Colin Kaepernick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Kaepernick had he signed him would have been included in that list.

Kaps a joke... I'm amazed how many people act like he's actually a viable player. He was garbage when he left the league which is why no team wanted him. Now he's not played for years, is 32 and less mobile than previously and people think he's a viable option?

At 32 his mobility will be diminished, leaving him in a position where he will need to become more of a pocket passer...a guy who can't read defenses....

It amazes me that people can't see how dumb wanting Kap is...

He's a more mobile Joe flacco people...he's a crappy qb who got dragged to the Superbowl by an amazing team around him and some luck who has done nothing since that Superbowl.

Just say no to Colin Flacconick.
    Colin was on a team who was hot garbage. That was not his fault. They had 5-6 of their top guys leave that season. If your team is truly lacking talent then it stands to reason that your record will be horrid as well. Since you're wanting to use age and stats...the 49ers after picking 2nd in the draft they finished with a 6-10 record the following year.

Now I will not lie I agree that his play was poor his last season but to say that his level of play was so poor that he could not have played in the league...that is just ridiculous. I'd argue that even as of today Colin is a solid backup QB option for a team who could use a proven starter behind their current QB. Teams like Seattle, Carolina, Bills even the Cards.

Now should we sign Kap now....no. I do not believe that he fits our current direction but for those I mentioned before....he fits....as a backup for now.

Comment

• I think...even as a backup there is the Tebow effect... there is too much spotlight on the backup when their job is to sit, and hold the clipboard...

Remember him getting the press conference when the Jets signed him as a backup? I mean, who give the backup QB a press conference? When the personality..or in this case, the story, is larger then the value as a backup.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        I think...even as a backup there is the Tebow effect... there is too much spotlight on the backup when their job is to sit, and hold the clipboard...

Remember him getting the press conference when the Jets signed him as a backup? I mean, who give the backup QB a press conference? When the personality..or in this case, the story, is larger then the value as a backup.
        Elway when he introduced Keenum? I digress.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
          Buahahha. Well done! :thumb:
          sigpic

Comment

Classic! Lol

Comment

• The NFL and Colin Kaepernick are done with each other

https://theundefeated.com/features/t...th-each-other/

Comment

The NFL and Colin Kaepernick are done with each other

https://theundefeated.com/features/t...th-each-other/
                And there was much rejoicing! Yay....

Now we can work on forgetting him, and focus on the enjoyable pastime of watching football...for football, not politics or protest..
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                  And there was much rejoicing! Yay....

Now we can work on forgetting him, and focus on the enjoyable pastime of watching football...for football, not politics or protest..
                  My feelings exactly. If I never hear his name again it will be to soon

Comment

• Kaepernick?

Curious to know how you all would feel if we brought Colin in?

We all know John wanted to sign him before.

I’d love to have him back up Lock. I think his mobility would be a plus for our offensive line too.

What do you all think?
                    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

• No way.

Bringing in K Nick would be a disaster for the same reason no team picked him up a few years ago, and the same reason Tebow flushed out the league, because a back-up level QB who will bring a ton of media coverage and drama to the locker room is not worth it. Let some other team deal with all that if they want to.

Comment

• Okay we'll leave this open for now, but it's to remain strictly about the merits of signing Kaepernick based purely on football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          Okay we'll leave this open for now, but it's to remain strictly about the merits of signing Kaepernick based purely on football.
                          On that note....

NO to CK
                          sigpic

Comment

• Prefer they focus on the future with developing Lock instead of creating another QB controversy.

He is likely to get signed and it will be interesting to see if he can still be impactful on the field. But he is a coaches nightmare. If signed, pretty much forced to play him and impossible to bench him.

I would wish him luck but he is a long shot to succeed at best. He will be 33 yrs old next season, hasn’t played in 3 seasons, was injured and struggling to win games his last two seasons he played, is a career 59% passer and likely not the runner he once was that made him such a dynamic QB 5-6 years ago.

Not exactly a recipe for success for a “ back up “ QB.

Comment

• I don't see him landing in Denver, but I hope he gets a shot somewhere.

Comment

• I don’t think we’d be the right situation for him nor would he be the right backup for us. He’s probably better than Driskell but at his age it isn’t ideal.

The Patriots probably have the biggest question mark at the position. The Seahawks still make sense even though they seem content with who they have for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X