Broncos targeting Byron Jones???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos targeting Byron Jones???

Rumor has it..... Broncos Poised to Make Cowboys' CB Byron Jones 'Top Target' in Free Agency

https://www.si.com/.amp-broncos/nfl/...mpression=true

Are they not going to franchise him? Oh yea they gotta franchise Dak lol

Comment

I hope we can bring him but at the same time I hope they don’t get tunnel vision for him because FA can be unpredictable. I’d at least keep a line open with Trae Waynes and a few other CBs so we aren’t scrambling last minute. Probably send a few feelers out for potential trades as well, someone like Trufant. Maybe even Adoree Jackson if the Titans want an early return on him after breaking the bank to resign guys like Henry, Tannehill, possibly Conklin and Ryan too.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        I hope we can bring him but at the same time I hope they don’t get tunnel vision for him because FA can be unpredictable. I’d at least keep a line open with Trae Waynes and a few other CBs so we aren’t scrambling last minute. Probably send a few feelers out for potential trades as well, someone like Trufant. Maybe even Adoree Jackson if the Titans want an early return on him after breaking the bank to resign guys like Henry, Tannehill, possibly Conklin and Ryan too.
        I wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple CB's signed. I think Jones is arguably the best available via trade or FA anyway so go get him I say

Comment

I personally would prefer to trade for Darius Slay.

Comment

Pretty easy for these "insiders" to link free agent players, or soon to be cuts to teams with clear needs for said players at these positions, I wouldn't put too much merit into this. Cornerback will be a targeted position in free agency and the draft I am sure, but you could rumour any free agent at that position to Denver in all honesty and have a good shot at being right. Paying defensive free agents over offensive ones makes sense in the current market though.

Comment

Fans get tunnel vision, decision makers almost always have contingency plans.
              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                Are they not going to franchise him? Oh yea they gotta franchise Dak lol
                And Amari Cooper is in the last year of his contract.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

This would be good. How about Chris Harris saying he thinks the Chiefs would be a good fit for him?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                    Fans get tunnel vision, decision makers almost always have contingency plans.
                    Our FO hasn’t had the best contingency plans lately. That’s why I’m worried. Byron Jones should absolutely be the top target but since he’s the top CB hitting the market he will likely wait for one of Waynes, Ryan, or Breeland to set the market. Then if those guys are gone and we still don’t get him we end up with a guy like Jimmy Smith or Trumaine Johnson.

Comment

Our FO hasn’t had the best contingency plans lately. That’s why I’m worried. Byron Jones should absolutely be the top target but since he’s the top CB hitting the market he will likely wait for one of Waynes, Ryan, or Breeland to set the market. Then if those guys are gone and we still don’t get him we end up with a guy like Jimmy Smith or Trumaine Johnson.
                      I don’t know any example that you can point at and say we missed and didn’t have a contingency plan. From the draft (trading down, likely because of Hockenson) to FA, we’ve seemingly moved through options.
                      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                        This would be good. How about Chris Harris saying he thinks the Chiefs would be a good fit for him?
                        Could be a threat! He knows the Broncos have 60 million to spend and if you don’t resign me I’ll go help KC win another championship!

Ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                          I don’t know any example that you can point at and say we missed and didn’t have a contingency plan. From the draft (trading down, likely because of Hockenson) to FA, we’ve seemingly moved through options.
                          I can, more so in free agency, because it's hard to know what plan A, and plan B would be when it comes to the draft. They would never come out and say, "yeah we wanted so and so, but he went, so we had a plan to fall back and then grab you know who", it's all speculation in that regard.

When it comes to free agency though, their are plenty. For example, and the most glaring,Brock Osweiler, what was the plan there if he didn't re-sign ? It ended up being Mark Sanchez. What about when Malik Jackson walked ? Jared Crick and Adam Gotsis ? Then a year later went after Calais Cambpell, missed on him. That isn't even getting into the recent years of trying to find offensive lineman of any sort of quality, and constantly failing to do so. I can see what Beast is saying there for sure.

Comment

Unfortunately contingency plans involve budget constraints.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              Unfortunately contingency plans involve budget constraints.
                              Am I the only one that thinks Bryon Jones is over rated? 2 ints?? That’s crazy

Comment

Working...
                              X