X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Clutch what game is you watch trevor look like crap most of the night. Had it not been for stupid penalties to help aid Clemson drive his stats would look worse. That game is more of what this state gave him rather than what he did.

That last int was all fields wr fault. He broke his route and he didn't have.

But it's your opinion that's cool. But I didnt see the game you did.
    I actually agree with you on this one. Didn't know what you saw in Tyree Jackson, and I was dead wrong about thinking you were wrong about Lamar. Makes me sound like an Ohio State homer, but believe me when I say that I tried to be as skeptically objective about Fields as possible. Fields and Lawrence are practically dead even to me right now. Given the fact that Fields has one year as a starter vs Lawrence having played two, it could go either way for me next year (even though Fields IS a few months older than Lawrence).

But I fully agree with you about the clutch thing and the interception. That wasn't on Fields, and he showed clutch on the 4th down throw into the endzone. He showed clutch all night, really. Like you said, Lawrence wasn't doing much until he got that targeting call, and started having success running out of the pocket. It was a fantastic call by Ohio State, and fooled Lawrence, but the guy bailed him out by lowering his head. I think Fields has the better receivers overall than Lawrence does, and Fields was greatly aided by success in the running game, but Lawrence's stats got a supreme makeover from Etienne's ability to run after the catch. Ohio State attacked Clemson's defense with the passing game to set up Dobbins. Fields did well in that regard. They just failed to score in the red zone, and you could say some of that is on Fields, but definitely not all of it.

Lawrence showed a lot late in the game though, and if I HAD to pick one right now, it'd probably be Lawrence. I just think Ohio State has a better team than Clemson does, and Lawrence had to show a ton of poise to overcome that and a 16 point deficit. He had to be their running back and their quarterback. Don't know if I'll feel the same way after next year though.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    You look to see if a QB improves year after year and looking at Trevor’s numbers you will see the improvement across the board. Completion percentage up from 65.2 to 67.5. Yards are up two hundred more and that’s with one less game. Y/a is up almost a yard and has more TDs thrown this year. His QBR went up 16 points to 173.2. Only knock is his 8 ints compared to 4 last year. However, his last throw int was in Oct. He start off not so great but and overcome that and turned it into a better season.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_In_Ohio
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    And an absolutely brutal pick to end it. That's the difference between the two QBs right now, Lawrence has that championship pedigree and Fields has yet to develop his clutch. But he'll have another season to develop that.
    That pick is not on Fields at all. The WR Chris Olave said he thought Fields was scrambling and broke his route off. If he runs the correct route it’s probably a td.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Clutch, like the first TD throw. Clutch like the 67 yard TD run. Clutch like the final drive...

But yeah, other than that you're right...it's your opinion, that's cool...
    Aided clutch ok I got you

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Clutch what game is you watch trevor look like crap most of the night. Had it not been for stupid penalties to help aid Clemson drive his stats would look worse. That game is more of what this state gave him rather than what he did.

That last int was all fields wr fault. He broke his route and he didn't have.

But it's your opinion that's cool. But I didnt see the game you did.
    Clutch, like the first TD throw. Clutch like the 67 yard TD run. Clutch like the final drive...

But yeah, other than that you're right...it's your opinion, that's cool...

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    I meant that its being played in the big easy. Thats a strait home game for LSU
    I gathered that, I just meant that while it will be a true road game for them, they won't be dealing with the nerves like LSU likely will. So that could equalize the home field advantage.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Who wouldn't want Burrow??? The guy is killing it in a pro style offense.

Honestly I think Lock is going to cement himself as our starter here but IF he stumbles and gives Elway doubt either one would be excellent to have. I have to give Fields the edge, he just seems more cool under pressure

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    For the record I would take borrow over both fields and Lawrence in a heart beat.
    I agree . I'd go Burrow , Fields and Lawrence

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    It was so late I start mixing up the games. It will be interesting to see if Clemson can slow down LSU’s offense - I doubt it but you never know.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Fields and Lawrence are both amazing to watch. I would think they both have bright futures.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    For the record I would take borrow over both fields and Lawrence in a heart beat.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Great game between Clemson and Ohio State. The targeting penalty was correct and definitely a turning point, giving Clemson a first down and disqualification of one of Ohio State’s best defenders. The reversed call on the incomplete call could have gone either way. I knew it would be ruled an incomplete pass. Ohio State had opportunities to win with multiple red zone trips resulting in field goals, such as Dobbins failure to maintain the catch to the ground. Ohio State has the opportunity to stop Clemson on the last drive. The play call was brilliant to setup the pass off the fake run by Lawrence - the play was there because of the previous runs. Clemson had the experience from being on the big stage. What an amazing game.
    Very fair assessment. However that was and interception. That man took like three steps. Clemson was getting calls their way all not. Yes ohio stated made some bonehead plays to give Clemson offense life.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I still take Fields as the better prospect. Lawrence had an entire officiating crew on his side and was given numerous extra chances. Either way these 2 guys are gonna go 1-2 next year in the draft.
    I agree. I'm not saying Lawrence is not a good qb...I think fields is better and i have also stated when it come to fields I'm bias bc i meet met him a couple of times and went to some of his games.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Great game between Clemson and Ohio State. The targeting penalty was correct and definitely a turning point, giving Clemson a first down and disqualification of one of Ohio State’s best defenders. The reversed call on the incomplete call could have gone either way. I knew it would be ruled an incomplete pass. Ohio State had opportunities to win with multiple red zone trips resulting in field goals, such as Dobbins failure to maintain the catch to the ground. Ohio State has the opportunity to stop Clemson on the last drive. The play call was brilliant to setup the pass off the fake run by Lawrence - the play was there because of the previous runs. Clemson had the experience from being on the big stage. What an amazing game.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Ear has 2 qbs to compare....lets see which one he will favor...oh yea....lol

So the fact that lawrence was getting rocked by ohio st. Defensive Line every play had nothing to do with his stat line? Or his receivers dropping like flies?

Fields had a decent game. His receiver did him no justice there at the end. But to say that fields actual gameplay was only about his end stat line is blind.

Those clutch plays were set up by atupid obvious ohio stste penalties , agreed. But someone still had to make them...and yet that doesnt support your narrative so you will ignore those of course....
    No different from the rest of the board will favor...hmmmm I wonder who that was. If you consider that clutch ok fine. We look at clutch differently and that's cool.

Drop balls are you kidding me. As if fields rb didnt drop 2 balls that he could have walked into the endzone. Man stop

I also stated that BOTH have not chance vs LSU playing the way they did but oh right you ignore that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X