Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

an early look at the 2020 QB class

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • an early look at the 2020 QB class

    i hear people saying this class isn't loaded and it makes me want to explain why it is. i feel this is one of the most talented QB class i have ever seen. it may end up setting a record for first round QBs. like 2021 i have 2 that are really standing a head of the pack, but this one i think there are probably 5 first round draft picks maybe 6


    1. Tua Tagovailoa
    i think this kid is special. he may be on a dominate roster but i really like him as a leader and personality aspects. i think from those this is the type of kid i want to build a franchise about. sense high school has he been first in. he check marks all the things you would ever want for arm talent from a QB. can make every throw with Ease and runs a 4.5-4.6 so is a good enough athlete to escape and make more plays.

    2. Jake Fromm
    he has not showed to be much more then a game manager in college he will have to step up for the team to be legit national championship contenders. his arm checks off every mark you would ever want. and he is getting better that ND game this last week when he needed a play he made it. they won because of that. this is a another guy i really like from the interviews with social media to what i hear about him. he is much like tua first in last out. trying to lead by example and his personality is another A+. he is the type of kid you gravitate towards. he has not been ask to much at Georgia but they don't need him to do much. they have a nasty d and probably the best RB from a nfl prospective coming up in Swift let the kid use him weapons. if he can be a game manager who can make the big play when needed then he will for sure be my number two.

    3. Joe Burrow

    this guy came out of really no where to explode with great week after great week, right now he is probably the heismen favorite. he is running an NFL in lsu under Joe Brady. he looks great doing also, has exploded on the scene as one of the best QB in college Football. he has been making great throws and probably worked his way up to competing for top 10. especially if continues like this. what he has done at lsu so far has been special

    4. Justin Herbert
    his stat line looks great 10 td 0 ints. and he has been good but i don't know as much about him as do Tua or Fromm. he also seems to not the best against the best opponents and he looked kinda meh against auburn. he still looks like a good NFL QB. to me he is the biggest boom or bust from this group. has good size at 6'6 238. he is a very good athlete probably will clock in at 4.6 combine, has escapibility. doesn't seem to fair the best with constant pressure though.

    5. Jacob Eason
    this kid was the top QB prospect of his class. got injuries then beaten out by Fromm. then he transferred to Washington where is now starting. he has looked good most games. he is the most of a pocket passer so far i see in the class. i think Fromm has a bit more athletic ability then Eason. the thing with Eason is he throws a beautiful ball. has been making NFL level throws. his game against BYU had some throws you watch and you are like ya this is nfl throw and nfl QB.

    6. Jamie Newman
    this kid is making wake forest Relevant in the ACC for the first time in a long time. last year he was starting but he looked more like an athlete playing QB. this year he is running less throwing more. his throwing and arm is looking great. he can make every throw you want your QB to make. and is a dark horse in the heisman. oh i did say last year he looked more Like an Athlete. think a 6'4 230 pound kid who runs like Cam NEwton and you have Newman. i feel he compares really favorable to what people are calling a QB 2.0 and could sneak him self in the back end of the first round especially with a low 4.5 to high 4.4 40 yard.

    and thats why i think this class is special at QB. there are 6 guys on my radar as potential franchise QBs and that doesn't happen often.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  • #2
    To me it's like most years . We talk about the QBs coming out and how special they are only to start discussing the next years prospects by the end of training camp.

    Comment


    • #3
      Fields over every one of these guys, I would rather wait until 2021

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
        Fields over every one of these guys, I would rather wait until 2021
        But then next year it’ll be player X and so on and so forth. I don’t think we should take a QB before seeing what we have in Lock but if your QB is there you have to get him at all costs.
        Last edited by beastlyskronk; 09-30-2019, 03:29 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          But then next year it’ll be player X and so on and so forth. I don’t think we should take a QB before seeing what we have in Lock but if your QB is there you have to get him at all costs.
          I think we have more problems then QB. I am not a fan of Lock but I would rather make sure we had a team built around a young QB rather then continuously trying to find the next guy. There are certain QBs I wouldn't mind but I would rather fix the O line and build back up the D

          Lock is considered a introvert and we may have a lack of leadership from him. However, it is evident since we lost Ware Ward and Trevathan the D lacks the leadership it needs.
          Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-01-2019, 12:30 PM.
          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
            I think we have more problems then QB. I am not a fan of Lock but I would rather make sure we had a team built around a young QB rather then continuously trying to find the next guy. There are certain QBs I wouldn't mind but I would rather fix the O line and build back up the D

            Lock is considered a introvert and we may have a lack of leadership from him. However, it is evident since we lost Ware Ward and Trevathan the D lacks the leadership it needs.
            Well as far as leadership goes anything is better than Flacco staring off into space on the sidelines. I don’t think Lock will struggle i the leadership aspect, he’s definitely been much better at being vocal than I thought he would. The Eli/Cutler baby comparisons were blown out of proportion IMO

            Comment


            • #7
              I say Lock is gonna be our Qb of the future .

              Comment


              • #8
                I hope with all the bones in my body that Drew Lock is serviceable at the very least as an NFL starter for us.

                Preseason showed that Lock has some flashes of potential. He has a live arm, but that’s always been known. I will give him another full offseason before passing judgment on him as he was a bit slow to process defenses and still looked like he was trying to get comfortable with the Scangarello offense.

                It never seemed like he had the “it” factor at Missouri, although he was productive. Perhaps he had a lack of talent around him in the ruthless SEC.
                2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am liking some of the improvement I have seen from Nate Stanley, he is a climber to keep your eyes on by seasons end. As far as other guys go, I haven't got around to watching them play as of yet, but I heard that Justin Herbert has been struggling ? I liked what I seen in spots from him a year ago, and am interested to get to watching him play this year. I will be interested to see where we pick, because quarterback is definitely not off the table with Lock being a second round pick.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                    I hope with all the bones in my body that Drew Lock is serviceable at the very least as an NFL starter for us.

                    Preseason showed that Lock has some flashes of potential. He has a live arm, but that’s always been known. I will give him another full offseason before passing judgment on him as he was a bit slow to process defenses and still looked like he was trying to get comfortable with the Scangarello offense.

                    It never seemed like he had the “it” factor at Missouri, although he was productive. Perhaps he had a lack of talent around him in the ruthless SEC.
                    His best line was probably his freshman year and he had 2 receivers that were worth drafting but besides that no he did not have a ton of talent around him. Its the main reason his stock was as high as it was going into his senior year.
                    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                      His best line was probably his freshman year and he had 2 receivers that were worth drafting but besides that no he did not have a ton of talent around him. Its the main reason his stock was as high as it was going into his senior year.
                      Mizzou is probably one of the least talented school in the sec
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This year honestly is the best Qb group to come out in some time. There are some really good college FB QBs right now. Now which ones come out and declare I don’t know. But we know for sure Tua And Herbert. That kid from LSU is tearing it up. Texas QB is the real deal. I’m not to big on Fromm. Think he’s overrated. Washington States Gordon might be the best natural thrower of all of them.
                        Last edited by Montoya; 10-02-2019, 12:58 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just went and watched Justin Herbert against Auburn, I wasn't overly impressed. Herbert made 3 nice throws throughout the game into tight windows, but majority of completions were pre-meditated route combinations, designed moving pocket passing plays into the flats, and a lot of screens. It's going to be annoying trying to break down Herbert in his offense this season.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Jordan Love Utah State should be on this list as well. He has dropped from the rankings after a rough week 1 vs Wake Forest, but Loves biggest game will be this Sat at LSU.

                            Last year's conference POY has really good accuracy, mobility and is not afraid to give his guy a shot. Drew Lock is a pretty good comparison.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X