Everything 2019 NFL Draft... Let's Go Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
    Not only that, they barely spent anything in free agency last year and this year, despite having amongst the most cap space the last two years. They are building through the draft, acquiring picks.
    True that!

Comment

• perfect place for Stidham.
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
        Finley diesn't have the arm strength to take advantage of players like AJ Green. He never improved his play dramatically in all that time at NC State

As for Stidham, the Senior bowl showed he could grow under the right coaching. He had a very good year in 2017, and then poor O line and receiver plays along with undeveloped footwork squashed his development.
        I’m well aware of stidhams strengths and flaws. I’m an Auburn fan. He is not that great. Even with a decent 2017 it took him half the season to get going and get over his fear of the line collapsing.

That said the Pats are probably the right system of any for him. I hope to god I’m right now.
        sigpic

Comment

• I just read Darron Lee is on the bubble. I hope that is the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Here's what I love about our draft so far. If I was to look ahead to next year's draft, we have few holes to worry about....

- With Flacco and Lock we should be set at QB
            - Our Oline is looking quite decent
            - We have young, talented RBs
            - We also have young, talented WRs...though I can see adding one by next year
            - We have 2 stud pass rushers
            - We have a quality Dbackfield, though we need to address the CHJ situation
            - My concerns are the interior D, including DT and ILB...that's the area we should address

But we have a new coaching team, and I expect improvements once they get into a groove. That should be a value add. And sure, maybe next FA we take care of at least one or two of these "weaker" spots, leaving the draft wide open for some young guns!!!

Final comment...we may not go deep in '19/20, but I can see us making a big move in '20/21.
            I think between Gotsis, Wolfe, Kerr and now Jones, we’ll be more than ok.

Wolfe has to stay healthy but the size differences between Jones, Wolfe and Gotsis aren’t that far off.

Wolfe is 6/5 290, Gotsis is 6/4 387, Jones is 6/3 295 with a frame that could add atleast 15 more pounds without affecting his speed too much!

What I like about shorter interior linemen is the fact that they can get under the shoulders and control the oppositions movement easier.

Donald and Dumervil both give testimony to the theory!

Comment

• Mack Wilson continues to slide hope he somehow makes it to our pick in the 5th

Comment

• Originally posted by multimoussa View Post
                I just read Darron Lee is on the bubble. I hope that is the case.
                In an ideal world, Mack Wilson falls to us and Lee gets cut and we pick him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                  Mack Wilson continues to slide hope he somehow makes it to our pick in the 5th
                  I doubt it but you never know.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Did anybody see we traded our 5th to the 49ers for Dakota Watson and a 6th? He's 31...
                    GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                      Mack Wilson continues to slide hope he somehow makes it to our pick in the 5th
                      I have a feeling Eagles take Mack at#138. They desperately need an ILB.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                        I have a feeling Eagles take Mack at#138. They desperately need an ILB.
                        If not Mack, Tre Watson then he’s going to be a very good player for years

Comment

• Nope, they too DE Miller from Penn State.

Comment

• If Mack is gone I’d go with Ben Burr from Wash or Ty summers TCU
                            sigpic

Comment

• I'm okay with the picks so far. Not overjoyed but okay. It's been a solid draft. Lock wasn't my favorite but I'm okay.

But the decision to trade away a fifth in exchange for a sixth and a 31 year old someone we cut a few years back, at outside lb which isn't an area of need for us is mind boggling. What were they thinking? That's horrible value. Elway and Russell getting too clever for their own good. Must have owed John Lynch a favor for our OC signing.
                              To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Cmon John...move up if necessary and grab Wilson. He was projected to go 2nd round by some. And yes, we need some ILB!

Comment

Working...
                                X