Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next Favre to Rodgers?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...vre-to-rodgers

There have been a handful of articles like the one above lately...comparing the Eli Manning/Daniel Jones situation to the Favre/Rodgers situation.

What about the Broncos QB situation?

Do you think it is more or less comparable to the one in Green Bay when Rodgers was backing up Favre?

Eli has two rings while Joe has one.

Eli is still on the same team he won those Super Bowls with, while Joe is with a new team.

Daniel Jones went higher in the draft than Drew Lock.

Still...Eli probably had less to do with the Giants last two rings than Joe had to do with the Ravens last Lombardi.

So, the situation the Giants have seems to be the one people are talking about right now in regard to a former Super Bowl MVP, and a high round understudy standing by. It will be interesting to see if it stays that way.

Neither situation is really comparable to the Favre/Rodgers dynamic.

People want to know why Eli hasn’t already been replaced by Sam Darnold, rather than having added Saquon Barkley.

There are probably plenty of people besides Broncos fans that are wondering why the Broncos even traded for Flacco instead of just drafting a rookie to build around.

Rodgers didn’t sit because he needed to develop into a starter. He sat because the starter was Brett Freaking Favre.
    You Mad Bro?

Comment

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...0&vt=0&eim=0,1

Comment

Daniel Jones will probably take over no later than his 2nd season. Rodgers didn't get his chance until his 4th season. Favre was still a good QB and showed that playing for Minnesota, I don't think Eli has much left in him, probably won't have any success with another team ... but nobody knows the future, we'll see.
        I don't see the comparison.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
          http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...vre-to-rodgers

There have been a handful of articles like the one above lately...comparing the Eli Manning/Daniel Jones situation to the Favre/Rodgers situation.

What about the Broncos QB situation?

Do you think it is more or less comparable to the one in Green Bay when Rodgers was backing up Favre?

Eli has two rings while Joe has one.

Eli is still on the same team he won those Super Bowls with, while Joe is with a new team.

Daniel Jones went higher in the draft than Drew Lock.

Still...Eli probably had less to do with the Giants last two rings than Joe had to do with the Ravens last Lombardi.

So, the situation the Giants have seems to be the one people are talking about right now in regard to a former Super Bowl MVP, and a high round understudy standing by. It will be interesting to see if it stays that way.
          there is no gaurentee that Eli or Flacco makes the HOF. when it is all said and done no way Favre doesn't end up in the hof. neither of them have the caliber of play or have been as good as favre was. Favre was a franchise QB, while at best Eli and Flacco are QBs who are good, but not elite. they are not the Type of QB that will carry your team. they wont per say hurt it. but neither of them have proven that can carry a team. Favre is completely Superior to Eli and Flacc.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            Neither situation is really comparable to the Favre/Rodgers dynamic.

People want to know why Eli hasn’t already been replaced by Sam Darnold, rather than having added Saquon Barkley.

There are probably plenty of people besides Broncos fans that are wondering why the Broncos even traded for Flacco instead of just drafting a rookie to build around.

Rodgers didn’t sit because he needed to develop into a starter. He sat because the starter was Brett Freaking Favre.
            Well said..

Comment

To me our situation is more like a Jake Plummer/Jay Cutler thing just going by all four of the QB's involved.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                To me our situation is more like a Jake Plummer/Jay Cutler thing just going by all four of the QB's involved.
                This^^^^^.
                I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                  Well the Plummer to Flacco I get

I am really hoping that Lock turns out a whole lot better than Cutler though
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post

I think Cutler/Lock have very similar skill sets. Lock seems to have a better personality though.

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post

i have hear Lock described as cutler with out a headcase personality and better work ethic. if it is true i think he is a franchise QB. Cutler had the talent. he just cared more about money and partying then being sucessful
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Nah Favre to Rodgers would’ve been Haskins to Flacco, but for some odd reason we passed
                        -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Working...
                        X