Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    If the clips on ESPN are anything to judge by, this workout was a farce. Kaepernick’s Targets were jogging, he still has the windup in his throwing motion that plagued his career, and he still misses 7 throws out of 60 which sounds good until you realize Lynch missed 12 throws at his pro day in 30-40 mph winds

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Arm strength was never in question, accuracy was the big question. Today's workout didn't test that.
    I realize that, but thanks. Just relaying what an NFL Exec took the time to publicize.

I think that many were expecting that he is lesser than he was back then. And if his arm is still "elite", and the rest of his game is close to where he was a few years back, he is probably better than a number of backups. IMO, a number of them do not have "elite" arms, or look as athletic as he still does. Yes, accuracy separates him from a starter job, but lets see if there are any takers as a potential backup.
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-16-2019, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Per Adam Schefter....one NFL Exec in attendance said Colin still has an elite arm. Not saying that's enough, but it's not a neg. Here is Adam's tweet:

After today’s workout in Atlanta, an NFL executive at Colin Kaepernick’s throwing session said his arm talent is “elite” and is the same as when he came out of college. He said that Kaepernick threw the ball well.

Kaep was quite assertive after the workout. I wasn't sure how he would react, but he sure seems ticked. That's probably why he changed venues.

Bottom line....can he play. Does a team need him.

Arm strength was never in question, accuracy was the big question. Today's workout didn't test that.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
    Except he was offered the contract before any of the kneeling protest started and not after so the blackballing 'idea' still applies.
    You forgot to mention his play in 2015, he started only 8 games, had a 59% completion, and 6/5 TD to INT ratio. His play had slipped, and he was never an elite QB to begin with.

As for the blackballing issue (without getting too far into a dicey are) are other players that kneeled during that time are still gainfully employed and playing. Including Eric Reid, who is probably more outspoken than Kaepernick ever was. If he had NFL talent, he would currently be employed.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    But does he still have the Byron Leftwich throwing motion?
    Yes, but I wonder if he could be a good player if he wasn’t asked to run a pro style offense. Let him run the triple option out of the pistol and maybe he could have a good couple of years. He was awful his last two years running a pro style offense.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Except he was offered the contract before any of the kneeling protest started and not after so the blackballing 'idea' still applies.
    I guess. There are plenty of players in the league who are media headaches. The difference is they’re not marginal players. Kaep was not very good the last two years he played.
    Would you pay a guy franchise money (which is what he wants) to be a borderline starter/probable backup who will also be a constant media distraction? There’s a big difference between someone being blacklisted and someone being not viewed as worth the headache.
    The Broncos have two players on their roster who were very public in their criticism of the police. The difference is they’re good football players.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Just reporting sir.

Leave a comment:

• Mel B.
    replied
    And we were covering that 7 mil. He still would’ve got all the money guaranteed to him despite questions surrounding him and if he’d even be able to play again after his shoulder injury.
    So you're saying Elway was willing to pay his entire contract that he was already guaranteed to make in SF?

I don't ever remember hearing/reading that. I only remember what I and what broncolee posted about the contract deals.

You mean didn't Elway offer him one of his 'famous' low-ball/take it or leave contract?

If memory serves me correct...Kap had a guaranteed 17mil left on his SF deal but Elway only wanted to pay him 7mil. w/incentives.

Sorry but I'm not leaving 10mil in guarantees on the table for nobody and for no organization.
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    It was reported that Elway tried to get the 49ers to pay $9 million of the $16 million Kaepernick was owed.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Per Adam Schefter....one NFL Exec in attendance said Colin still has an elite arm. Not saying that's enough, but it's not a neg. Here is Adam's tweet:

After today’s workout in Atlanta, an NFL executive at Colin Kaepernick’s throwing session said his arm talent is “elite” and is the same as when he came out of college. He said that Kaepernick threw the ball well.

Kaep was quite assertive after the workout. I wasn't sure how he would react, but he sure seems ticked. That's probably why he changed venues.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Ok then that's still 7mil in guarantees he would have been walking away from since the 9ers didn't agree to pay the difference.
    And we were covering that 7 mil. He still would’ve got all the money guaranteed to him despite questions surrounding him and if he’d even be able to play again after his shoulder injury.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Denver did NOT have a scout at Kap workout.. ...

Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) Tweeted:
    Broncos sent pro scout Jordon Dizon to Kaepernick's workout in ATL. Dizon was on the field at the original location when he saw reports of a change and couldn't make it to the new spot before his flight to Miami to advance the Bills game.

So Denver did not have a scout there. https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/st...787081216?s=20

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied

He's always had elite arm strength, his issues were always accuracy and mechanics. I hope and pray Denver stays away from this clown show

Leave a comment:

• Mel B.
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    It was reported that Elway tried to get the 49ers to pay $9 million of the $16 million Kaepernick was owed.
    Ok then that's still 7mil in guarantees he would have been walking away from since the 9ers didn't agree to pay the difference.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

Last edited by CanDB; 11-16-2019, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    You mean didn't Elway offer him one of his 'famous' low-ball/take it or leave contract?

If memory serves me correct...Kap had a guaranteed 17mil left on his SF deal but Elway only wanted to pay him 7mil. w/incentives.

Sorry but I'm not leaving 10mil in guarantees on the table for nobody and for no organization.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X