Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orangecrush21
    replied
    I dont see the appeal for Diggs personally. Loaded WR class as is and hes a bit of a toxic personality for the locker room. The only reason Minnesota would want to trade him is because they cant handle him as they dont have a plethora of WR talent behind him.
    Why not use the pick we would have to use on him on a talented young guy

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    Originally posted by JW7 View Post
    Trading for Diggs in a draft absolutely loaded in WR talent would be a reckless decision. He will command top money for the position in a situation where we will have to pay Sutton top dollar in a few years. Not on board for this potential trade at all.

Diggs cost 7M more than #15 pick, with less guaranteed money. Most draft picks will take 2-3 years to get to Diggs level of play. As Beast pointed out, there would only be a year or two where Sutton and Diggs "cost" would over lap...who says we re-sign Sutton anyways? Teams don't get to decide that all on their own, Sutton could say he want to reset the WR market as top paid WR.

Too much thinking of the future, we need to push all are chips in on Lock imo we have 3 year window before he needs to get paid, so get as much talent on the team as possible. See Seattle before Wilson signed big deal.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by JW7 View Post
    Trading for Diggs in a draft absolutely loaded in WR talent would be a reckless decision. He will command top money for the position in a situation where we will have to pay Sutton top dollar in a few years. Not on board for this potential trade at all.
    By the time Sutton is up for a new contract Diggs would be heading into the last year of his current deal and there’d be no dead cap to release him at that point so that money could be used to extend or tag Sutton. If the Vikings are willing to take a 3rd for him why not? One of our 3rd round picks will be used on a WR if not a higher draft pick. I’d rather see a proven player opposite of Sutton than hoping one of our WRs develops some type of consistency.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Just say no o Diggs.

Leave a comment:

• JW7
    replied

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    If we don't trade for DIggs before the draft, it's probably not happening, because trades for a player of his caliber after the draft are rare. Player trades in general are rare, happening less than 4% of the time.
    But if we do acquire Diggs before the draft, I wouldn't be mad at all if we drafted Lynn Bowden Jr. out of Kentucky. I honestly think he'll be a hidden gem, and probably available in the middle of the 3rd.
    I’d be happy with Bowden too and he’d actually be my choice for a double dip at WR if we don’t acquire a veteran WR. With how Diggs contract is set up we can cut bait when Sutton’s contract is up and put that money toward getting a deal done with Sutton.

I think Diggs will be a draft day trade ultimately. There’s no point in having 2 high profile WRs in that offense. They could use whatever pick they get to replace him. I think they would like to do it before the draft so they can try and get a deal done with their CBs as Rhodes, Waynes, and Alexander are all FAs. Rudolph is also a FA and a good blocking TE is needed in that offense and as much as they like Irv Smith he’s not a good blocker. I think they’re just posturing right now because the reception was lukewarm, they may get a little more desperate the closer we get to FA.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    It's been mentioned that Diggs is not likely to leave Minnesota with years still on his contract. However he did take down all Vikings related material from his social media so he may know something we don't. At the end of the day though I truly don't see him coming here. Minnesota will want too much for him

Leave a comment:

• Letswinplz77
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I would prefer Diggs and a WR. Reagor is probably my 3rd favorite WR (so far) in the draft and he likely makes it to the 2nd round.
    If we don't trade for DIggs before the draft, it's probably not happening, because trades for a player of his caliber after the draft are rare. Player trades in general are rare, happening less than 4% of the time.
    But if we do acquire Diggs before the draft, I wouldn't be mad at all if we drafted Lynn Bowden Jr. out of Kentucky. I honestly think he'll be a hidden gem, and probably available in the middle of the 3rd.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    If you thought, as the guy making the call here (Elway), that a first round wide receiver (Ruggs, Shenault, whoever) could give you say, 65 to 70 percent of Diggs' production as a rookie, would you prefer the 5 cheaper years to Diggs' last 2 on this contract and whatever you have to pay him on the next? I get that knowing what a rookie is going to bring to the table is impossible, but GMs gamble all the time.
    I would prefer Diggs and a WR. Reagor is probably my 3rd favorite WR (so far) in the draft and he likely makes it to the 2nd round.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Cleaned a couple of posts, lets stay on topic, debate the subject, leave the personal stuff out.
    Do not ignore a mod directive.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Closed for cleaning.

Leave a comment:

• Letswinplz77
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I don’t think Lock would have a problem dealing with Diggs honestly, he relates very well to his teammates. The only question should be is he worth what we’re giving up for his price tag. Personally I think he’s worth it as long as it isn’t a 2nd round pick. 1 3rd round pick won’t get the deal done though so something else will have to be added in.
    If you thought, as the guy making the call here (Elway), that a first round wide receiver (Ruggs, Shenault, whoever) could give you say, 65 to 70 percent of Diggs' production as a rookie, would you prefer the 5 cheaper years to Diggs' last 2 on this contract and whatever you have to pay him on the next? I get that knowing what a rookie is going to bring to the table is impossible, but GMs gamble all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Cleaned a couple of posts, lets stay on topic, debate the subject, leave the personal stuff out.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    I would prefer we draft a couple of young playmakers as opposed to locking in cap to one position. Especially with Sutton getting a large chunk starting soon. It sounds intriguing now, but in two years those two would be a large hit to the cap. The Chiefs haven't even had to start making hard cap decisions but it sounds like Watkins will be the first to go. I know he hasn't really lived up to his draft expectations, but he would be an interesting fit in Denver as well.

What I do like about the thought of Diggs is he could still lead a WR group if necessary. He's is a lot like Sanders in that aspect. I hate to think of not resigning Sutton but Diggs could give us that option at that point......especially if we have developed a young guy or two by then.

Leave a comment:

• Saddletramp
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Sorry if there already is a thread on this.

I’m hearing that the broncos may offer a second as well as Tim Patrick or Desean Hamilton in a trade for Diggs.

Kubiak is the new OC in Minnesota and he’s very familiar with the Broncos offensive roster. There is even speculation that he may ask for either Freeman or Booker.

I’d trade Freeman first, Booker may not be worth a darn as a rusher but he’s a pretty good blocker and pass catcher out of the back field but there’s a still the chance that we resign Riddick to fill that role.

Also Paul Richardson is still very fast and would add veteran leadership so I’d pursue him as well.

Go out and get both guys and then focus on O-line and Defense in the draft. Maybe forget about Ruggs but instead get KJ Hamler in the third!
    Too expensive. There are draft picks that can be had cheaper.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X