Lynn Bowden Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynn Bowden Please!

If Lynn Bowden enters the draft, I would be so stoked if we drafted him. This kid was a top 10 SEC WR when Kentucky moved him to Quarterback because of injuries. All he did from there was average over 200 yards rushing, per game, and finished it off with 233 against Virginia Tech in the bowl game. He's an absolute monster, and he catches the ball better than he runs it.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    If Lynn Bowden enters the draft, I would be so stoked if we drafted him. This kid was a top 10 SEC WR when Kentucky moved him to Quarterback because of injuries. All he did from there was average over 200 yards rushing, per game, and finished it off with 233 against Virginia Tech in the bowl game. He's an absolute monster, and he catches the ball better than he runs it.
    In what round?

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
      In what round?
      A lot of it will depend on what he does at the combine. He’s projected all over the place just because he’s only really played one season at WR and put up 60 catches for 700 yards. Not terrific numbers but he showed what he can do in space this year.

Right now I think he’ll go somewhere in the 3rd possibly 4th. If he runs a 4.3 he’ll probably sneak into the 2nd. But make no mistake about it, this kid is this year’s Deebo Samuel. He’s going to turn heads at the next level if a team can be creative with him. Dangerous return man too

Comment

sounds really optimistic to me. I think that punch he threw, and his reaction, cost him draft capital. and overshadowed a great game. He should not have played. More importantly he is not a proven receiver in a draft loaded at the position. I would like to learn more about this kid and am open to the idea that this selfish act was not indicative of his behavior, but yesterday all I read was selfish, immature, and irrational. I would rather pick another WR. I would like a speed guy but strongly prefer Raegor and would be happy with Hamler also.

Comment

sounds really optimistic to me. I think that punch he threw, and his reaction, cost him draft capital. and overshadowed a great game. He should not have played. More importantly he is not a proven receiver in a draft loaded at the position. I would like to learn more about this kid and am open to the idea that this selfish act was not indicative of his behavior, but yesterday all I read was selfish, immature, and irrational. I would rather pick another WR. I would like a speed guy but strongly prefer Raegor and would be happy with Hamler also.
          There was a lot of emotion leading up into the game and his car was broken into prior to the game. It isn’t an excuse but there was probably some pent up anger from that. I don’t think it’ll hurt him much if at all. If players can fail their drug test at the combine and not hurt their stock then I don’t think this would be any different. Or whatever weird thing Roby got in trouble for, same thing with Ray and Tunsil. It’ll just be a talking point when teams meet with him and he’ll take ownership of it and teams will likely respect that he took ownership of it. They’ll probably try to poke and prod and see if he will react in the meeting and hopefully he knows that’s going to be coming.

Comment

In his defense, there was trash talking to him personally by V-tech players the weekend before the game, and he was minding his own business in pregame warmups when a V-tech player walks by talking more trash, less than 3 feet from him. Does this excuse the punch? No. But one bad act can't erase the good he's done in Lexington and the selfless act of even playing in that bowl game. His last 5 games of the season solidified his identity as an NFL prospect. He didn't need to play, but he wasn't going to let his teammates compete without him. Again, no excuse for the punch, but this kid goes to the Children's wing of UK hospital, on his own, without any fanfare just to hang out with the kids. He's a good dude, just made a bad decision. But as a football player, he is NOT unproven. He was the go to receiver for last year's starting QB (Wilson) who often ran first, passed later. He has sticky hands and this year has proven he is a problem in space. Massive lower body, really hard to tackle one on one, plenty of shake and takes care of the football.
            All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Working...
            X