Broncos inquiring about Stefon Diggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d rather we didn’t get Diggs.

Seems like a potentially toxic locker room personality. I’d rather use the pick on a WR prospect, and the cap towards other positions of need.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      So you're saying that IF we make a trade for Diggs it will be for some other QB??? Some other QB that would cost a 3rd of our cap space? So, we sign some over the hill QB for an extreme price and take on Diggs contract so all we get out of this off-season is an over used QB, a diva WR and no offensive line to protect?? I wouldn't listen to your gut anymore...
      A third of our cap space, extreme price, over the hill, over used, no offensive line.........anything else you want to throw in there that I didn't say?
      All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
        I’d rather we didn’t get Diggs.

Seems like a potentially toxic locker room personality. I’d rather use the pick on a WR prospect, and the cap towards other positions of need.
        Totally Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
          Agreed, the last 2 years have been improved, but before that he was just flat out bad, and for a good number of years. Sutton, Lock, Risner, and Jones all look like potential core players on this team. Imagine if he could of hit like that throughout those Manning years preparing for the future, we might not be in this situation of being perennial losers like we are. Elway needs to find more instant impact this year, and in 2021 with the hopeful development of Lock, we could be a serious threat.
          2017 was bad all the way around, but 16 did net us Simmons and Gotsis(who will play a role on some team in another system). Elway appears to have kind of developed a good system, with 3 out of the last 4 drafts netting some good talent.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
            For $14m this year and $15m next year is too much for him.
            He would cost Denver his base salary 10.9 & 11.4 each of the following three years. Compare that to what Hill just signed at an AAV of 17.5M per year, I would say Diggs is a bargain via trade. Has history with Shurmur, so fully trust if they make the trade it is a good call. WRs getting frustrated with offensive play calling is nothing new, Thomas and Sanders griped about it all the time post Manning.
            Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
              A third of our cap space, extreme price, over the hill, over used, no offensive line.........anything else you want to throw in there that I didn't say?
              You said we would be getting Diggs for a different QB. You and I both know it isn't another draft pick so what does that leave? That particular FA would be Tom Brady because Brees has said it's NO or nobody. Tom would account for 30+ mil against our 70 something cap space. If you think Lock isn't the QB than that cap space is spent on an over the hill QB....that's pretty much what you are insinuating

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                You said we would be getting Diggs for a different QB. You and I both know it isn't another draft pick so what does that leave? That particular FA would be Tom Brady because Brees has said it's NO or nobody. Tom would account for 30+ mil against our 70 something cap space. If you think Lock isn't the QB than that cap space is spent on an over the hill QB....that's pretty much what you are insinuating
                I believe he’s insinuating Teddy Bridgewater.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                  2017 was bad all the way around, but 16 did net us Simmons and Gotsis(who will play a role on some team in another system). Elway appears to have kind of developed a good system, with 3 out of the last 4 drafts netting some good talent.
                  Gotsis was an inactive at times this year, and I don't subscribe to the idea that a pick is a good one just because they are the best option and play, Gotsis has been underwhelming in my opinion. On Simmons, he is the only player in recent memory who has made it to free agency and was an option to extend, everyone else has been an after thought, 16 had one good player.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                    He would cost Denver his base salary 10.9 & 11.4 each of the following three years. Compare that to what Hill just signed at an AAV of 17.5M per year, I would say Diggs is a bargain via trade. Has history with Shurmur, so fully trust if they make the trade it is a good call. WRs getting frustrated with offensive play calling is nothing new, Thomas and Sanders griped about it all the time post Manning.
                    That’s still too much for a player that’s barely reached 1,000 twice. I can’t see his number getting better with Lock than with Cousins next year either. $10m could be spent more wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                      That’s still too much for a player that’s barely reached 1,000 twice. I can’t see his number getting better with Lock than with Cousins next year either. $10m could be spent more wisely.
                      10 million and a pick, don't forget that. That could be 10 million and 11 million that is being put towards a quality offensive lineman, along with a 2nd or 3rd round talent. Not worth the deal at all, horrible idea in my opinion.

Comment

This is arguably best WR class ever, so why not just use that pick to draft a guy? Cheaper. Control for 4-5 years. Sign an affordable WR, and hope you identified the next Emmanuel Sanders.

Why this WR fever? Our success will be determined and dictated by the talent we have up front, on the LOS. Use that second rounder to pry Trent Williams from WAS.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                          This is arguably best WR class ever, so why not just use that pick to draft a guy? Cheaper. Control for 4-5 years. Sign an affordable WR, and hope you identified the next Emmanuel Sanders.

Why this WR fever? Our success will be determined and dictated by the talent we have up front, on the LOS. Use that second rounder to pry Trent Williams from WAS.
                          Another obvious, common sense point everyone is skipping over. I would bet most NFL teams in need of reciever help this year, will be backing off the thought of paying a free agent like Amari Cooper a ridiculous contract. I also think any receivers on the block will remain there until draft day at the earliest. I see the value of veteran receivers being pretty low this year with this upcoming draft class looking so strong. I see teams holding off to grab a rookie, then if they miss their guy trying to grab their backup option, then if they completely miss out, they will make the call for the likes of Diggs.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            I believe he’s insinuating Teddy Bridgewater.
                            Thank you. I guess I wasn't as obvious as I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                              Another obvious, common sense point everyone is skipping over. I would bet most NFL teams in need of reciever help this year, will be backing off the thought of paying a free agent like Amari Cooper a ridiculous contract. I also think any receivers on the block will remain there until draft day at the earliest. I see the value of veteran receivers being pretty low this year with this upcoming draft class looking so strong. I see teams holding off to grab a rookie, then if they miss their guy trying to grab their backup option, then if they completely miss out, they will make the call for the likes of Diggs.
                              Trades for players of Diggs' skill level AFTER the draft are rare. Teams don't want to give up that talent for a pick they can't use until the next year, especially considering how short the leash is on head coaches, and in this case, Zimm has already been on the "media" hot seat as it is.
                              Last edited by Letswinplz77; 02-20-2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post

That could be the way we go, but the draft is more risk, longer ramp up period too. What if a vet WR speeds up the development rate of Lock and Fant? Diggs does know the OC, there may be a value add that we will not get from a rookie WR. Also, the WR class can also be leverage to drive the acquisition cost down, we may be talking a 2nd or a 3rd + something...most years we may be talking 1st.

I see both sides, drafting a WR, hope you hit and save 9M in cap space. Make the trade and get a know commodity and maybe accelerate the development of a young QB.
                                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Working...
                                X