your end without changing the rules of the game while in the middle of the game? Sad...

I’ve always loved CHJ and I’d love for him to be in Denver until retirement, but one player a team does not make. I’m not saying his argument isn’t somewhat justified, but it is insanely selfish and very poorly timed. Team first CHJ, team first.....

Comment

• Trade him.

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
              I'm not thinking that sounds good for him coming back
              And thus Greedy Williams name is appearing on more lips.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigSkyBronco View Post
                “They paid 11 million to a guy who isnt as good. Not saying CHJ should get 15 million but if you look at some CB in the league hes definitely worth 13 million.”

Chris Harris got his money, SOLID money, FAIR money, on his last contract. Now, before the expiration of the contract that HE signed as being “acceptable and fair” at the time, he’s suddenly not feeling the love.... What happened to integrity and honor of living up to your end without changing the rules of the game while in the middle of the game? Sad...

I’ve always loved CHJ and I’d love for him to be in Denver until retirement, but one player a team does not make. I’m not saying his argument isn’t somewhat justified, but it is insanely selfish and very poorly timed. Team first CHJ, team first.....
                Eh...

I'm not going to take THIS side. I do agree that Chris' deal was fair at the time but he's more than outplayed it and deserves a pay raise. I just don't have a problem with the Broncos not giving him that raise based on their circumstances, I don't have a problem with anything Elway said about the situation, and I certainly don't think what he said contributed anything to the decision Chris was ultimately going to make except perhaps the timing of it.

Having said all of that, NFL players' contracts for the most part entirely favor management. Teams cut players all the time in the middle of contracts and it's called "business", but when a player holds out, they're loyalty is called out. I can't buy that. So while I don't have a problem with what Elway and the Broncos are doing, I also don't have a problem with what Chris is doing.
                sigpic

Comment

• ...,,, Don't let the door hit him in the backside!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM View Post
                    Given his contract, only 1 year left, and that he is 30, I can't see us getting more than a 3rd rounder for him.

Williams, yeah I can't see the Jets shipping him out.

The only way I see us dealing Harris is if we somehow make a deal with the Cardinals for Patrick Peterson who is rumored to be on the block.
                    We got a 5th for one of the Top CBs in the league. A 3rd for Harris may be a little too much to hope for. And the Broncos are certainly not going to get a #1 or multiple early picks as some have suggested on this Board.

But yeah, I could see Arizona doing a deal. It would be a win-win situation for two teams with two disgruntled CBs who are both excellent defensive backs. I wouldn't mind seeing the Broncos throwing in a 2nd or 3rd for Rosen at the same time. That would end any idea of spending the 10th Pick on a QB, and would allow the Broncos to go BPA.

Comment

• I would offer him 4 years 48 million & if he says no to that then let him play out the final year, then move on because he is not worth 15 million a year.

if he wants to sit out the year then he only hurts his chances of getting the money he wants because he would not only be a year older but also have not played 1 whole season + 1/4 of the season before & i don't see anybody paying him top dollar at that point.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                        I would offer him 4 years 48 million & if he says no to that then let him play out the final year, then move on because he is not worth 15 million a year.

if he wants to sit out the year then he only hurts his chances of getting the money he wants because he would not only be a year older but also have not played 1 whole season + 1/4 of the season before & i don't see anybody paying him top dollar at that point.
                        If he refuses whatever contract extension that is offered to him (IF it's offered to him) then the next course of action needs to be to trade him. With everything this team has going on, the last thing they need is a distraction all year as to the status of Chris and whether he's going to show up.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          If he refuses whatever contract extension that is offered to him (IF it's offered to him) then the next course of action needs to be to trade him. With everything this team has going on, the last thing they need is a distraction all year as to the status of Chris and whether he's going to show up.
                          but doesn't that set a bad example going forward for any player that comes to the same situation & says to them that if you don't get what you want just throw a tantrum, hold out & then you get out & you will get your way?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                            but doesn't that set a bad example going forward for any player that comes to the same situation & says to them that if you don't get what you want just throw a tantrum, hold out & then you get out & you will get your way?
                            I've always operated under the belief that once a player makes it clear he doesn't want to be with a team anymore, the only course of action is to cut ties with him, either by trade or release or whatever. I don't think any message is sent with that other than he didn't want to be here so we're moving on and focusing on those players that do want to be here.
                            sigpic

Comment

• This is maddeningly predictable.

Chris Harris is one of my favorite players. It's not an overstatement at all to say without him we don't win a Super Bowl in 2015.

He's been woefully underpaid for the last 4 seasons. Entering the final year of his deal and feels like the team is playing hardball with him. (If you don't think Elway is using the threat of drafting a corner early to keep his asking price down you're not following how business in the NFL is done.) And says if he doesn't get what he feels he's earned he should be dealt elsewhere.

Now the comments come out about how he should keep his mouth shut, that his first contract was totally fair, (he outperformed it considerably), that he needs to think about the team, he should stop being selfish. I've even seen the "don't let the door hit you on the way out.".

This all for a player who I need to remind everyone, again, WE DON'T WIN A SUPERBOWL WITHOUT HIM.

I hate these situations for the ugliness it brings out in fans. Fans who during their lifetime have no doubt gone through trying to get a raise to be paid what they feel like they deserve, who have made stances known to a company that they have other job offers they are exploring. Let the business of this play out as it should. Elway's playing hardball, it's absolutely within Harris' right to play some back at him. Both are looking for leverage. It has nothing to do with Harris' feelings about playing for his teammates and coaches. I hope this has an amicable resolution, but if it doesn't and we end up trading him I will have nothing but awesome things to say about Harris.
                              A book I wrote

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM View Post
                                This is maddeningly predictable.

Chris Harris is one of my favorite players. It's not an overstatement at all to say without him we don't win a Super Bowl in 2015.

He's been woefully underpaid for the last 4 seasons. Entering the final year of his deal and feels like the team is playing hardball with him. (If you don't think Elway is using the threat of drafting a corner early to keep his asking price down you're not following how business in the NFL is done.) And says if he doesn't get what he feels he's earned he should be dealt elsewhere.

Now the comments come out about how he should keep his mouth shut, that his first contract was totally fair, (he outperformed it considerably), that he needs to think about the team, he should stop being selfish. I've even seen the "don't let the door hit you on the way out.".

This all for a player who I need to remind everyone, again, WE DON'T WIN A SUPERBOWL WITHOUT HIM.

I hate these situations for the ugliness it brings out in fans. Fans who during their lifetime have no doubt gone through trying to get a raise to be paid what they feel like they deserve, who have made stances known to a company that they have other job offers they are exploring. Let the business of this play out as it should. Elway's playing hardball, it's absolutely within Harris' right to play some back at him. Both are looking for leverage. It has nothing to do with Harris' feelings about playing for his teammates and coaches. I hope this has an amicable resolution, but if it doesn't and we end up trading him I will have nothing but awesome things to say about Harris.

What have you done for me lately. Thats all they care about in the NFL. THe days of loyalty and guys playing a whole career with a team are over. I am sad about that, but it is what it is. If Harris is underpaid he should be yelling at his agent for botching the contract in his prime.

Comment

Working...
                                X