Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 NFL Draft... Let's Go Broncos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Everything 2019 NFL Draft... Let's Go Broncos

    We have been talking for months now and the time is here.
    Everyone has the person they want. Hopefully we can have another solid draft. Go Broncos!!!!!
    In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

  • #2
    I've been hearing and reading some very interesting things regarding the Broncos' draft strategy today and yesterday. I think Elway is either playing us all like a maestro or the Broncos' draft strategy is a complete mess. Consider the following:

    1) Many NFL insiders are reporting they are hearing Elway will "pass" on a QB (I have to pat myself on the back, that was a good pun). Elway (or someone) is apparently leaking info that we are not interested in a QB. Does this mean we really are interested in a QB?

    2) Elway indicated yesterday at his press conference (according to DMac on 104.3) that he had not had the time to meet with Fangio to discuss the draft strategy. This seems odd given the fact that I think we all assumed Elway would be targeting players (or avoiding them), especially linebackers and D-Linemen that would fit Fangio's system. Does this mean an LB is out of the question? Does this mean someone like Oliver is in play?

    3) With the recent Chris Harris trade demand, does this mean Elway could pull a stunner and pick a CB at #10? I think it's possible.

    4) With all the sudden uncertainty surrounding the defensive side of the ball, I'm also beginning to think an offensive player (non-QB) may be the pick. Dr. Hockenstein (the TE that's part monster, or so I hear) could be the pick. Could Elway have been knocking back a few cold ones with Munchak who has convinced him to pick an OL and overhaul our existing offensive line?

    5) Could a trade back be in the works to accumulate more picks this year or next?

    Elway is either playing this situation like a master chess player, or there is some serious chaos going on over at Dove Valley.

    Comment


    • #3
      Their board is up. Everything depends on the 1st 5 picks.
      In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

      Comment


      • #4
        Man I can hardly contain myself . I feel like a kid the day before Christmas. I think Draft day should be a holiday lol

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
          Man I can hardly contain myself . I feel like a kid the day before Christmas. I think Draft day should be a holiday lol
          Agreed everyone is off work draft day lol.
          In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

          Comment


          • #6
            If we come away with

            1) a young QB with a future

            2) a starter either on the OL or the DL

            3) ILB, CB, and WR depth.

            I will be pleased.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
              If we come away with

              1) a young QB with a future

              2) a starter either on the OL or the DL

              3) ILB, CB, and WR depth.

              I will be pleased.
              Tall wishlist but that will be very good.
              In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

              Comment


              • #8
                I get to coach little league baseball practice that day starting at 6:30 Central Time. What time do we think the number 10 pick will come up? May have to have the kids run 5 laps or something while I stream the draft from my phone.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I always take this week off for vacation. Love being a fan of football, not just the Broncos. We've all had our wish list out there for this years draft. I can't wait to see what unfolds and support the outcome !!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    “Make no mistake of it, the Washington Redskins are in the market for a QB. Sources have indicated Dwayne Haskins is their target despite multiple holes at several positions on this roster. I’m also told the Redskins Draft board is set.”

                    Apparently Raiders and Tampa are two teams to watch for to trade with Washington.

                    Fingers crossed that’s it’s Tampa so White could potentially fall.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                      “Make no mistake of it, the Washington Redskins are in the market for a QB. Sources have indicated Dwayne Haskins is their target despite multiple holes at several positions on this roster. I’m also told the Redskins Draft board is set.”

                      Apparently Raiders and Tampa are two teams to watch for to trade with Washington.

                      Fingers crossed that’s it’s Tampa so White could potentially fall.
                      I'm fairly confident that we wont take white if he is there at 10. Fangio has said that tackling is very important to his defense and that's Whites biggest issue. Not to mention Fangio came out and said that White is nowhere near as good as Roquan Smith who he took last draft

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I had a dream last night that we traded up to #3 and picked Kyler Murray after Arizona passed on him and took Nick Bosa (although my own personal mock has them taking Quinnen Williams).

                        I would be pretty happy with this honestly.
                        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Haskins at #10 is my dream scenario.

                          Would not be upset if we took Devin White, Ed Oliver, or even Devin Bush there (provided that Murray/Haskins are already taken).

                          Hockenson would not be a bad pick as he has future All-Pro written all over him, but I feel like the draft is deep with tight ends that we can afford to wait.

                          Taking Lock at #10 would make me sick for the next few months until he can prove himself in preseason or the regular season.
                          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                          Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
                            I'm fairly confident that we wont take white if he is there at 10. Fangio has said that tackling is very important to his defense and that's Whites biggest issue. Not to mention Fangio came out and said that White is nowhere near as good as Roquan Smith who he took last draft
                            He said they aren’t as good as Smith at this point. Of course he’s not going to say White is as good or better than a former player that’s already in league.

                            Tackling can be taught. The rest of his measurable cannot. I bet you they’d take him if he somehow falls to 10

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                              I had a dream last night that we traded up to #3 and picked Kyler Murray after Arizona passed on him and took Nick Bosa (although my own personal mock has them taking Quinnen Williams).

                              I would be pretty happy with this honestly.
                              I would order that Jersey before he walked off the stage.
                              In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X