Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How expensive is Justin Simmons going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How expensive is Justin Simmons going to be?

The dude played legit safety all season, with a few spectacular moments. Enough so he's 2nd team all pro. How much is he going to cost? And while we're at it, are we bringing back Will Parks. He's obviously not nearly as versatile or capable as Simmons, but he's been a solid backup, and at this point I think we need depth, everywhere.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    The dude played legit safety all season, with a few spectacular moments. Enough so he's 2nd team all pro. How much is he going to cost? And while we're at it, are we bringing back Will Parks. He's obviously not nearly as versatile or capable as Simmons, but he's been a solid backup, and at this point I think we need depth, everywhere.
    $15 mill. Avg per year. And yea we will keep parks.
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

Whatever it takes to keep him

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
        $15 mill. Avg per year. And yea we will keep parks.
        Any chance we get him to sign for 5 years? I was looking around the league rosters and he's as young as any star, and younger than most. I have it built in to my current way of thinking that we will dumb Flacco and whatever he was owed next year. I wouldn't pretend to know if we take a cap hit, but somewhere in the back of my head I thought someone said when we signed him that it was basically a one year deal with a team option for the second. That, along with no longer paying Chris Harris Jr. (I think it would be a miracle if we keep him, unless we tag him), and either not paying Shelby or Wolfe, we should be in good shape to pay Simmons and possibly extend Miller. But something tells me extending Miller isn't going to be a priority.
        All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

We will probably start off in the 12 mill per range, but ultimately have to 15 mill per year. Which is kind of unsettling but it’s the reality of the situation. Maybe Von should take a pay cut to help us keep our stars?

Comment

Some where between 12 and 14m a year
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

The Franchise Tag will be in the $12 million range, so that's how much it will cost Denver to keep Simmons in March. That number could (and probably will) change before the July deadline for FT players to sign long term extensions. But if you're looking for an amount against the cap for free agency in March, the number is around $12 million.

Comment

Any chance we get him to sign for 5 years? I was looking around the league rosters and he's as young as any star, and younger than most. I have it built in to my current way of thinking that we will dumb Flacco and whatever he was owed next year. I wouldn't pretend to know if we take a cap hit, but somewhere in the back of my head I thought someone said when we signed him that it was basically a one year deal with a team option for the second. That, along with no longer paying Chris Harris Jr. (I think it would be a miracle if we keep him, unless we tag him), and either not paying Shelby or Wolfe, we should be in good shape to pay Simmons and possibly extend Miller. But something tells me extending Miller isn't going to be a priority.
                I highly doubt we do a 5 year. Even if we do the last year or 2 will be voidable ala vons contract. Also with the next cba coming around, idk if we want to pigeonhole ourselves yet not knowing what the new rules regardinf cap structure, franchise tags etc will be.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                  We will probably start off in the 12 mill per range, but ultimately have to 15 mill per year. Which is kind of unsettling but it’s the reality of the situation. Maybe Von should take a pay cut to help us keep our stars?
                  Why we are definitely not hurting cap wise for the foreseeable future, by the time locks contract is needed to be addressed, vons contract is up, simmons upcoming contract will be in the voidable years, ja' wuan james ridiculous sham of a contract will be off the books. Paying simmons whouldnt require any hand ringing or belt tightening.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    The Franchise Tag will be in the $12 million range, so that's how much it will cost Denver to keep Simmons in March. That number could (and probably will) change before the July deadline for FT players to sign long term extensions. But if you're looking for an amount against the cap for free agency in March, the number is around $12 million.
                    Agreed but once its stretched out over the next 4 years, im guessing total per year will end at about 15

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
                      Agreed but once its stretched out over the next 4 years, im guessing total per year will end at about 15
                      Probably, but average annual values don't matter much in the NFL. The amount that matters is total guaranteed money. He probably gets a 4 year contract with a value of $60 million, but probably only about $30 million or so of that will be guaranteed.

The structure would be something like first 2 years fully guaranteed, along with signing bonus:
                      SB: $16 million
                      Year 1 salary fully guaranteed $8 million. Cap hit $12 million
                      Year 2 salary fully guaranteed $8 million. Cap hit $12 million
                      Year 3 salary $14 million. Cap hit $18 million (dead cap of $8 million)
                      Year 4 salary $14 million. Cap hit $18 million (dead cap of $4 million)

This gives him an annual average of $15 million, and gives him $32 million guaranteed at signing. But it also protects the Broncos in case of injury or regression and is in reality a 2 year $32 million contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                        Probably, but average annual values don't matter much in the NFL. The amount that matters is total guaranteed money. He probably gets a 4 year contract with a value of $60 million, but probably only about $30 million or so of that will be guaranteed.

The structure would be something like first 2 years fully guaranteed, along with signing bonus:
                        SB: $16 million
                        Year 1 salary fully guaranteed $8 million. Cap hit $12 million
                        Year 2 salary fully guaranteed $8 million. Cap hit $12 million
                        Year 3 salary $14 million. Cap hit $18 million (dead cap of $8 million)
                        Year 4 salary $14 million. Cap hit $18 million (dead cap of $4 million)

This gives him an annual average of $15 million, and gives him $32 million guaranteed at signing. But it also protects the Broncos in case of injury or regression and is in reality a 2 year $32 million contract.
                        Thats about right, though id like to be able to make the last year completely voidable, possibly a 5th year?

Comment

$14-15 million APY easily. Could see Elway slapping the franchise tag on him too.

Comment

Justin Simmons is almost everything you want in a player. Stoke brought up some great points though. He played well this year but he didn't make any GIGANTIC plays. He didn't feel like a guy you can't replace (on the field). ......... so Broncos should be careful and be prepared to let him go if it gets too expensive. Off the field Simmons can't be beat. He stays out of trouble. He's smart and a great athlete. But we're still talking about paying for potential here. Whoever pays him HOPES he'll improve and become elite. Right now, he shows potential that he can become that guy - but he isn't yet.

I feel compelled to add that Fangio seems to really fallen for Simmons and this could have an impact on the way this goes down.
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

The Bears just made Eddie Jackson the highest paid safety with a 4 year 58.4 million dollar deal. Simmons isn’t as good as Jackson so I’d say Simmons will be in the 11-13 mil range.

Comment

Working...
                              X