Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Half way through the season early mock draft.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by MHOC View Post
    As of today Tankathon has us taking...

    9. Brown DT Auburn

    http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft
    Let's hope tankathon stays far away from the war room on draft day. This would be a huge mistake IMO

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
      Love the picks but I'm in agreement with the others about another veteran bridge Qb. I would have preferred Teddy over Flacco this year for sure.
      But at 26 he really isn’t your typical bridge QB. He was improving in Minnesota before the horrific knee injury, he’s been in the playoffs, and he played at a pretty good level when replacing Brees this season. Of course he was playing in an amazing scheme with arguably the best WR and dual threat RB in the league with a great oline so he absolutely could be fools gold.

      But I have to think he’s learned a lot in that system and still has all the tools you look for in a QB. And just like I said last season and the season before when I wanted him, he’s young enough to be a franchise QB and he will still likely be far cheaper than your typical high profile QB, definitely less than Flacco.

      Alas Flacco and his contract will stop us from pouring money into the position IMO. I still think he gets cut and while the rollover will offset the dead cap for the most part, I just don’t think we’re going to invest more money there while we have Lock on the roster.

      Comment


      • #18
        I don't know if Derrick Brown is exactly a scheme fit at NT. I like Purcell so far, but I don't think he's gonna consistently play up to the "Eddie Goldman" role in Vic Fangio's defense. I do hope that I am wrong, though. With that being said, investing in the trenches should be a huge focus for our FO this offseason.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
          I don't know if Derrick Brown is exactly a scheme fit at NT. I like Purcell so far, but I don't think he's gonna consistently play up to the "Eddie Goldman" role in Vic Fangio's defense. I do hope that I am wrong, though. With that being said, investing in the trenches should be a huge focus for our FO this offseason.
          he could potentially be a good fit at DE though. Fangio likes big DE with a bit of pass rushing. he had Akiem hicks at DE most of the season could brown fit in there?
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            he could potentially be a good fit at DE though. Fangio likes big DE with a bit of pass rushing. he had Akiem hicks at DE most of the season could brown fit in there?
            At 6’5” 318 lbs, he may be asked to lose some weight to play as the 3-4 DE. He’s got plenty of athleticism and quickness to do so. I think he possibly could. And it would suddenly be a big need if we lose Wolfe/Shelby Harris in the offseason.

            Comment


            • #21
              Tankathon updates their player rankings... Brown fell to 12.
              At 9 Denver takes...... CeeDee Lamb WR

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                At 6’5” 318 lbs, he may be asked to lose some weight to play as the 3-4 DE. He’s got plenty of athleticism and quickness to do so. I think he possibly could. And it would suddenly be a big need if we lose Wolfe/Shelby Harris in the offseason.
                akiem Hicks played DE for Fangio at 6'4 324ish. he is technically listed at 352 but i am not sure he is that big. but he was a huge DE in fangios scheme. how do you think Brooks Compares to him
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                  Tankathon updates their player rankings... Brown fell to 12.
                  At 9 Denver takes...... CeeDee Lamb WR
                  Say we lose out on both Tackles. And we cant trade back and Lamb is there, HELL YES.
                  I need more Oline, please and thank you

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
                    Say we lose out on both Tackles. And we cant trade back and Lamb is there, HELL YES.
                    i think there are three tackles worth a top ten pick i would go over Lamb, Thomas, Wirfs and LEatherwood all look like legit top ten tackle prospects.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Love the gladney pick!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                        i think there are three tackles worth a top ten pick i would go over Lamb, Thomas, Wirfs and LEatherwood all look like legit top ten tackle prospects.
                        Thomas and Wirfs absolutely. But im not sold that Leatherwood isnt a RT or G. If we lost out on the top 2 then im all for a trade back into the mid 1st, pick up another 2nd and then take Leatherwood
                        I need more Oline, please and thank you

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Does Bridgewater become a free agent? His contract has no years remaining after this year (the two remaining years are both automatically voided years and contain base salaries of $0) but neither does Brees. Bridgewater played well in relief of Brees, and with Brees also out of contract and at an age of 41, I'm not sure the Saints let Bridgewater walk away.

                          Although if he is a free agent (and the Broncos decide to sign another veteran) it could be a bit of a depressed market for QBs (Newton, Winston, Mariota, Brady, Brees, Bridgewater, Rivers are all currently slated to become free agents) so they might be able to sign him for cheaper than we would expect.

                          I wanted Bridgewater two years ago, so I wouldn't be upset, but I'm not sure that's the road the Broncos will go down.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
                            Thomas and Wirfs absolutely. But im not sold that Leatherwood isnt a RT or G. If we lost out on the top 2 then im all for a trade back into the mid 1st, pick up another 2nd and then take Leatherwood
                            Like every year, I think DEN should heavily invest in OL.

                            Here are some midround options:
                            Walker Little OT Stanford
                            Scott Frantz T/G Kansas State
                            Jon Runyan T/G Michigan
                            Ben Bredeson OG Michigan
                            Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                              Like every year, I think DEN should heavily invest in OL.

                              Here are some midround options:
                              Walker Little OT Stanford
                              Scott Frantz T/G Kansas State
                              Jon Runyan T/G Michigan
                              Ben Bredeson OG Michigan
                              Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia
                              This is the least analytical comment I’ll ever make on this board, but with a name like Jon Runyan, there’s no way he plays less than 12 seasons in the NFL.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                                This is the least analytical comment I’ll ever make on this board, but with a name like Jon Runyan, there’s no way he plays less than 12 seasons in the NFL.
                                His daddy played 14 Seasons.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X