Harris for Gerald McCoy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harris for Gerald McCoy?

Let me start by saying I do NOT want to trade Harris. I think this is a great defense WITH him in the secondary. Having said that, McCoy is at a stalemate with Tampa Bay and this could be a good swap for both teams if both teams can't reconcile with their players. They are both going to want new contracts. If anything I think Denver could maybe even squeeze a pick out of Tampa Bay, given that Harris is younger and will likely play a couple of more years. It makes Denver thin in the secondary, but putting McCoy up front with Gotsis, Wolfe, S. Harris, V. Miller and Chubb is downright scary.

To be honest, Harris is posturing. He’s coming off an injury going into a contract year. Yes, he’s an elite CB but on the wrong side of 30 and coming off a serious injury he has no real leverage. He can’t afford to sit out this year or next if tagged after taking a below average contract in his prime year for a big contract. He’s trying to force the little leverage he has but after nothing happening the past two days, no one is going to give fair market value for him which is what we at least want in return. He deserves what he’s asking for but that’s isn’t how renogiations work. Maybe with another team

Comment

Trade makes zero sense.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        To be honest, Harris is posturing. He’s coming off an injury going into a contract year. Yes, he’s an elite CB but on the wrong side of 30 and coming off a serious injury he has no real leverage. He can’t afford to sit out this year or next if tagged after taking a below average contract in his prime year for a big contract. He’s trying to force the little leverage he has but after nothing happening the past two days, no one is going to give fair market value for him which is what we at least want in return. He deserves what he’s asking for but that’s isn’t how renogiations work. Maybe with another team
        Agreed, Nobody is going to pay him 15 million a year that is the number that his agent came up with in order to negotiate.

John Elway will get this done I think Chris will be paid at least 12 million a year with some incentives but how long will the extension be for and how much guaranteed in order to make CHJ happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          Agreed, Nobody is going to pay him 15 million a year that is the number that his agent came up with in order to negotiate.

John Elway will get this done I think Chris will be paid at least 12 million a year with some incentives but how long will the extension be for and how much guaranteed in order to make CHJ happy.
          That's it right there. Agents always causing problems.

I hope this gets worked out and Harris remains a Denver Broncos or I'd be pissed!!!

Comment

Working...
          X