Everything 2019 NFL Draft... Let's Go Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    Not at all man I just got busy with life and didn’t have enough time to post and discuss football on here as before.
    Consider things to be just as they were. Always nice to see your name on here!

Comment

• No corner so far. I hope this means a positive resolution with Harris.
      A book I wrote

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM View Post
        No corner so far. I hope this means a positive resolution with Harris.
        I was thinking this very thing, Elway will find the money and although I hate to say it but he’ll find it even if he has to cut a player that is less productive at his position than CHJ is at his.

Could be a reason we drafted an Interior linemen tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM View Post
          No corner so far. I hope this means a positive resolution with Harris.
          Good point!

As for Mack Wilson....maybe he was a bit hyped, because he is still waiting to be taken.

My summation:

Broncos have done quite well so far. Love the value they got for a potential long term starting QB, who may have a chip on his shoulder after falling well into the 2nd round. Fant and Risner make us a better team, and in places we needed to strengthen. Not sure about Jones just yet, but I will not cross him off my list of hopefuls.

Lets keep it going on Saturday!!:thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Consider things to be just as they were. Always nice to see your name on here!
            Thanks man! Likewise to you. It’s great to be back time to time.
            sigpic

Comment

• I ran out of CPs to give. Catch up with some folks tomorrow!

Good night gang!!!

Comment

• Hopefully our last three picks will involve CB, ILB, and WR.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  Hopefully our last three picks will involve CB, ILB, and WR.
                  If there's a strong prospect left on the board in the middle of the 4th, we could package our two 5ths and our 7th to trade up.

I'd almost rather do that since 5ths and 7ths are such long shots.

Plus we usually find a gem or two in the UDFA pool...

Comment

Holy crap, Elway killed it this draft. We got Risner, Lock, and Dremont Jones?
                    agreed

It is very easy to be happy with the Broncos draft so far

2nd best TE
                    3rd best QB
                    8th best OL
                    4th best DT

Per Walterfootball

That is a lot of talent for coaches to work with
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                      If there's a strong prospect left on the board in the middle of the 4th, we could package our two 5ths and our 7th to trade up.

I'd almost rather do that since 5ths and 7ths are such long shots.

Plus we usually find a gem or two in the UDFA pool...
                      Eh, I'd rather we wait and see what we can get. The draft has had a ton of talent falling. Mack Wilson, Chauncey Gardner Johnson, Emanuel Hall, Blake Cashman are all still available.
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Eh, I'd rather we wait and see what we can get. The draft has had a ton of talent falling. Mack Wilson, Chauncey Gardner Johnson, Emanuel Hall, Blake Cashman are all still available.
                        You think they'll make it to the 5th round?

That would be awesome if so. Doesn't seem likely to me.

Comment

• I am so happy we have a young gunslinger QB to get excited about. Lock will be hungry and determined.

Comment

• Chris Trapasso - CBS Sports

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...noah-fant/amp/

Drew Lock is a Denver Bronco. And they got him at No. 42 overall.

After a few drafts in which John Elway got overly anxious, which ultimately led to disappointing classes, he has done a fantastic job navigating the first and second rounds of the 2019 NFL Draft.

Heck, Lock was a trendy mock draft pick to the Broncos at No. 10 overall, and after a moving down, then up to get the Missouri quarterback in Round 2, they landed my No. 1 signal-caller in this class.

Lock is far from perfect. While his pocket presence improved in his senior season at Missouri, it could be better, and on occasion, he can be late on throws toward the boundary. But Lock has the best arm strength in the class, and is accurate to all levels of the field -- though his ball placement is better at the intermediate and downfield portions of the field than in the short areas.

He's plenty athletic and can make the off-schedule, outside-of-structure throws from a variety of arm angles. And I love his aggressiveness and willingness to zip tight-window throws even after an interception. With a year -- or at least half a season -- behind Joe Flacco, Lock will have time to fine-tune some aspects of his game. In a vertical-based system, Lock can be a dangerous, chunk-play based quarterback who can consistently place the ball into the bucket downfield and rip throws across the middle. Fantastic work by Elway and Co.

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                              Hate to say it but Vic Fangio is looking exhausted..... I hope Elway isn't wearing him out before we start the season lolol
                              Fangio has looked like that from the first time I saw him. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                                Chris Trapasso - CBS Sports

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...noah-fant/amp/

Drew Lock is a Denver Bronco. And they got him at No. 42 overall.

After a few drafts in which John Elway got overly anxious, which ultimately led to disappointing classes, he has done a fantastic job navigating the first and second rounds of the 2019 NFL Draft.

Heck, Lock was a trendy mock draft pick to the Broncos at No. 10 overall, and after a moving down, then up to get the Missouri quarterback in Round 2, they landed my No. 1 signal-caller in this class.

Lock is far from perfect. While his pocket presence improved in his senior season at Missouri, it could be better, and on occasion, he can be late on throws toward the boundary. But Lock has the best arm strength in the class, and is accurate to all levels of the field -- though his ball placement is better at the intermediate and downfield portions of the field than in the short areas.

He's plenty athletic and can make the off-schedule, outside-of-structure throws from a variety of arm angles. And I love his aggressiveness and willingness to zip tight-window throws even after an interception. With a year -- or at least half a season -- behind Joe Flacco, Lock will have time to fine-tune some aspects of his game. In a vertical-based system, Lock can be a dangerous, chunk-play based quarterback who can consistently place the ball into the bucket downfield and rip throws across the middle. Fantastic work by Elway and Co.
                                I would say that JE has done a great job with the past 2 drafts (last year and this one). Actually, he's gotten a lot of things right in most of the previous drafts. He just kept chasing a QB and that indeed led to some bad picks. But he did finally stop chasing these last 2 years and let the right scenario for getting a value QB come to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X