No announcement yet.

Tristan Wirfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had seen Wirfs possibly slated to us in a few mocks months ago - I think it was when people were expecting us to pick around #10. Since then I have seen him floating around inside the top ten instead and we settled down into the #15 pick, so I haven't seen it lately. He's a guy that wouldn't upset me as the Broncos first round pick but I think he'll be gone before we get there.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
      A Hawkeye pipeline doesn’t hurt. Jewel, Fant, Wirfs ?, maybe QB Nate Stanley in the later rounds?

That’s a tough call if it came down to Ruggs or Wirfs.
      not for me
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it looks like Wirfs' stock is really rising now after his combine workout.

It seems like the Broncos are ok with Bolles and James at the tackle positions, so I don't see them trading up. I think it was probably more about Wirfs' being the unanimous pick for Elway and Fangio if he made it to #15. But, that isn't going to happen now.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
          Yeah, it looks like Wirfs' stock is really rising now after his combine workout.

It seems like the Broncos are ok with Bolles and James at the tackle positions, so I don't see them trading up. I think it was probably more about Wirfs' being the unanimous pick for Elway and Fangio if he made it to #15. But, that isn't going to happen now.
          It's kind of hard to gauge how the team feels at the OT spot. TBH their best course of action is to say they are happy with what we have, because there are no guaranteed other options. This is purely my speculation alone, but there has been too much smoke connecting us to WR at #15. Fangio explicitly kept personnel at Dove Valley to stop a leak in info, yet here is all this stuff about us and Ruggs. Perhaps we are leaning a different direction, and trying to get teams to jump us to push guys we want down the board. If 4 QBs, the top 3 WR, Young, Okudah, and at least 2 DTs go in the top 15 we are guaranteed to get one the big 4 OTs.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            It's kind of hard to gauge how the team feels at the OT spot. TBH their best course of action is to say they are happy with what we have, because there are no guaranteed other options. This is purely my speculation alone, but there has been too much smoke connecting us to WR at #15. Fangio explicitly kept personnel at Dove Valley to stop a leak in info, yet here is all this stuff about us and Ruggs. Perhaps we are leaning a different direction, and trying to get teams to jump us to push guys we want down the board. If 4 QBs, the top 3 WR, Young, Okudah, and at least 2 DTs go in the top 15 we are guaranteed to get one the big 4 OTs.
            Right. Even if Bolles is improving and James starts every game this year, they still need a Swing Tackle. Wilkinson did his best at RT last year, but he doesn't seem to be NFL Tackle material even as a backup. It doesn't seem likely that Rodgers, Bailey, Anderson or Armstrong will provide the answer either, although Munchak is not to be underestimated when it comes to getting the best from O-Linemen. We'll get a clue whether or not Denver exercises Bolles' fifth year option.

Bottom line is Denver's quality of depth at Offensive Tackle is very thin at best and non-existent at worst. It will be interesting to see who remains at #15. If one of: Wills; Wirfs; Becton; or, Thomas is there, then I would be very disappointed if that wasn't the pick. If Jackson, Jones or Cleveland was available, I suppose it would depend on how they compare as bpa to others available at that time.

How many QBs will be picked before #15? How many WRs? How many D-Linemen? How many Backers? How many DBs? The O-Linemen in the draft pool this year seem above average in quality and quantity, but it will be years before that is known for sure.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
              Very true. I think that they really want one of the top OL, with Wirfs' being at the top of their board, and are doing everything possible to show otherwise.

Comment

Many tackles had great days at the combine. Wirfs brought it, but there is no way I would trade up to get him. Becton and Wirfs will go early, but Thomas, Jones, and Willis are all big time prospects as well. Ezra Cleveland is probably going in the 3rd round and check out his day and tape. He might be the best pass blocking prospect in the draft. Niang gets a bad rep because of perceived work ethic issues but the boy can play football.

I am all 4 picking up one of the top 4 OTs if they are there at 15 (and like others I expect 1 will be). I also think Jones is a serious prospect and will be on the board a little later in the first. Cleveland and Niang could be had in the late second or third round. I believe there are many OTs in the top 100 that will be starters in this league for a very long time. I also expect Long to be there in the 5th or 6th round and he will be far better than people think. 2 time Big Ten all conference. He could play guard and swing to tackle as needed. This draft is a chance to invest in our OL for the future....

Comment

Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
                  A Hawkeye pipeline doesn’t hurt. Jewel, Fant, Wirfs ?, maybe QB Nate Stanley in the later rounds?

That’s a tough call if it came down to Ruggs or Wirfs.
                  As an Iowa fan. It's a definite no from me for Nathan Stanley. But Wirfs might be my no. 1 choice at this point

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs4 View Post
                    Wirfs will be off the board by 15.
                    If he's still around at pick I would like to see a move up for Wirfs.

Comment

He won’t be there now, his combine performance catapulted him into top 5 consideration.

Comment

Working...
                      X