Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colin Kaepernick

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    So yes, you are referring to me and the article I posted, re: the waiver? I'll wait for awhile for you to respond. (I'm out shopping, will check in later).

    I am referring to the post.... and people in general......
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Was there a valid reason my post got deleted?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
        Was there a valid reason my post got deleted?
        If you have a question about a mod action, please PM one of us or start a thread in the Community Issues forum. Thanks.
        Administrator
        sigpic

        #LupusAwareness

        #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

        "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/the...044606049.html

          In my continued reading about this situation, I came across this article, about The NFL's waiver. Feel free to poke holes re: this article, that's how we learn together. I am not a lawyer (but hang tough, cuz I could still study to be one!), so I am completely open to a critique...…………….
          Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
          So you watched ESPN and are reciting one reported opinion based on...I talked to a guy who told me....

          On the same show, a reporter I detest, SAS, rebutted later...and brought in a copy of the mystery contract and read it out loud where a paragraph was added about this having no bearing on employment promises...

          And that’s the whole mystery contract...

          And a copy without that paragraph Kaep signed previously... so the rest should be fine.....right?


          People gonna see what they wanna see...

          A lot of people like conspiracy theories,,, like to believe in the big Boggyman whether it be the NFL, or some other large corporation or government.

          Reality is a lot more boring..
          Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          I will politely ask if you are referring to my post, just above. Just want to make sure, in case I can respond on my behalf. But maybe not me.
          Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
          The post follows the exact route of the report...even the same language...not a reach to state that...
          Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          So yes, you are referring to me and the article I posted, re: the waiver? I'll wait for awhile for you to respond. (I'm out shopping, will check in later).
          Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
          I am referring to the post.... and people in general......
          To be clear, everyone, I am not aware of an ESPN related show. I found this article this am, as I look around and read. Not sure who you mean by "reciting".....but it sure ain't me.

          Just trying to be open and as polite as I can, to the readership....who may or may not agree with the article.

          But yeah....100% honest about my finding and my purpose. That's how I try to conduct business here. That goes for all my posts.
          Last edited by CanDB; 11-19-2019, 03:08 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            If you have a question about a mod action, please PM one of us or start a thread in the Community Issues forum. Thanks.
            Ok thanks , I didnt receive a message so it's possible I didnt hit the post button.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
              If we sign Kaepernick, I will officially jump ship and look for a new team.
              I feel very strongly on this as well, though not that extreme. I wouldn't stop being a Broncos fan forever, but I would stop watching and definitely would not support the team by purchasing any Broncos gear until he was gone
              "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
              PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
              LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

              Comment


              • Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                Ok thanks , I didnt receive a message so it's possible I didnt hit the post button.
                You did. Please see PM (after I write it. Please give me a few minutes).

                EDIT: Well, that took more than a few minutes. No wonder I do stuff late at night.
                Last edited by Peanut; 11-19-2019, 03:31 PM.
                Administrator
                sigpic

                #LupusAwareness

                #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                  I feel very strongly on this as well, though not that extreme. I wouldn't stop being a Broncos fan forever, but I would stop watching and definitely would not support the team by purchasing any Broncos gear until he was gone

                  Im on that wagon too... I’d have a hard time watching Game or repping all the gear I have already....I wouldn’t want the “ you are Kaep fan eh? ) crap..
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • At the end of the day, Kaepernick had an opportunity to get back in the league and he pissed on it.

                    No one should complain if he never gets a job in the NFL again.

                    There’s very little evidence he actually wants to return to the league.

                    It doesn’t matter what the NFL wants or doesn’t want.

                    They gave him a chance and he rejected it.

                    Now we’ll see if there’s a team willing to trust him to keep football about football.
                    You Mad Bro?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                      At the end of the day, Kaepernick had an opportunity to get back in the league and he pissed on it.

                      No one should complain if he never gets a job in the NFL again.

                      There’s very little evidence he actually wants to return to the league.

                      It doesn’t matter what the NFL wants or doesn’t want.

                      They gave him a chance and he rejected it.

                      Now we’ll see if there’s a team willing to trust him to keep football about football.
                      FTR....I can fully understand your view. Even I, who try to be open minded about both sides, and have leaned his way at times, have difficulty sorting things out. Just when I support him, he seems to do something that makes me scratch my head.

                      Having said that, I am not there. None of us are. I may not fully trust Kaep's objectives, but I can definitely tell you that The NFL has its issues, and would never be on my list of top corporate entities of the year. They are great at selling the game, and at making money, but there's another side as well. Maybe not worse than many established companies, but definitely not perfect....and in my opinion, too powerful.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                        That’s an interesting take on Nike... didn’t think of that angle..

                        But.... imagine the media Kaep would get from it? It would keep him relevant for a long time.... because he would make it all about him...

                        I just want that clown to fade away...and without the NFL...he will..
                        Which is why I think the NFL is holding off on that. But I think it's their ultimate lever to pull if they need to.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          FTR....I can fully understand your view. Even I, who try to be open minded about both sides, and have leaned his way at times, have difficulty sorting things out. Just when I support him, he seems to do something that makes me scratch my head.

                          Having said that, I am not there. None of us are. I may not fully trust Kaep's objectives, but I can definitely tell you that The NFL has its issues, and would never be on my list of top corporate entities of the year. They are great at selling the game, and at making money, but there's another side as well. Maybe not worse than many established companies, but definitely not perfect....and in my opinion, too powerful.
                          Kaepernick’s sin was that he messed with the money.

                          He could have stood for his cause without doing the thing that was going to hurt the NFL’s bottom line.

                          You don’t damage the venue that gives you the platform to take a stand.

                          People want to accuse the NFL of actions for which they have zero evidence.

                          Even if those accusations are true, it would be understandable. You don’t mess with the money.
                          You Mad Bro?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                            Kaepernick’s sin was that he messed with the money.

                            He could have stood for his cause without doing the thing that was going to hurt the NFL’s bottom line.

                            You don’t damage the venue that gives you the platform to take a stand.

                            People want to accuse the NFL of actions for which they have zero evidence.

                            Even if those accusations are true, it would be understandable. You don’t mess with the money.
                            So true....

                            And with pages of this thread...what do we see? Nothing about his social activism or good things he says he wants to do.....just a person, who,s only post education job has been football, calling out the place he apparently wants to work for......

                            Seems kind of asinine doesn’t it?
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                              Kaepernick’s sin was that he messed with the money.

                              He could have stood for his cause without doing the thing that was going to hurt the NFL’s bottom line.

                              You don’t damage the venue that gives you the platform to take a stand.

                              People want to accuse the NFL of actions for which they have zero evidence.

                              Even if those accusations are true, it would be understandable. You don’t mess with the money.
                              My take on The NFL, which is not about what you mention, is based on a number of events/situations, whereby they are so powerful they can mess up and still make things look right. I can give examples, but I am way off topic. I don't always take what they do/say at face value. Therefore in this messed up situation we speak of, I do not buy into their side without more evidence of their agenda, be it fair or unfair.

                              As I mentioned, I am not loving the approach Colin has taken. And at the very start, I was not on his side. And yes, he has benefitted by being an NFL player. But I'll stop there, because it may lead us too deep into the other side of this storyline.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                                Im on that wagon too... I’d have a hard time watching Game or repping all the gear I have already....I wouldn’t want the “ you are Kaep fan eh? ) crap..
                                Agreed. I wouldn't rep the team by wearing my gear either...and since it would be Elway's call to bring him in my beautiful orange #7 jersey would collect a lot of dust until Kaep was gone
                                "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                                PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                                LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X