You want speed, you got speed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want speed, you got speed!

Thought I’d to a quick mock offseason based on the popular vote, let’s get after it!

Cut:
    Flacco, Leary, Davis
    These moves should put us around 85 million in cap space!

Resign:
    Conner McGovern (3 yrs 21 mill)
    Jeremiah Attachou (1 yr 4 mill)
    Derek Wolfe (2 yrs 14 mill)
    Justin Simmons (5 yrs 70 mill)

In the end Wolfe tests the market, the top DEs price themselves out of our range, so we bring him back at a discount. He’s a great player when healthy and a true Bronco.

Go kick rocks:
    Shelby Harris
    Chris Harris
    Will Parks

The Harris’s price themselves out of our range and Parks chases a starting gig elsewhere (ala David Bruton)

Free Agent Additions:
    C B.J. Finney (3 yrs 18 mill)
    This move slides McGovern over to RG and immediately upgrades our interior.

DE Calais Campbell (2 yrs 16 mill)
    Jags cut him, he wants to finish his career in his hometown. Even at his age he’s an upgrade over Harris imo. Throw Attachou, Walker, and Jones into the mix and we don’t miss a beat at DE.

ILB Corey Littleton (4 yrs 44 mill)
    We spend some coin filling this void. Littleton is the absolute best covering backs and TEs. This allows AJ to slide over and be an upgrade over Davis as the thumper.

CB James Bradberry (4 yrs 36 mill)
    Harris’ replacement. Bradberry is physical and will fit the scheme.

CB Prince Amukamara (2 yrs 14 mill)
    Familiar with Fangio’s scheme, he earned a payday playing under him. To clear cap space the Bears cut him and we pounce.

These moves will leave us with around 15 mill to sign our RFAs and draft class. Plus we still have Vons contract to restructure if the need arises.

Draft:
    1. WR Henry Ruggs (Alabama)
    Legit burner with Tyreek Hill skillset. Ruggs coupled with Locks cannon will take the top off defenses.

2. WR K.J. Hamler (Penn St.)
    Wow, Lock is creaming in his jeans right now. After workouts and running a sub 4.35 at the combine Hamler will shoot up draft boards. This spot will be about right for him.

2. OT Josh Jones (Houston)
    We package 2 of our 3rds to jump back into the 2nd and grab Jones. He will be groomed to replace Bolles at LT.

3. DB Antione Winfield Jr (Minn)
    After losing Parks we need a #3 safety. Winfield will contribute on ST right away and can also play CB if needed.

4. DE Nick Coe (Auburn)
    Another add to our D-Line rotation. He’s underachieved a bit at Auburn, but Kolkata can pull the best out of him.

4. NT Benito Jones (Miss)
    A stout run defender and Purcell’s backup.,

5. OL Shane Lemieux (Oregon)
    Should be a good inside swing man who can backup at C and G right away.

6. P Braden Mann (Tex A&M)
    I can’t get off this pick, Mann is the man and finally gives us a really punter we’ve desperately been lacking.

7. RB Darius Anderson (TCU)
    A depth add here, speedy one cut runner with high upside.

7. QB Nate Stanley (Iowa)
    Need another QB in the room, Stanley has the makings of a great backup in the league.

Imagine a WR core of Sutton, Ruggs, Hamler and Patrick/Hamilton. To go along with Fant and a goo running game behind an improved o/line under Munch. Fangio will always give us a top 5 defense. We need an offense that can shootout with KC. With these additions we’ve got it.

That seems pretty good.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

This is one of the most aggressive mock offseasons that I have seen. And I like it.

I like the FA additions and I think it would be unfair to our AFC West rivals to have to defend against that young core on offense. It would be a dream.
      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Literally my only complaint is getting back to back WR in the draft. Love the Ruggs pick but not the Hamler pick. I’d like to see one of are current WR step up. Patrick or Winfree.

I believe your suggestions would make us a legit team and a playoff team. Good work.

Comment

I don't know if Josh Jones will be there at the end of the 2nd. I think he either goes late 1st or early 2nd. I personally don't mind double dipping at WR, at the end of the day speed kills and can't be taught. With Shurmur coming from the Reid tree, I could see him building off what the Chiefs do with Hill and Hardman.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Its a great mock. However I don't think receiver should this high on our list. Its a very dependent position, and almost always does not bear fruit in their rookie season. This draft needs to be dedicated to the trenches both sides. Having Wolfe come back will be great,
            he could then show the ropes to a stud linemen. The same for a guy like D. Risner. MLB, CB, or even RB could also be taken before WR. Take a WR in middle rounds.

Comment

What Elway has emphasized so far this off season is that we have to score more and get weapons to surround Lock.

If that’s the case, he will use FA to fortify the defensive side particularly the front line, CBS and an off ball LB.

The draft will be to find weapons and protection. I like your thinking of speed and more speed. And with KC on our minds (they will be around for a while) we have a chance to close the gap with all this draft capital and salary cap space.

1. Double dip WRs. I’d like Ruggs in the first and K.J. Hill in the third.

2. Resign McGovern and move to RG and draft Cushenberry or Ruiz to play center for the next 8+ years.

3. The middle rounds is where Munchak finds his projects as well Fangio finds his secondary help.

4. Draft Braden Mann. You cannot give good teams a short field. It also helps if can get a new ST coordinator.

5. Find another late round RB. Darius Anderson or Perrine.

So speed and more speed.

Comment

Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
                What Elway has emphasized so far this off season is that we have to score more and get weapons to surround Lock.

If that’s the case, he will use FA to fortify the defensive side particularly the front line, CBS and an off ball LB.

The draft will be to find weapons and protection. I like your thinking of speed and more speed. And with KC on our minds (they will be around for a while) we have a chance to close the gap with all this draft capital and salary cap space.

1. Double dip WRs. I’d like Ruggs in the first and K.J. Hill in the third.

2. Resign McGovern and move to RG and draft Cushenberry or Ruiz to play center for the next 8+ years.

3. The middle rounds is where Munchak finds his projects as well Fangio finds his secondary help.

4. Draft Braden Mann. You cannot give good teams a short field. It also helps if can get a new ST coordinator.

5. Find another late round RB. Darius Anderson or Perrine.

So speed and more speed.
                This is a great modification to the great mock that the thread starts with. I can be completely satisfied with this as should others. Great work here !!! { KWHIT97 & montee2ball }

Comment

I don't think we have enough playing time to double dip at wr unless one of them would bust. Plus I feel Diggs and hamler both do there best work on the outside
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

This is a valid point. I have heard this from several other circles. If we are to double dip, we need a speed guy on outside, and another to get separation in the slot. I would take a speed guy, and stop with that. We have lots of other needs. D. Hamilton, T. Patrick, and Winfree might still develop into a player. Winfree hasn't been given a chance. Also Shanahan never had a WR taken high do very well when he drafted them. ( WR from U of Tenn for example, sorry can't remember his name ).

Comment

Maybe

Ruggs in the 1st
                      Jones in the 2nd
                      K.J. Hill in the 3rd

?

Comment

Nicely done! Like it a lot. Especially like the Finney and Littleton additions. Adding a true center and moving McGovern into the RG spot is a move I highly endorse. The explosive playmaking WRs early are a nice touch.

Elway are you watching?

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                          Maybe

Ruggs in the 1st
                          Jones in the 2nd
                          K.J. Hill in the 3rd

?
                          That's where I'm leaning towards, the thought of a legit stud WR to go with our legit stud WR would be awesome for Lock. I want OT too but from the sounds of Elway he will be given another opportunity to start so why not wait until next draft or FA to get our new starter. There is a chance he becomes a good player yet... Fingers crossed
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X