Need to make signing Shelby Harris a priority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to make signing Shelby Harris a priority

Shelby Harris has balled all season long. From what I've heard, he loves being a Bronco. We have to sign him in the off-season. Elway's end of the season presser makes no mention of signing Harris as a high priority. He didn't even mention Harris's name when asked about guys we want to keep.

Keeping my fingers crossed we sign the big fella.

OR do we make Jadeveon Clowney a priority if he becomes a UFA?

Both?

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
      OR do we make Jadeveon Clowney a priority if he becomes a UFA?

Both?
      Doesn't Clowney play the same position as Von and Chubb?
      I wouldn't mind if we can get both.
      Last edited by elway7777; 12-30-2019, 09:35 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
        Doesn't Clowney play the same position as Von and Chubb?
        I wouldn't mind if we can get both.
        Clowney is huge, he can play DE in a 3/4. If we trade Von (Seems likely in my mind), then adding Clowney would make a lot of sense.
        All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Love Harris. Been a very underrated part of our team for the past couple seasons. I'd love to see him here long term, we'll have to see how it shakes out.

Justin Simmons and Will Parks are guys I hope we figure out a way to keep. Simmons is going to command a lot of money after the year he had. Wonder if he's someone we would look at putting a tag on.
          A book I wrote

Comment

Shelby is solid, but in no way a priority, it will depend on the money he is commanding honestly. I love Shelby and his ability to break up passes at the line of scrimmage, but it's happened to us before, and we always find guys to replace them with. Broderick Bunkley came here, played well, wanted ridiculous money and left. Terrance Knighton came here, played well, wanted ridiculous money and left.

I think Shelby will want the same, and become another highly overpaid player who produces well, but is paid way above his production level. With the way contracts were handed out last off-season to mediocre guys like Matt Paradis and Bradley Roby, it places more emphasis on finding young guys who can contribute on low salaries, as opposed to getting just okay production from highly paid older guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
              Clowney is huge, he can play DE in a 3/4. If we trade Von (Seems likely in my mind), then adding Clowney would make a lot of sense.
              If we trade von to sign Clowney I am out. The fact you think it is likely and von should be traded is a joke. Let's ship a guy who had 8 sacks for on any off year who has had double digit sacks for 7 of his nine career years. For a guy who had 3 sacks and can't move into the double digits. It is not good business. Plus you lose 73 career sacks among other stuff. Not to mention clowneys questionable motor and the fact he takes games off. We don't want him any where near here and he is not a suitable candidate to replace Miller's production. He has never done it before even in a scheme that fits his strengths why would he do it now?
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Von has been a leader in the clubhouse at a high level. Clowney is not and spends too much time on the bench with injuries. Clowney is also so up and down. I don't think Von gets us much more than a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the draft at this point and his leadership is too valuable. The only way I would consider a trade would be to the Redskins for Trent Williams.

Comment

Working...
                X