Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Finley comes off as a career backup. Should have been Stidham imo
    Why? Stidham is nothing more than a career backup and gets very skiddish once he takes his first hit. He hears footsteps when they aren’t there.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
      Nah, Elway has had a good draft thus far. The trade was just a little head scratching to me.
      yea I agree

the 5th round is where teams can start taking bigger chances.

Elway, his staff and the coaches have knocked this draft out of the park so far from my point of view.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• I don't like all the picks, but will agree Elway grabbed 4 talents players, so I'm happy. Teams are picking in the 4th and we have already added 5 guys and have an extra 3 next year. Solid job.
        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          Why? Stidham is nothing more than a career backup and gets very skiddish once he takes his first hit. He hears footsteps when they aren’t there.
          Finley diesn't have the arm strength to take advantage of players like AJ Green. He never improved his play dramatically in all that time at NC State

As for Stidham, the Senior bowl showed he could grow under the right coaching. He had a very good year in 2017, and then poor O line and receiver plays along with undeveloped footwork squashed his development.
          Last edited by TheAsianPA; 04-27-2019, 10:29 AM.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• 26 more to go

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
              they have a lot of speed to Campbell to go with Hilton
              In one year they turned their Oline into one of the best, got Luck back, and saw a rookie - Leonard, become an instant force on D. I note a wise approach to the draft now, and they have done very well minus a first rounder this year. Luck has another WR weapon, and they added nice pieces to their D. They seem to have nothing much in the way of weakness.

Comment

• Stupid chargers took Tranquill
                Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                  yea I agree

the 5th round is where teams can start taking bigger chances.

Elway, his staff and the coaches have knocked this draft out of the park so far from my point of view.
                  I only count 4. Am I missing something?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    In one year they turned their Oline into one of the best, got Luck back, and saw a rookie - Leonard, become an instant force on D. I note a wise approach to the draft now, and they have done very well minus a first rounder this year. Luck has another WR weapon, and they added nice pieces to their D. They seem to have nothing much in the way of weakness.
                    Not only that, they barely spent anything in free agency last year and this year, despite having amongst the most cap space the last two years. They are building through the draft, acquiring picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Do you mean Dalton? I don't think he'll be Swing Tackle because it seems like he'll start on the inside. If a Tackle was needed on game day, he might be involved in a shuffle that would put him at RT. Let's see if the Broncos draft a T or sign an UDFA T.
                      Even though he held his own against Montez Sweat, but being that his arms are shorter than usual for an NFL O-linemen, do you see it affecting his ability to play at the Tackle position in the NFL if for some reason he’s asked to play outside occasionally?
                      Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-27-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        Part of drafting is luck...but part of it is putting the team in position to be able to take advantage of said luck when it comes our way.

What I like is two years in a row I think he had his "guys" but if his guys did not come to him he knew he could get the next level of guys by trading down.

Last year Chubb was there so Elway passed on the trade and picked Chubb.

This year I think he was hoping Oliver or maybe Hockenson fell to 10. When it did not happen a trade was executed and we got a good TE+DT+QB
                        Agreed. He definitely seems to have learned how to read the unexpected changes of picks much better and maneuver around to still get guys they like at a great value.

Comment

• Pats take Stidham.

Comment

• Drew Lock says “there’s no more school for him” meaning he has a lot more time to dedicate and focus on his football skill!

Comment

• And Pats took Stidham.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Here's what I love about our draft so far. If I was to look ahead to next year's draft, we have few holes to worry about....

- With Flacco and Lock we should be set at QB
                                - Our Oline is looking quite decent
                                - We have young, talented RBs
                                - We also have young, talented WRs...though I can see adding one by next year
                                - We have 2 stud pass rushers
                                - We have a quality Dbackfield, though we need to address the CHJ situation
                                - My concerns are the interior D, including DT and ILB...that's the area we should address

But we have a new coaching team, and I expect improvements once they get into a groove. That should be a value add. And sure, maybe next FA we take care of at least one or two of these "weaker" spots, leaving the draft wide open for some young guns!!!

Final comment...we may not go deep in '19/20, but I can see us making a big move in '20/21.

Comment

Working...
                                X