Amukamara & Apple vs B. Jones & Amukamara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amukamara & Apple vs B. Jones & Amukamara

Floating a idea for conversation: if you could choose, would you rather have the Prince and Eli Apple or Byron Jones and Prince? Thinking of salary cap and remaining holes like MLB and Dline. What would be your ideal draft after adding your chosen pair?

Originally posted by wrxDenver_Loyal View Post
    Floating a idea for conversation: if you could choose, would you rather have the Prince and Eli Apple or Byron Jones and Prince? Thinking of salary cap and remaining holes like MLB and Dline. What would be your ideal draft after adding your chosen pair?
    I would rather see what bausby or dawson can do starting over signing a guy like prince and apple. Both are kinda meh . I really want us to stay away from apple. He is a bust and not very good he is at best an average cb in the league and I don't see much of an upgrade to what we have in him. Plus he has a history of being a toxic locker room personality. Either way keep apple way out of denver.

Prince is an older cb who has been at best average and is losing a step. I think we should try to stay young on our team and focus on developing our young core. I think prince may have to try to move to fs soon either way I would avoid trusting him as a starting cb.

Now I do like jones. He is a young number 1 cb with all physical traits you want. His hands may be stone but he doesnt allow alot of passes to be completed and add in our pass rush he will look like a star here manning the number 1 cb spot.

Ideally I would like our cb 2 spot to be a competition between bausby yiadom dawson and harris.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I don't want Apple at all, he gets torched all the time. Honestly, I don't want either one of them. Prince has not lived up to his draft status and I'd say he's no better than what we have already. For me, it's Jones and a draft pick

Comment

Ditto to the other respondents. Give me Jones and a 3rd round selection as the option. I loved what I saw from bausby in the small sample size we got. And fangio must be pretty high on his raw ability for him to be picked up 2x by fangs.
        Last edited by Alaskajoe; 02-24-2020, 08:08 AM.
        I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

Things I look at for CB is Yards per target, Missed Tackling %, and INTs. Based off of that criteria:

Prince 6.8 yds, 4.3%, 3 INT (under Vic)
          Slay 7.5 yds, 11.54%, 2 INT (5.5 yds, 6.5%, 3 int in 2018)
          Jones 6.2 yds, 2.1%, 0 INT ( 7.3 yds, 5.6%, 0 INT in 2018)
          Apple 9 yds, 9.4%, 0 INT (basically Yiadom)

Compared to:
          Harris 10 yds, 3.4%, 1 INT
          Yiadom 9.1 yds, 8.5%, 0 INT
          Bausby 5 yds, 18.8%, 0 INT
          Dawson 6.6 yds, 13.6%, 0 INT

Small sample size, but Bausby and Dawson do give me hope as their coverage was top tier.

As for FAs, there is nothing about Jones that really jumps out as a reason to give him 15-16M per year. I would rather trade for Slay who in 2017 and 2018 was far and above better than Jones, particularly as a play-maker. Prince would be my #1 option if we are going CB in round 1 or 2; with Slay being my option if going CB in round 3 or 4.

I liked enough of what I saw from Dawson and Bausby (along with the return of Callahan) that I would not sign 2 FAs.
          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Working...
          X