• Show
Clear All

• Raiders trying to get Simmons ?

I'd hate to see this

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I'm inclined to doubt that will happen.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Of course they’d like to have Simmons. But he’s getting tagged regardless so he won’t be there next season. And if I recall correctly Elway has never not resigned a player that was franchise tagged.

For them to get Simmons they would have to literally steal him although I wouldn’t put kidnapping past the Raiders

Comment

They have less cap space then we do, but i guess they can dream!
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Simmons isn't going anywhere, he'll get tagged if they can't reach a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Of course they’d like to have Simmons. But he’s getting tagged regardless so he won’t be there next season. And if I recall correctly Elway has never not resigned a player that was franchise tagged.

For them to get Simmons they would have to literally steal him although I wouldn’t put kidnapping past the Raiders
            Has Elway ever used the franchise tag ?

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              Didn't he do it on Prater?

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                Didn't he do it on Prater?
                Ah yes, correct. Elway does love his drink drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Ain’t that the truth, we watched them sell Jon Gruden to the Buccs and then blow a ludicrous amount in order to bring him out of retirement.

Comment

He’s used it on Prater, Clady, Demaryius Thomas, and Von Miller. All were resigned before the deadline to extend tagged players

Comment

Prater
                      Von Miller (remember the ugly comments after the WH visit)
                      Demaryius Thomas

Comment

A lot of team probably want him, but won’t get him. I can’t see Elway letting one of his best draft selections hit the market. I strongly believe we’ll eventually come to terms on a long term deal with Simmons.
                        2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

Complete forgot about all of them, and credit to Elway though, he did get all those deals sorted. I wish Elway had a little more foresight though in re-signing his own guys. The narrative of him failing to lock guys up before they finished their deals went away because he didn't draft anyone good for a few years there to even re-sign, but with Simmons and the cap situation, why hasn't that been done ?

Comment

Complete forgot about all of them, and credit to Elway though, he did get all those deals sorted. I wish Elway had a little more foresight though in re-signing his own guys. The narrative of him failing to lock guys up before they finished their deals went away because he didn't draft anyone good for a few years there to even re-sign, but with Simmons and the cap situation, why hasn't that been done ?
                            Just because he offers a contract doesn't mean a player will accept it. Look at Chris Harris as an example, Elway made an offer, Harris declined because he thought it was too low, now he's probably not going to get close to that. Some players want as much money as they can possibly get so they don't want to re-sign until they see what that is. Others bet on themselves and believe they'll be worth more down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                              Just because he offers a contract doesn't mean a player will accept it. Look at Chris Harris as an example, Elway made an offer, Harris declined because he thought it was too low, now he's probably not going to get close to that. Some players want as much money as they can possibly get so they don't want to re-sign until they see what that is. Others bet on themselves and believe they'll be worth more down the road.
                              Also true. But one of the better players from that elite 2015 defense had publicly said if Elway had came to him a season earlier he would of signed the extension. Instead a huge year where the entire defense elevated their play, especially on the highest stage, allowed guys values to greatly increase. Also he had early success doing so with Chris Harris and Derek Wolfe, so maybe you are right, and the guys which gave that narrative legs fit your description.

Comment

Working...
                              X