Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Ross

Hey everyone

The player I am really pining for in the 2020 draft is Henry Ruggs, this is due to the fact that I believe, as many do in broncos country that we need a speed receiver to really compliment and open up our offense. There is fast players and then those that possess rare speed. We have one of the fastest tight ends in the NFL and I believe adding a super speedy receiver puts our offense up there with KC. However with other needs on the roster I can see the arguments for going against a 1st round receiver....which has me contemplating going a different route. Lets says we pick up a Tackle or DL in the first round....what would you think about trading for John Ross? I know many view him as a bust and rightfully so after being the #9 pick but the guy has caught 13 touchdown in 24 games so he is not a complete washout. If we could trade something like one of our 3rd round picks and a later round pick would you do it? I think this is a scenario in which would give us the freedom to attack other needs in the first 2 rounds along with possessing another 3rd and other picks in the later rounds but we finally add a speed element to our offense without sacrificing high draft capital. I would still prefer ruggs but I do think that Ross could provide a defense stretching element without spending valuable assets. What say you?

The highest id go would be a 5th and even that might be stretching it. He’s struggled to stay healthy and even though he somewhat flashed this season I don’t think it’d be worth it to trade for him when a guy like Robbie Anderson while more expensive could be available.

Comment

Let's get them all!

Courtland Sutton
      Robbie Anderson
      Henry Ruggs 3
      John Ross
      Tim Patrick
      Juwann Winfree (KR)
      Diontae Spencer (PR)

Comment

Ahhhhh the time of year to go crazy for shiny things......
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
          Ahhhhh the time of year to go crazy for shiny things......
          I wouldn't say I am going crazy for shiny things...I think its pretty consensus that our top needs are OT,CB1,WR2,IDL no? I would love to grab a top player at any of these positions. I think we need to try and do as much as we can for Lock to show us what he is though...therefore I think that entails grabbing an Offensive lineman that can give him more time or a wide receiver that has speed so we can spread out our offense... I think Wirfs,Willis, and Thomas will be gone so in that case I would love to grab any of Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs. Ruggs is the best fit because of what he can open up for the rest of the O. However if we were to attack other needs... I think Ross would simply be a good pick up because of the low cost and same ability to stretch a defense although with a quite bit less polish. I don't see any CB worth our first other than Okudah and he will go top 5. How would you attack our needs?

Comment

We need to beef up the trenches, badly...especially on the oline.

Moving up for a wr is a luxury we cannot afford.

A small move up or down in the first for a targeted player could happen..we have 9 picks so far..we can do that, or move around the second or 3rd round for quality picks.

Selling out to grab a wr high is crazy... while they are getting open, lock is getting creamed,,
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              We need to beef up the trenches, badly...especially on the oline.

Moving up for a wr is a luxury we cannot afford.

A small move up or down in the first for a targeted player could happen..we have 9 picks so far..we can do that, or move around the second or 3rd round for quality picks.

Selling out to grab a wr high is crazy... while they are getting open, lock is getting creamed,,
              I mean that is kind of my point in the first place though. I am perfectly fine with grabbing an OL or DL early, that is why I suggested going for Ross because he would not cost us any of our high picks. I like KJ Hamler to stretch the defense as well but I believe he will go top 50. I don't disagree with any of your thinking though.

Comment

Working...
              X