No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 NFL Draft... Let's Go Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does CHJ to the Jets for Darren Lee and their 4th or 5th rd pick sound possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
      Fangio said that Jones will initially play as a Tackle in our Nickle package, but that our Nickle package will be similar to our base. Looking more and more like Oliver would have been the guy at #10 and that we will one gap.
      Just before Buffalo picked Ed Oliver at #9, I thought it would be interesting if he became available at #10, to see what Elway would do. So, Buffalo picked him at #9 and Elway traded back to #20. The DreMont Jones pick at #71 seems like a similar type of player to Oliver. Denver went offense with their first three picks. Maybe they will go D the rest of the way.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
        I know. I was freaking out when I thought Oliver was dropping to us.
        I wanted Oliver too, but I prefer Fant/Lock combo over just getting Ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by cirehawk View Post
          I would say that JE has done a great job with the past 2 drafts (last year and this one). Actually, he's gotten a lot of things right in most of the previous drafts. He just kept chasing a QB and that indeed led to some bad picks. But he did finally stop chasing these last 2 years and let the right scenario for getting a value QB come to him.
          Part of drafting is luck...but part of it is putting the team in position to be able to take advantage of said luck when it comes our way.

What I like is two years in a row I think he had his "guys" but if his guys did not come to him he knew he could get the next level of guys by trading down.

Last year Chubb was there so Elway passed on the trade and picked Chubb.

This year I think he was hoping Oliver or maybe Hockenson fell to 10. When it did not happen a trade was executed and we got a good TE+DT+QB
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Sam, are you happy we got our swing tackle?
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              Sam, are you happy we got our swing tackle?
              Do you mean Dalton? I don't think he'll be Swing Tackle because it seems like he'll start on the inside. If a Tackle was needed on game day, he might be involved in a shuffle that would put him at RT. Let's see if the Broncos draft a T or sign an UDFA T.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• As I was thinking, sounds like Lock has a bigger chip on his shoulder.....and though in the long run it matters not as much as it once did, when you were drafted, the added value for us might be a guy coming in wanting to prove he was not only a 1st rounder, but the best of the entire pack.

I feel for him too, because he sounds like a nice guy....and he knowingly admitted that he made a slightly unthoughtful response the other day....that he'd rather go late to a good team, than early to a bad team. When asked at the pre draft, he immediately corrected what he meant to say. But most folks only hear the initial comment.

I like this guy. He has a rifle of an arm, and the comparisons to Jay Cutler are fine by me....he even looks a bit like him. But Jay minus the attitude, and that sounds exactly like a QB I can back. Because I believe he might not only have the arm and athleticism, but the smarts and understanding, to work on his game.

This could be a perfect fit. Receivers.....get ready for some action!!
                Last edited by CanDB; 04-27-2019, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Hakeem Butler goes.

Comment

• Arizona is sure going young at QB and WRs! Could be an explosive crew in a year or so,

Comment

• Andy Isabella and Hakeem Butler to throw to for Kyler Murray. Nice picks for the Cards.

Comment

• Bengals take Ryan Finley. Could see a run on QB's coming up.

Comment

• hopefully we cam find a couple of gems today

Comment

• Finley comes off as a career backup. Should have been Stidham imo
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
                              hopefully we cam find a couple of gems today
                              Elway historically drafts better in rounds 4-7 and undrafted college free agents
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Man, having to wait until #148 is gonna be torture. Unless, something happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X