Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going Back in Time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    We should have hired a young offensive mind and Chuck Pagano as DC. Signed a ILB

    Comment


    • #17
      I don't think people realize that full rebuilds take a lot of time and aren't guaranteed to work. When you ditch all your veterans from a locker room and replace them with young guys you miss a lot of what makes a team a team. Older vets who can still play can show younger guys how to prepare, how to be a pro, how to win. When you do what Miami does, it sounds really nice that they have so many draft picks and so much cap space next season. At some point that cap space has to be used, and they will have to overpay veterans who otherwise don't want to show up to a losing team, and who don't know the lockerroom chemistry.

      CHJ, Von, and Wolfe have been huge pieces for us on defense. Draft picks don't always and everywhere pan out. A team that learns how to win together and misses out on a couple mid-round picks is in much better shape the next season than a team that full tanks and has 9 picks instead of 7 in the next draft.
      A book I wrote

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CTM View Post
        I don't think people realize that full rebuilds take a lot of time and aren't guaranteed to work. When you ditch all your veterans from a locker room and replace them with young guys you miss a lot of what makes a team a team. Older vets who can still play can show younger guys how to prepare, how to be a pro, how to win. When you do what Miami does, it sounds really nice that they have so many draft picks and so much cap space next season. At some point that cap space has to be used, and they will have to overpay veterans who otherwise don't want to show up to a losing team, and who don't know the lockerroom chemistry.

        CHJ, Von, and Wolfe have been huge pieces for us on defense. Draft picks don't always and everywhere pan out. A team that learns how to win together and misses out on a couple mid-round picks is in much better shape the next season than a team that full tanks and has 9 picks instead of 7 in the next draft.
        That's where weve struggled most. When we lost our leadership in the lockerrom we expect next man up. However, Harris and Miller do not have the same qualities in leadership that a Ward or Ware had and we didnt have anyone to step up for Trevathan. Talib became the dominant personality on D and the team took on his personality without a players coach allowing them to set a tone.

        We are a team that struggles with its identity. We have players constantly out of position, players missing tackles and rarely anyone to help when it happens. Weve lost our C who was the dominant personality on the O line and we see a lot of struggles because the lack of on field leadership doesn't push them. Fangio does a lot of yelling on the sidelines but without the players to help out it goes in and out the ears of the players.

        You can draft leadership but without the experience it becomes hard for them to lead. We made an effort to get that leadership through FA in the SB run and that is why it was successful. We did not have the quality then and we do not now
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

        Comment


        • #19
          I think I would have used the money for Kareem Jackson elsewhere.

          I also would have not used the 2nd round pick on Drew Lock.

          Dexter Lawrence at #10 would have helped massively inside.
          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
          Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

          Comment


          • #20
            I would have liked to have D.Bush @ 10 however I think Fant will blossom into a really good TE. If we go Bush @ 10 we dont get Risner and Lock in 2nd . I believe we have 3 players who will be assets to this team. We need to build a strong line on both sides to support Lock .

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
              I would have liked to have D.Bush @ 10 however I think Fant will blossom into a really good TE. If we go Bush @ 10 we dont get Risner and Lock in 2nd . I believe we have 3 players who will be assets to this team. We need to build a strong line on both sides to support Lock .
              The funny thing was if Bush went to Tampa and White had fell we would of grabbed White. Which shows we were interested in an elite ILB but only 1 of them. However, we used the picks from Pitt to have the extra 2nd and then traded up Lock
              Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-01-2019, 04:28 PM.
              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

              Comment


              • #22
                with all our second second round pick I would have taken Zach Allen and picked up Jared Stidham later in the draft. I would have also taken undrafted free agents Benzschawel OG and TE Parham out of Stetson. One of the wide receivers from Ohio State Campbell or McLaurin would have been nice.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  Elway did spend the off-season building up the line. Signed James and drafted Risner. Nobody can blame him for sticking with Bolles. By signing munchak he was supposed to rework his poor mechanics. It's clear bolles is uncoachable and we need to look for his replacement now.
                  True story. Wish we could trade for Cody Ford of Buffalo.
                  [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                  Adopted player Lindsey

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                    The funny thing was if Bush went to Tampa and White had fell we would of grabbed White. Which shows we were interested in an elite ILB but only 1 of them. However, we used the picks from Pitt to have the extra 2nd and then traded up Lock
                    Just out of curiosity JosheCalpoly, how do you know this for fact?
                    New England Patriots GM

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                      Just out of curiosity JosheCalpoly, how do you know this for fact?
                      Well they were going to take Bush if they were forced to pick there. I think it was cbssports who reported this when they drafted Fant. So if White was above Bush on the board then it’s likely they would’ve took him there, but that would likely mean we take Lock and don’t get Risner

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I'll fast forward the present time and answer it then.

                        In 2020 we should have solidified the OL and drafted:
                        (Fanspeak/User voted)

                        R1 OT Andrew Thomas, Georgia
                        R2 OG/C Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin
                        R3 OG/C Darryl Williams, Mississippi State
                        R3 OT/G Calvin Throckmorton, Oregon
                        R4 OG Jon Runyan, Michigan
                        R5 OT/G Scott Frantz, Kansas State

                        OL Depth
                        Thomas / Bolles
                        Risner / Williams
                        Biadasz / Williams
                        Runyan / Frantz
                        James or Throckmorton

                        (Leary released)

                        Overkill...yes!
                        However, the OL would be set for years under Lock and Lindsay.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          Well they were going to take Bush if they were forced to pick there. I think it was cbssports who reported this when they drafted Fant. So if White was above Bush on the board then it’s likely they would’ve took him there, but that would likely mean we take Lock and don’t get Risner
                          It was widely reported, but yes several reports did say we would of drafted Bush if we couldn't drop back. Pitt was reported before the draft trying to find a way to trade up and likely to do so for Bush, which is what happened so we made our move. White was reported top their draft board by a few outlets (though not sure where Bush was), and we reportedly were high on Reddick in 2017, but it does not seem the ILB of our choosing falls to us when we want them.

                          However, I am glad we got Risner, our D scheme requires a lot more help inside then we have (everywhere on the field) but I really like how this kid plays so in the end I happy we traded back.
                          Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-09-2019, 05:40 PM.
                          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Ray Bradbury over Noah fant would have been nice
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                              I'll fast forward the present time and answer it then.

                              In 2020 we should have solidified the OL and drafted:
                              (Fanspeak/User voted)

                              R1 OT Andrew Thomas, Georgia
                              R2 OG/C Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin
                              R3 OG/C Darryl Williams, Mississippi State
                              R3 OT/G Calvin Throckmorton, Oregon
                              R4 OG Jon Runyan, Michigan
                              R5 OT/G Scott Frantz, Kansas State

                              OL Depth
                              Thomas / Bolles
                              Risner / Williams
                              Biadasz / Williams
                              Runyan / Frantz
                              James or Throckmorton

                              (Leary released)

                              Overkill...yes!
                              However, the OL would be set for years under Lock and Lindsay.
                              👌🏼
                              We’d have a problem in the future with contracts then. Lol

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by DN1218 View Post
                                ����
                                We’d have a problem in the future with contracts then. Lol
                                Not unless we have a GM who is effective at cap management and plans for it.

                                I'd like to think Elway is said GM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X