Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you give up

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    We need a LT, plain and simple!

    Comment


    • #32
      Just a little circle back to this thread a week or so later, and the two coaches we were discussing, Scangarello and McCartney, both have been fired. So, now would you say coaches who had thin resumes, and were fired after one season were more than likely unqualified for the job ? Smart move by Elway and Fangio going and adding a veteran coach to work with the most important investment they have, Lock.

      Comment


      • #33
        I've got $9 in cash and a generic gift card with about $30 left on it in my pocket..... that's it. That's all I'm willing to offer to move up. Nothing else.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by sra84 View Post
          I've got $9 in cash and a generic gift card with about $30 left on it in my pocket..... that's it. That's all I'm willing to offer to move up. Nothing else.
          I wouldn’t do that either. There’s too much talent at WR in this draft to move up.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
            Just a little circle back to this thread a week or so later, and the two coaches we were discussing, Scangarello and McCartney, both have been fired. So, now would you say coaches who had thin resumes, and were fired after one season were more than likely unqualified for the job ? Smart move by Elway and Fangio going and adding a veteran coach to work with the most important investment they have, Lock.
            I would say that we have no idea if this firing today has anything to do with a coach who was unqualified or if it was them replacing a coach who was connected with the previous OC in order to bring in a coach who's linked to the new OC. Rumor is if he doesn't remain OC in New York that Mike Shula will be here as the new QB coach. Since he's spent the last two seasons with Shurmur and knows the offense it seems like a logical move, especially since he'll spend a lot of time teaching the offense. Just like the last QB coach spent the previous 2 seasons and 2014 working in the exact offensive system that Scangarello was bringing to Denver.

            But I would tend to lean towards a guy who's coached 4 seasons in the NFL (5 now) and 4 seasons in college is probably qualified to be a position coach in the NFL and it being a matter of bringing in someone who knows the system and terminology rather than your belief that he had no qualifications.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              I would say that we have no idea if this firing today has anything to do with a coach who was unqualified or if it was them replacing a coach who was connected with the previous OC in order to bring in a coach who's linked to the new OC. Rumor is if he doesn't remain OC in New York that Mike Shula will be here as the new QB coach. Since he's spent the last two seasons with Shurmur and knows the offense it seems like a logical move, especially since he'll spend a lot of time teaching the offense. Just like the last QB coach spent the previous 2 seasons and 2014 working in the exact offensive system that Scangarello was bringing to Denver.

              But I would tend to lean towards a guy who's coached 4 seasons in the NFL (5 now) and 4 seasons in college is probably qualified to be a position coach in the NFL and it being a matter of bringing in someone who knows the system and terminology rather than your belief that he had no qualifications.
              I would say you are right and strongly agree if the move for Shula was a sure thing and already lined up, but as you say it isn't. It is a what if as of right now. I believe if there was any sort of trust in McCartney from within the organisation, whether it be from the head coach, general manager, a senior offensive staff member like Munchak, or the new incoming guy in Shurmur, they would have waited. You can have a preferred guy who you plan to target if he becomes available, but you don't fire someone you potentially like until that other guy actually becomes available. Pretty much exactly what happened with Fangio keeping Scangarello until a guy he liked became available. He didn't just fire Scangarello and hope someone became available, it was a reactive move, the McCartney one was not.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                Yep. Remember Clowney climbed to first overall pick because of one hit in one meaningless bowl game. And if you look back at his career, he's good but not nearly good enough to be the first overall pick. But man did the Michigan RB's helmet pop off...

                As for Jeudy, I would not trade up for him. It's a deep draft at receiver and I don't think it's the biggest need on O.
                I agree with your assessment of Clowney to a point. I think he was not utilized properly in the Texans system; either that or he wasn't motivated to perform. If you look at what he is doing in Seattle right now, the case can be made for his high draft status.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                  I agree with your assessment of Clowney to a point. I think he was not utilized properly in the Texans system; either that or he wasn't motivated to perform. If you look at what he is doing in Seattle right now, the case can be made for his high draft status.
                  He had 3 sacks in 11 games. He has not proven to be an elite pass rusher. He takes to many games or plays off. We don't need or want him in denver he is down grade as an edge rusher compared to what we have.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Nothing, not sure if you even take him if he's there at 15. Plenty of WR talent in this draft. I wouldn't be upset at all if he was the choice but I wouldn't trade up to get him.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Nothing. Denver needs to draft O-LINE the entire draft. Denver can land Robbie Thompson who is already Pro-Ready in FA and just Draft O-Line.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X