No announcement yet.

Joe Burrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's obvious we can't get JB but I sure wish Elway & Co would look closely at those two teams who played last night for the draft. We seem to always not get many players from the SEC ....which is the strongest conference in my mind

Comment

I was on the Joe Burrow train for a while.

I’m off the train though.

Lock makes it pretty easy to get off that train.

However, the Bengals better be certain Burrow is the guy.

I heard a report that the height of Burrow’s football dreams, growing up, was to win a national championship.

He says the NFL has become his dream, but whoever drafts him better be certain that won’t change once he gets a bit of money and celebrity treatment.
      You're Wrong!
      Recognize That You're Wrong!
      Move On

Comment

I can see a few teams trying to trade with The Bengals to land Burrow. It would take a lot, that high up, and because Cinci needs a QB. But he looked so good, and this was my first viewing of the kid, for a championship. Great arm, vision, and ability to move.

Not sure it's every kid's wish to end up with The Bengals these days. Seem to be a yearly mess of some sort.

Comment

IMO, The Bengals would be stupid to do anything but draft this kid and spend the rest of their money and draft on a line and WRs. Let the defense eventually work itself out. Give him a blockers and playmakers to go with Mixon. The next 5-10 years will be a fun time for Bengals fans

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
            IMO, The Bengals would be stupid to do anything but draft this kid and spend the rest of their money and draft on a line and WRs. Let the defense eventually work itself out. Give him a blockers and playmakers to go with Mixon. The next 5-10 years will be a fun time for Bengals fans
            I can not see a downside with drafting this player. Could make them respectable again.

Comment

Obviously, Burrow has the talent. What I like about him, is how he handled this year. He made huge strides with a new offensive coordinator. He's a guy his teammates love, respect and want to play for, and, during his Heisman speech, we saw how emotional he got when talking about Ed Orgeron and what he meant to him, even, light-heartedly, lobbying for LSU to give Orgeron lifetime contract. And when the stakes were high, he stepped up, big time. Yes, LSU has a lot of talent, but let's not forget that until Burrow, they never made it to the college playoffs, despite yielding NFL talent players over the last several years. I think this young man has the right mental makeup to be a franchise QB.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
                Tyler Boyd is really good. They don't need we as much as they need oline. There oline is worst then ours. It has been trash the last few years. The would be stupid not to address it with a rookie qb
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Not sure it's every kid's wish to end up with The Bengals these days. Seem to be a yearly mess of some sort.
                  I really hate to see my boy Burrow end up a Bengal. Their organization is a never ending dumpster fire of some sort or another and I can imagine him struggling with a mediocre team and coaching staff around him. Hopefully a decent team will trade up and he can work his way into the NFL elite some day - just don't see it happening in Cincy.
                  "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                  PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                  LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    I can see a few teams trying to trade with The Bengals to land Burrow. It would take a lot, that high up, and because Cinci needs a QB. But he looked so good, and this was my first viewing of the kid, for a championship. Great arm, vision, and ability to move.

Notonly do they need a QB but the best one available is from Ohio and is the son of a coach. This kid is the dream draft pick for the Bengals. And because of that I'm not sure there's a price they'd accept for the draft pick. And if there is a price, would it cripple the other team to pay it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      Notonly do they need a QB but the best one available is from Ohio and is the son of a coach
                      Maybe Burrow will refuse to play for the Bengals and we can trade up for the son of a coach...worked out pretty well for us back in '83
                      Last edited by Dennis.1960; 01-14-2020, 04:18 PM.
                      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                        Maybe Burrow will refuse to play for the Bengals and we can trade up for the son of a coach...worked out pretty well for us back in '83
                        If he does I imagine it would be Carolina with a package of Cam and picks to swap. Joe Brady will be their OC.
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                          i don't see it. he seems like the type of young man that would get drafted to terrible take as a challenge to rebuild that team.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                            i don't see it. he seems like the type of young man that would get drafted to terrible take as a challenge to rebuild that team.
                            Especially since he'll be the hometown (or home state) hero.

Comment

• Adopted Poster
                              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Adopted Poster
                                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Working...
                                X