Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    Punters are not relatively that valuable, the best punter this season in average yards per punt is WAS punter. Houston's punter is the only top 10 punter that is on a team that has qualified for the playoffs. Tennessee's Brett Kern is probably the best punter overall, the Titans might still make the playoffs? When looking at punts inside the 20 then things change quite a bit. 1st place is Brett Kern with 34 inside the 20, 5 punters in the top 10 are on playoff teams (10th is a tie between GB and NO) ... Wadman has 27 punts inside the 20, that is good enough for 7th best. Wadman has 43.8 average, 39.2 net... he is only 28th, 5.6 yards behind 1st; 29th net avg. 5yds behind 1st.
    Don't get me wrong, the Broncos should at least bring in some competition at the punter position but I don't believe using any draft pick above the 7th round is worth it. Brett Kern was not drafted, Logan Cooke has the highest net avg, he was a 7th round pick. Bryan Anger was a 3rd round pick by JAX in 2012; he played there through 2015 and then went to TB on a contract through 2021, he was released last off-season. He is 20th this season on punts inside the 20, 3rd in net avg.
    The best solution for punting is keep from having to punt .

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    What pick would be comfortable spending on him assuming he's on the board? We need a punter badly, one that can flip a field, pin an offense, and do it constantly. That kind of player is valuable.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    started a topic Braden Mann

Braden Mann

This guy looks like a special punter. He has been prolific in college at Texas A&M. He won the ray guy. Set the record for most punts of over 60 yards and set the record for average punt yards in college with 50.9 overall I feel with our punting issues this is a guy Elway needs to look into.
Working...
X