Offseason Needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I am holding firm on CB being our biggest need. Whether it's a free agent or draft pick we desperately need a replacement for Harris after he walks.
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    After watching Bolles commit more stupid penalties, and have no understanding of the rules in another bad season for him, I still stand firm on the offensive line and left tackle being priority one, followed closely by cornerback.
    I agreewith both....but we are forgetting the thing thst killed us this game along with thr last 5 years....TEs and Rbs......in walks...ISAIAH SIMMONS!!!!
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

OL, ILB, CB, WR in that order. I. Simmons or H. Ruggs in the draft would be amazing and try and get OL and Cb through Free Agency and back end of then draft
      sigpic

Comment

CB, OL, WR.

I think right now there are 7 or 8 WR projected to go in the first round so we may have to look at one of those guys. Getting someone to replace Bolles has to be a very high priority. I'm assuming Harris is walking in FA which will leave us very thin at corner. Missing Callahan this year hurt and I wouldn't count on him being a reliable option for us moving forward. Can't seem to get and stay healthy.

Kind of excited because we won't have our usual scramble to overpay an aging/mediocre QB option. Giving Lock weapons and protection will only benefit his development. I think Fangio with a full offseason to evaluate the defense will make it even better next year especially with Chubb hopefully returning to form off the injury. We have needs, but I don't think we're far off from getting back to the post season. Remember we lost 2 games on last minute FG drives that had dubious penalties against us.
        A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
          CB, OL, WR.

I think right now there are 7 or 8 WR projected to go in the first round so we may have to look at one of those guys. Getting someone to replace Bolles has to be a very high priority. I'm assuming Harris is walking in FA which will leave us very thin at corner. Missing Callahan this year hurt and I wouldn't count on him being a reliable option for us moving forward. Can't seem to get and stay healthy.

Kind of excited because we won't have our usual scramble to overpay an aging/mediocre QB option. Giving Lock weapons and protection will only benefit his development. I think Fangio with a full offseason to evaluate the defense will make it even better next year especially with Chubb hopefully returning to form off the injury. We have needs, but I don't think we're far off from getting back to the post season. Remember we lost 2 games on last minute FG drives that had dubious penalties against us.
          There might be 7-8 WRs with first round grades (I don't know, but it's said it's a deep draft at WR) but there's no way a quarter of the league is drafting WR in the first round. It would be great if they did though, because there would be some very good players falling to round 2.

Comment

Here is some good news

Rodney Hudson has allowed 54 pressures in his career

Matt Paradis has allowed 47 pressures this season https://t.co/EIvHjOdGov

I get it sucks James didn't play this year, but the evaluation for OL has turned the corner IMO with Munchak in the fold.
            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
              Here is some good news

Rodney Hudson has allowed 54 pressures in his career

Matt Paradis has allowed 47 pressures this season https://t.co/EIvHjOdGov

I get it sucks James didn't play this year, but the evaluation for OL has turned the corner IMO with Munchak in the fold.
              Matt Paradis, the Pro Football Focus best rated center for how many years ? Very glad we didn't overpay that severely overrated fan favourite.

Comment

This is going to be a very intriguing off-season. We finally know who our QB is going to be going into the next season. The defense has holes and the offense has holes. I truly don't think we'll trade up considering the amount of help we still need. A trade down seems unlikely as well considering we need that blue chip talent that could potentially fall to us.

I think we stay right where we are and just take best player available. Whether it's an OT or a WR or a CB or DL??? We could use all of them making that 1st pick really interesting. I can't wait for the draft and free agency to see what direction Elway leads us...

Comment

Re-sign:
                  1. Justin Simmons
                  2. Shelby Harris

Sign:
                  1. Jack Conklin
                  2. Byron Jones

Draft:
                  1. BPA
                  2. BPA
                  3. BPA
                  3. BPA