Broncos targeting Byron Jones???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncosohio87 View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks Bryon Jones is over rated? 2 ints?? That’s crazy
    2 career ints is a little troubling but he has 43 pass deflections. He's always around the ball to make plays on it....he just has stone hands LOL.

Comment

I would gladly sign Byron Jones for $15M/year. He’s a lockdown corner and would be a fantastic fit in Fangio’s defense. His experience playing FS helps in terms of his defensive IQ and gives him versatility. His two interceptions are sparse, but Fangio’s defense is designed for the corners and safeties to feast. His ball skills are great, despite his low interception count.

Comment

Pass. Draft 3 DBs and lock down Justin Simmons.
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Yes, yes, yes, youth and development all the way. 2 defensive backs in the top 100 picks, 2 offensive lineman in the top 100 picks, and develop our own guys, no more band-aid free agent solutions, it doesn't work Mr. Elway.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
            Yes, yes, yes, youth and development all the way. 2 defensive backs in the top 100 picks, 2 offensive lineman in the top 100 picks, and develop our own guys, no more band-aid free agent solutions, it doesn't work Mr. Elway.
            How can you say it doesn't work? Elway bought his championship through FA.

Comment

Dream scenario: Okuda slips to 10 or 11.
              Would we trade up ?
              I would, in a heart beat.
              A generational corner.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                I don’t think those FAs classified as band aids though. All of them were studs but injury concerns led them to FA.

Comment

Originally posted by wmp View Post
                  Would we trade up ?
                  A generational corner.
                  I would for sure, that jump might only cost us 2 3rds and we get a young stud CB

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    I don’t think those FAs classified as band aids though. All of them were studs but injury concerns led them to FA.
                    Ward was 30, Talib was 29 and Ware was 34 I believe?? All studs for sure but also short term solutions as well. Short term solutions are bandaids imo. Sanders was 26 so that was just us getting lucky to have Peyton to lure him over

Comment

Would we trade up ?
                      A generational corner.
                      if anything was my dream senerio it would be issiah simmions dropping to around there letting us grab him, cause the Johnson/Simmons middles of the LB crew moves that from a weakness to a strength
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                        Talib, Ware, and Ward were great, yes, difference maker signings. However, that situation we had when they came here, it wasn't something that had been seen before, and it probably wont again. Manning was the ultimate recruitment tool, all came here on pretty good contracts, and all came here because we had Manning in place, we no longer do. Since then we have signed guys for way to much money, who were mediocre players, and the results have led us to where we are now, losers. I get what you are saying, but I think that situation is an outlier, not a common occurrence.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                          Talib, Ware, and Ward were great, yes, difference maker signings. However, that situation we had when they came here, it wasn't something that had been seen before, and it probably wont again. Manning was the ultimate recruitment tool, all came here on pretty good contracts, and all came here because we had Manning in place, we no longer do. Since then we have signed guys for way to much money, who were mediocre players, and the results have led us to where we are now, losers. I get what you are saying, but I think that situation is an outlier, not a common occurrence.
                          I can’t agree that all those guys came here because of Manning. Nothing like that ever happened in Indy when Manning was there. Elway should be recognized for what he did. He did a great job, including landing Manning himself.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Would we trade up ?
                            A generational corner.
                            I just don't see that from him. I think Denzel Ward was a better prospect and I wouldn't put him as a generational corner.
                            New England Patriots GM

Comment

Byron Jones would be fine except for the likely cost; I tend to think he is a little overrated. James Bradberry's numbers are actually better; stats aren't everything but it is possible to look deeper into the numbers.
                              Bradberry had 97 targets come his way and gave up 58.9% completions - his 4th season - he is just 26yrs old, a 70.1 QB rating against him - Byron Jones 87.7 rating - Bradberry had 3 INTs and gave up 1TD. Byron Jones gave up 3TDs on 64 targets - his 5th season, 27yrs old. Bradberry 12 passes defensed, Jones 6. Jones had just 46 tackles/assists, Bradberry 65.

Logan Ryan also had a decent 2019 season and his numbers indicate that he is a more complete/all around CB... 4 INTs and 4 forced fumbles; 113! tackles, 4.5 sacks. 8 QB hits... he did give up 66% completion % on 103 targets, 5TDs and 88.7 rating. He is 29 though.

I don't know for sure but, I think either Bradberry or Ryan would be less expensive than Jones.
                              CHJ's market value, according to Spotrac is only 11.1M average per year... he might not get the kind of money he was looking for? Trae Waynes Market value is 8.4M, he might be worth looking into for that? I would also throw in Ronald Darby on a really cheap contract - less than 5M maybe? Byron Jones market value is 14.1M ...
                              I tend to think that Spotrac overestimates value, a little but I don't have any data to support that, just memory.
                              I think there are a pretty big handful of CBs in FA that could be as good or better prospects when considering their price tags.

I also think the Broncos should draft a CB early but depends on how the board falls, probably not a 1st but no later than the 3rd and maybe 2 in the 3rd?
                              :2cents:
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                                I just don't see that from him. I think Denzel Ward was a better prospect and I wouldn't put him as a generational corner.
                                Okudah may not be a Champ Bailey but from a big ten fan here, he is a big time NFL caliber corner. The fact that he had 3 picks, 2 fumble forces and 9 pass defensed is big considering how little teams actually through his way

Comment

Working...
                                X