• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have a 3rd ?

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
      He won't be starting right away.
      Or ever. Let me ask where have we heard about a QB with good size, incredible arm strength but not a lot of experience in a pro system who had bad footwork and mechanics and was challenged with accuracy? Say a QB that everyone said would need some time to develop?

Oh yeah, Paxton Lynch. You could also say Brock Osweiler. Even Jay Cutler.

By drafting Lock you've created a QB controversy for no reason with Flacco, whiffed on getting a day one starter at other positions of need, and likely made it very difficult to draft a true franchise QB next year where there were actually some to be had. This was a bad pick, I don't like it.
      To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
        Anybody remember how big Malik Jackson was when he played NT for us?
        Jackson Played DE and he was a monster but it’s the first step advantage that Jones brings to Denver that’ll help him succeed. He’s going to be blowing past the competition because I’m denver it’s less likely that he’ll be double teamed!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiz View Post
          Great draft, great comments and feedback, and see no spoilers. Let’s all raise a glass of whatever you have and cheers to another solid draft!
          Cheers!

It’s been great and looking forward to the late round picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post
            Or ever. Let me ask where have we heard about a QB with good size, incredible arm strength but not a lot of experience in a pro system who had bad footwork and mechanics and was challenged with accuracy? Say a QB that everyone said would need some time to develop?

By drafting Lock you've created a QB controversy for no reason with Flacco, whiffed on getting a day one starter at other positions of need, and likely made it very difficult to draft a true franchise QB next year where there were actually some to be had. This was a bad pick, I don't like it.
            Brett Favre?

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
              Do we have a 3rd ?
              Drafted Dre’Mont Jones with the 71st pick.

Comment

• Khalen Saunders to the Chiefs. That stinks. I liked Saunders. He could be a stud.

Comment

• Let me ask where have we heard about a QB with good size, incredible arm strength but not a lot of experience in a pro system who had bad footwork and mechanics and was challenged with accuracy? Say a QB that everyone said would need some time to develop?
                  Elway anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                    Brett Favre?
                    Ha! Lol. Next you'll be saying we can get a franchise QB in the sixth round because of Tom Brady. I think Lock compares to Cutler, Lynch and Osweiler more than Favre. But if he becomes a Brett Favre type, I'll gladly eat crow and enjoy it.
                    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Malik Jackson was 6’5” 284 lbs with 33 3/4” arms.

Jones is 6’3” 281 lbs with 33 3/4” arms.

Comment

• So what does Denver do for there LB issue. Jones is cool and all but he can’t cover TE’s. Did people forget that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                          Elway anyone?
                          Pat Mahomes?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                            So what does Denver do for there LB issue. Jones is cool and all but he can’t cover TE’s. Did people forget that?
                            I still think there’s a trade for Darron Lee, the Jets really have no use for him now.

However they’re most likely making it really expensive since they know Denver would really need him.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

Pat Mahomes? Mitchell Trubisky?

Pretty much any QB with a big arm coming out of college will have these same question marks. Guys like Luck and Wentz are rare in today’s draft. We actually have one of those guys in Flacco so take that for what you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                                So what does Denver do for there LB issue. Jones is cool and all but he can’t cover TE’s. Did people forget that?
                                Mack Wilson is still on the board, but I think we’re targeting Bobby Okereke.

Comment

Working...
                                X