Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 NFL Draft... Let's Go Broncos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Just because it’s their job doesn’t make them good at it. How successful has our staff who’s job it is to evaluate players been? Mediocre at best.

    I like Lock but I really wanted Haskins. I watched every play of Haskins year last season and the dude has got “it” he wasn’t supposed to be available at 29 but there he fell into our laps and we passed. The rule of thumb is if you don’t have a franchise QB and you get the chance to draft one, you do it. We don’t have one. Oh but in Elway eyes Flacco is it, what a joke. Elway has a chance to redeem himself if Lock falls to 41, but he won’t. I’m calling Tre Watson with one of these 2 2nd founders tonight.
    Everyone passed on Lock in the first round, not just Elway and the Broncos. He never deserved to be a first round pick based on film. The only reason he had top 10 hype is because he's a QB and the media tried to stir up excitement, especially at the QB position. The Broncos were smart to pass on him twice.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Denver Broncos Rule !! Let's go get some other Great Players in Round 2 and 3 Tonight ! Let's Rock It !!

      Comment


      • Round 1 gets the glory but rounds 2 & 3 , to me, are usually the best for finding your quality starters for the roster.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
          Just because it’s their job doesn’t make them good at it. How successful has our staff who’s job it is to evaluate players been? Mediocre at best.

          I like Lock but I really wanted Haskins. I watched every play of Haskins year last season and the dude has got “it” he wasn’t supposed to be available at 10 but there he fell into our laps and we passed. The rule of thumb is if you don’t have a franchise QB and you get the chance to draft one, you do it. We don’t have one. Oh but in Elway eyes Flacco is it, what a joke. Elway has a chance to redeem himself if Lock falls to 41, but he won’t. I’m calling Tre Watson with one of these 2 2nd rounders tonight.
          Here are Elway's 2nd round picks.

          2018 - Courtland Sutton - ???
          2017 - DeMarcus Walker - Bust
          2016 - Adam Gotsis
          2015 - Ty Sambrailo - Bust
          2014 - Cody Latimer - Bust
          2013 - Montee Ball - Bust
          2012 - Derek Wolfe
          2012 - Brock Osweiler - Bust
          2011 - Rahim Moore - Bust
          2011 - Orlando Franklin

          Comment


          • Here are Elway's first rounders. This actually isn't bad, he's already drafted one hall of famer. In 2011 there was actually some question as to whether we would take Von Miller or Marcell Dareus. That wasn't a no-brainer pick.

            2019 - Noah Fant - ???
            2018 - Bradley Chubb
            2017 - Garett Bolles - Debatable
            2016 - Paxton Lynch - Bust
            2015 - Shane Ray - Bust
            2014 - Bradley Roby
            2013 - Sylvester Williams
            2011 - Von Miller

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
              Here are Elway's 2nd round picks.

              2018 - Courtland Sutton - ???
              2017 - DeMarcus Walker - Bust
              2016 - Adam Gotsis
              2015 - Ty Sambrailo - Bust
              2014 - Cody Latimer - Bust
              2013 - Montee Ball - Bust
              2012 - Derek Wolfe
              2012 - Brock Osweiler - Bust
              2011 - Rahim Moore - Bust
              2011 - Orlando Franklin
              Wow, this is brutal seeing all these names right there. Easily Elways worst round. I don’t think the 2nd round should be that hard either. Usually there are still guys there that had/have 1st rd grades. Don’t get cute, take the best players available unless there’s a glaring need.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                Wilson would be great! We could even put him in the number 56, I could resurrect my Al Wilson jersey. It’ll be nostalgic!
                Lets go Retro!!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                  Everyone passed on Lock in the first round, not just Elway and the Broncos. He never deserved to be a first round pick based on film. The only reason he had top 10 hype is because he's a QB and the media tried to stir up excitement, especially at the QB position. The Broncos were smart to pass on him twice.
                  It's easy to say today that Lock didn't deserve to be first round pick, because he wasn't one. Haskins was a first round QB that we could have taken.

                  The Broncos could have drafted either QB and didn't. That tells me the Broncos didn't like these QBs. Since that was the case for them, I have to agree with what their strategy of "if you dont like these QBs, trade back".

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
                    It's easy to say today that Lock didn't deserve to be first round pick, because he wasn't one. Haskins was a first round QB that we could have taken.

                    The Broncos could have drafted either QB and didn't. That tells me the Broncos didn't like these QBs. Since that was the case for them, I have to agree with what their strategy of "if you dont like these QBs, trade back".
                    It probably says more about how much faith the FO has in Flacco than anything else.
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                      So, if you could go back in time, you would still Draft Lock at #10? What about every single GM passing on Lock in the 1st Round don't you get? The guy isn't a 1st Round talent. He wasn't seen as a Franchise QB prospect, or someone would have taken him. Did we learn nothing from taking Brock Osweiler in the 2nd Round? This Franchise can't continue to throw top Draft Picks on marginal, "crapshoot" QBs with the hope that they MIGHT turn out some day. We threw a 1st and a 2nd Round Draft Pick down a rat hole with Lynch and Osweiler. Thank GOD we have a professional who appears to have learned from his mistakes running the Draft, and not fans who were shown to be wrong, and "silly", about Drew Lock.

                      And you may not like it, but Joe Flacco is the Broncos Starting QB, AND the QB of the future for what John Elway said could be the next 4 years. Why people can't accept that is the decision of this Franchise is just ................... silly.
                      I don't think it cool to call other fans "silly" about any of this, as if anyone knows for sure how these players will turn out. My case is not just about picking Lock; it's about the fact we have no long term QB plan, and that's not a good thing. I disagree that Flacco is our guy for the next 4 years. I hate to even think of it, but he may not last this season.

                      We have our right to comment here, even if it goes against the grain of the GM and his group, or just some other fans.

                      Lets just move on....enjoy the draft, and have fun making our personal commentaries. Hey, I may be totally off base with my views/preferences, but that's what we sports fans do.....comment, speculate, disagree (in a constructive way if possible), hope.
                      Last edited by CanDB; 04-26-2019, 11:38 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
                        It's easy to say today that Lock didn't deserve to be first round pick, because he wasn't one. Haskins was a first round QB that we could have taken.

                        The Broncos could have drafted either QB and didn't. That tells me the Broncos didn't like these QBs. Since that was the case for them, I have to agree with what their strategy of "if you dont like these QBs, trade back".
                        For weeks I have been saying he is a late first/early second round talent and got blasted for it. Haskins is a much more polished passer than Lock despite only starting one year.

                        I agree with their strategy as well and if somehow Lock is their at #41 and we take him, I won't feel good about it because it tells me that the Broncos never saw him as a franchise QB in the first place. If they saw that in him, you have to take him at #10 and not risk moving back.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
                          Here are Elway's 2nd round picks.

                          2018 - Courtland Sutton - ???
                          2017 - DeMarcus Walker - Bust
                          2016 - Adam Gotsis
                          2015 - Ty Sambrailo - Bust
                          2014 - Cody Latimer - Bust
                          2013 - Montee Ball - Bust
                          2012 - Derek Wolfe
                          2012 - Brock Osweiler - Bust
                          2011 - Rahim Moore - Bust
                          2011 - Orlando Franklin
                          I don’t agree with your definition of a bust. The only two are Ty S and Walker. Every one of those other players contributed quite a bit.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by IAbronco24 View Post
                            Wow, this is brutal seeing all these names right there. Easily Elways worst round. I don’t think the 2nd round should be that hard either. Usually there are still guys there that had/have 1st rd grades. Don’t get cute, take the best players available unless there’s a glaring need.
                            We need that stud corner which would be Byron Murphy however I could see Elway taking Rock Ya Sin.

                            Sin is a good press man to man corner but I think Fangio is going to go with more zone than man to man.

                            His footwork in zone isnt so good IMO, he’s too quick to hinge open to the play with leverage and creates blind spots in his coverage.

                            He has good turn and run abilities in a deep coverage especially on 3rd down and benefits from length at the point of the catch to close quickly with his relentless tackling but I just don’t see him being all that special in zone coverage at the NFL level!

                            Hopefully I’m wrong!
                            Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-26-2019, 11:37 AM.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Matt Miller’s Round 2-3 mock has Denver taking:

                              2-41: Mack Wilson, LB Alabama
                              2-52: Tyree Jackson, QB Buffalo

                              3-71: Zach Allen, DL Boston College

                              Haha. Seriously? No OL and Tyree in the second?!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                                I don’t agree with your definition of a bust. The only two are Ty S and Walker. Every one of those other players contributed quite a bit.
                                Fair enough. Here's why I labeled these players as busts:

                                2014 - Latimer - Couldn't stick as the #3 receiver with Peyton Manning as his QB (remember him, the guy who created stars all over the place?) and only played onspecial teams for his last 2 years with the team. This pick was part of the reason we had to draft Sutton in round 2 of 2018.
                                2013 - Ball - Was out of the NFL before his second season ended. One of the worst picks...ever.
                                2012 - Osweiler - Spurned Elway which included a public dispute that made Elway disparage him in the media. Was supposed to be "the man" in Houston and failed miserably forcing them to take a QB in round 1 a year after giving him a large contract. Came begging back to Elway to sign after he was cut by ...the Browns. Is a career backup QB.
                                2011 - Moore - Cost us a legitimate shot at the superbowl trophy in 2012. Never recovered his reputation in Denver. Went to Houston for less than 1 year and was then out of the league.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X