It’s MOCK season. Here ya go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s MOCK season. Here ya go!

We have a lot of good young talent thanks to Mr. Elway. Looks like the coaching staff is sticking around, which helps with continuity. So we have the makings of something special. Let’s build!

Cuts:
    QB Joe Flacco
    TE Jeff Huerman
    G Ron Leary

These moves must happen and would put us at over 80 million in cap space.

Keeping our own;

DE Shelby Harris (4 yrs 48mill)
    I think Shelby gets Akiem Hicks money, 12 million per year.

S Justin Simmons (5 yrs 75 mill)
    Wow, big money for a safety. This makes him highest paid safety in the league but other than franchising him, this is how we keep him.

McGovern, Wolfe, and Chris Harris walk in free agency.

We also retain all of our RFAs.

After all of these moves plus allowance for rookie contracts I’m guessing we will have roughy 40 million to spend on free agents.

Free Agent Signings;

WR Robbie Anderson (4 yrs 44 mill)
    Giving him Tyrell Williams money seems about right. He is exactly what Lock needs opposite Sutton.

C B.J. Finney (2 yrs 12 mill)
    An upgrade over McGovern and a guy Munch knows well.

NT Danny Shelton (2 yrs 16 mill)
    I like Purcell but Shelton is a gamechanger. Not a bad thing having both.

CB James Bradberry (4 yrs 48 mill)
    Here is Harris’s replacement and maybe an upgrade. Bradberry fits the scheme perfectly. Hopefully Callahan comes back healthy as well.

So we add starters at 4 positions, all guys in their primes and upgrades from the former.

Draft:

*Trade*
    We move up into the top 10 by giving up #15 and our 2nd.

1. OT Tristan Wirfs (Iowa)
    This guy is the target. Predominantly a RT in college but with the help of Mike Munchak he will be an all-pro LT. His measurables are off the charts and he’s nasty. Our new franchise LT which allows Bolles to move down and compete at RG.

3. ILB Jacob Phillips (LSU)
    A speedy LB to cover backs and tight ends. Groom him behind Davis.

3. CB Jaylon Johnson (Utah)
    Good physical CB who fits our scheme well.

3. G Jonah Jackson (Ohio St)
    Good depth guy and will compete at RG.

4. WR K.J. Hill (Ohio St)
    Another Buckeye, steady receiver.

5. RB Ke’Shawn Vaughn (Vandy)
    Depth to replace Booker.

5. P Braden Mann (Tex A&M)
    I know I know, a punter? Gimme a break here. Out punter has been awful for a long time. This kid has the makings of being an all-pro.

6. S J.R. Reed (Georgia)
    7. DE Isiah Loudermilk (Wisc)

There ya go, we loaded!

You've been calling for OL, OL, OL, OL ... what happened; only 2?

Our punter played great against the Raiders. A 5th round... NOOOOOOOOOO
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
      We have a lot of good young talent thanks to Mr. Elway. Looks like the coaching staff is sticking around, which helps with continuity. So we have the makings of something special. Let’s build!

Cuts:
      QB Joe Flacco
      TE Jeff Huerman
      G Ron Leary

These moves must happen and would put us at over 80 million in cap space.

Keeping our own;

DE Shelby Harris (4 yrs 48mill)
      I think Shelby gets Akiem Hicks money, 12 million per year.

S Justin Simmons (5 yrs 75 mill)
      Wow, big money for a safety. This makes him highest paid safety in the league but other than franchising him, this is how we keep him.

McGovern, Wolfe, and Chris Harris walk in free agency.

We also retain all of our RFAs.

After all of these moves plus allowance for rookie contracts I’m guessing we will have roughy 40 million to spend on free agents.

Free Agent Signings;

WR Robbie Anderson (4 yrs 44 mill)
      Giving him Tyrell Williams money seems about right. He is exactly what Lock needs opposite Sutton.

C B.J. Finney (2 yrs 12 mill)
      An upgrade over McGovern and a guy Munch knows well.

NT Danny Shelton (2 yrs 16 mill)
      I like Purcell but Shelton is a gamechanger. Not a bad thing having both.

CB James Bradberry (4 yrs 48 mill)
      Here is Harris’s replacement and maybe an upgrade. Bradberry fits the scheme perfectly. Hopefully Callahan comes back healthy as well.

So we add starters at 4 positions, all guys in their primes and upgrades from the former.

Draft:

*Trade*
      We move up into the top 10 by giving up #15 and our 2nd.

1. OT Tristan Wirfs (Iowa)
      This guy is the target. Predominantly a RT in college but with the help of Mike Munchak he will be an all-pro LT. His measurables are off the charts and he’s nasty. Our new franchise LT which allows Bolles to move down and compete at RG.

3. ILB Jacob Phillips (LSU)
      A speedy LB to cover backs and tight ends. Groom him behind Davis.

3. CB Jaylon Johnson (Utah)
      Good physical CB who fits our scheme well.

3. G Jonah Jackson (Ohio St)
      Good depth guy and will compete at RG.

4. WR K.J. Hill (Ohio St)
      Another Buckeye, steady receiver.

5. RB Ke’Shawn Vaughn (Vandy)
      Depth to replace Booker.

5. P Braden Mann (Tex A&M)
      I know I know, a punter? Gimme a break here. Out punter has been awful for a long time. This kid has the makings of being an all-pro.

6. S J.R. Reed (Georgia)
      7. DE Isiah Loudermilk (Wisc)

There ya go, we loaded!
      it is okay i still perfer to build a line more over the Draft, and i don't know much about your center so tha scares me. i would probably be looking Interior O-line in the 3rd and 4th
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Personally, I wouldn’t trade the 2nd rounder. We can grab 2 solid players for example Ruggs in the first and Biadasz in the 2nd. But it’s early in the process but Elway can’t afford to screw this offseason up with all this cap room and draft capital.

Comment

Two thoughts: 1. You're happy with Davis at LB? I thought you wanted to get rid of him no matter what? I know that was last year, but I'm a little shocked by that.

2. I like Shelby Harris, but for that money I would let him walk. 5 of his 6 sacks came in two games this year. He seems to be very boom or bust. I'd love for Denver to re-sign him, but I don't see him as a top five 4/5 tech. And that contract would be tied for 5th in average value. I'd rather sign Roy Robertson-Harris from Chicago for a smaller contract and also add a situational pass rusher.

Comment

I'm not sure letting McGovern walk is the right thing to do. I would keep him and add another C/OG in the draft. Someone who would have upside and be ready to start 2021/22

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              Two thoughts: 1. You're happy with Davis at LB? I thought you wanted to get rid of him no matter what? I know that was last year, but I'm a little shocked by that.

2. I like Shelby Harris, but for that money I would let him walk. 5 of his 6 sacks came in two games this year. He seems to be very boom or bust. I'd love for Denver to re-sign him, but I don't see him as a top five 4/5 tech. And that contract would be tied for 5th in average value. I'd rather sign Roy Robertson-Harris from Chicago for a smaller contract and also add a situational pass rusher.
              Davis improved a lot under Fangio and the emergence of Johnson makes taking Davis’s deficiencies a little easier. Ideally we sign a Cory Littleton or Schobert but cap space wouldn’t allow me to do that in this mock.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                Davis improved a lot under Fangio and the emergence of Johnson makes taking Davis’s deficiencies a little easier. Ideally we sign a Cory Littleton or Schobert but cap space wouldn’t allow me to do that in this mock.
                Also my number one choice would be Chris Jones for the D-Line but again, cap space. Jones would cost around 18 million. Harris for 12 mill per us a steal really.

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                  You've been calling for OL, OL, OL, OL ... what happened; only 2?

Our punter played great against the Raiders. A 5th round... NOOOOOOOOOO
                  O-Line is addressed in this mock. Wirfs is an immediate upgrade at LT. Risner is the LG, Finney is at worst as good as McGovern at probably a little cheaper price, Bolles, Wilkinson, and Jackson battle it out for RG, and I’m counting on James coming back healthy and strong.

Oh and the punter thing, it’s a 5th rounder. Our punter played good against the Raiders but is always bottom half of the league in net average even while punting a mile above sea level for half of his games. He’s trash, just like every punter we’ve had for the last decade. Mann immediately solidifies that position for the next decade.

Comment

With all the 3rd round picks we have I think they use one or 2 of them to trade up vs giving our 2nd away. Wirfs is ok but I'd rather trade up for Thomas. Wirfs doesn't really do anything for me, I've watched plenty of him and he's not as great as people think he is

Comment

I think this mock is horrible. I also think we could get Simmons around 65-68 million over 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosohio87 View Post
                        I think this mock is horrible. I also think we could get Simmons around 65-68 million over 5 years.
                        Simmons will be the highest paid safety in football. Bank on it. Let’s see what you got!

Comment

Working...
                        X