X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncosohio87
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I think we all need to hold back on any expectations we have for the top pick. Imo, Denver can truly go any direction and just pick the best talent available.
    I honestly agree. I would rather draft an elite player than a mediocre O-lineman. I hate drafting for needs. BPA no matter what.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
    This is a good mock. I have to say though, the “OL or bust” people are really getting annoying. WR is as big of a need as any and we have FA and other picks to address OL. Shenault and Ruggs are good picks at #15.
    I think we all need to hold back on any expectations we have for the top pick. Imo, Denver can truly go any direction and just pick the best talent available.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosojia
    replied
    This is a good mock. I have to say though, the “OL or bust” people are really getting annoying. WR is as big of a need as any and we have FA and other picks to address OL. Shenault and Ruggs are good picks at #15.
    Last edited by Broncosojia; 01-12-2020, 08:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Hard part about deciding what to do about the O line is the “insider “ info on exactly what Munchak and in some ways Scangarello think about current players and if they are reliable or usable enough with the offense they want to run.

IMO Bolles is the least of the worries. Though still a concern, he played better as the season progressed. Do they expect James or Leary to return? Do they replace McGovern at center and move him to one of those spots?

I actually think this SI mock is not bad. First round may have a really talented WR sitting there and then an Olineman in the second to fill one spot. Add another impact lineman in free agency and it should be a significant upgrade.

I always think of the draft as the secondary way to augment your roster. The primary is free agency. How they spend the money to keep and bring in players will be critical. The 5-8 players that get drafted and make a difference is icing on the cake.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    i feel like i would be happy with this draft. but like we need alot more help on the o-line then this. if this happens i hope we make some major signing for the o-line

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    I've mentioned it before in another thread, but Niang is all over the place as far as mocks are concerned. There's no real indication which round he's going to be off the board in.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Hightower is intriguing. He’s the most dangerous deep threat Boise has had since Titus Young.
    His potential is really interesting because aside from the obvious elite speed he’s 6’2” with very good hands and toughness but only weighs around 170. It will be interesting to see what happens to his physique in the NFL. He could add 20 pounds and develop into an elite playmaker. Personally I think someone will see the upside and take him sooner than the 5th. We shall see!

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    I’d have no issue with a WR in the first if he is BPA. And another elite WR is not a bad thing.

There are multiple holes to fill. Not all will be filled in the one first rd pick. Elway needs to do a much better job in the draft and maybe more importantly in free agency. Broncos have too much money invested in Flacco, Callahan and multiple OTs that never play. Can he do a better job this off-season?
    I kind of feel the same way. There are holes to fill every year and there will always be holes to fill. If it's WR....why not? Having multiple threats on offense is never a bad thing. Sutton, Lindsay, Fant and player X out of the draft? We have to be able to keep up with the Chiefs so if it happens I won't whine about it

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    I’d have no issue with a WR in the first if he is BPA. And another elite WR is not a bad thing.

There are multiple holes to fill. Not all will be filled in the one first rd pick. Elway needs to do a much better job in the draft and maybe more importantly in free agency. Broncos have too much money invested in Flacco, Callahan and multiple OTs that never play. Can he do a better job this off-season?

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    JvDub95- I like the Cameron Brown pick. I'm a PSU fan and he is really athletic lb that plays well on the back end. He was moved all around and didn't exactly light up the stat sheet, but if you knew how he was being used he really did a good job. He is pretty thin, but for a team like us that could/would use him vs TE in coverage he is a good fit in a later round.
    I didn't create this mock...it's SI (sports illustrated). Im not 100% sold on WR being 1st but I wouldn't put it passed Elway to do so. I personally think it will be CB myself....but that opinion will change after free agency

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    JvDub95- I like the Cameron Brown pick. I'm a PSU fan and he is really athletic lb that plays well on the back end. He was moved all around and didn't exactly light up the stat sheet, but if you knew how he was being used he really did a good job. He is pretty thin, but for a team like us that could/would use him vs TE in coverage he is a good fit in a later round.

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    This mock is not good. We need linemen, linemen, and more linemen

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    I think if we go wide receiver in round one, I will have to be committed.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    I can't see us going WR in round one. We have our #1 WR, Sutton. As of now, I believe we are looking at OT or DL, with CB an outside possibility. Or Simmons from Clemson. I don't see Simmons or one of the top OT prospects sliding to #15 and I don't know if we're willing to trade up for an OT, since it looks like we're going to roll with Bolles and James as our tackles. And I think, especially with a lot of our DL becoming free agents, I'm thinking DL.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    I really hope we don’t do WR..... so many other needs...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X