CJ Henderson first pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ Henderson first pick

We need that center from LSU, but not in the first round. And we need Brown or Wirfs for the OL as well. But they won't be there. I like CJ Henderson as a first pick because that position is hard to fill on a budget. I would prefer him over a receiver as a first round pick.

Originally posted by welderhead View Post
    We need that center from LSU, but not in the first round. And we need Brown or Wirfs for the OL as well. But they won't be there. I like CJ Henderson as a first pick because that position is hard to fill on a budget. I would prefer him over a receiver as a first round pick.
    I see the need. But we are filling defense on FA. And at 15 it's a little high for henderson.
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

1st five picks

Ruggs , then Cushenburry, 'then' 2 Corners and then Niang {OT}

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
        1st five picks

Ruggs , then Cushenburry, then 2 Corners and then Niang {OT}
        You think cush goes 2nd round?
        I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
          A lot of scouts have a second round grade on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
            If he is not there we take Ruiz..,.. or Biadiaz

Comment

Issue with Henderson is tackling, which for Fangio is non-negotiable. This will likely be a deal breaker for the 1st round.
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                Issue with Henderson is tackling, which for Fangio is non-negotiable. This will likely be a deal breaker for the 1st round.
                Totally agree. Henderson is a stud in man to man but avoids tackling. I think Bryce Hall in the second aligns a lot better with our system.

I still prefer OL and WR but would not be opposed to a CB especially if we don’t sign Jones or resign Chris Harris

Comment

I say nay.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    I say nay.
                    Neigh?
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Henderson is a great man corner and a poor tackler. I don’t think he’s a guy that fits the Fangio bill, but his athleticism is elite.

I would not be too upset if he was the pick at #15, but I would rather have Fulton there or even Trevon Diggs in the 2nd than Henderson as our first rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                        Henderson is a great man corner and a poor tackler. I don’t think he’s a guy that fits the Fangio bill, but his athleticism is elite.

I would not be too upset if he was the pick at #15, but I would rather have Fulton there or even Trevon Diggs in the 2nd than Henderson as our first rounder.
                        I'm personally a big fan of Bryce Hall

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                          I'm personally a big fan of Bryce Hall
                          Same, Bryce Hall and Trevon Diggs are Day 2 players that I think fit best with Fangio’s prototype for a corner. It might be a slight reach to take Hall at #46 but I would be all over it if he slid to our first 3rd round pick.

Comment

I am not necessarily for drafting Henderson in the 1st round, at least not at #15... but I not sure he is as bad against the run as is being portrayed. CBs typically are not known for their tackling ability generally. I do think Henderson would be a steal in the 2nd round though. When compared to some other prospects in this draft I don't see where it is he lacks the willingness to give run support. I found some quotes from analysts on him and some on other prospects... he has some relative good stats against the run as well. In 2019 he did injure his leg and very well could've made him apprehensive going up against RBs?

Henderson finished his college career with 92 tackles (65 solo), 6 interceptions, 22 pass breakups, 4.0 sacks and 7.0 tackles for loss in 34 games. He did all that rather quietly.
                            He embraces the physicality portion of playing the position and takes pride in being a run defender... he was consistent with maneuvering through traffic and still making tackles. Showed to have plenty of value as a blitzer. He was often used on CAT (corner) blitzes and late-down edge pressures.
                            He's willing and capable in run support but needs better control as an open-field tackler.
                            Willing to charge downhill and attack in run support

But... Needs to tackle with better control downhill

Trevon Diggs had 68 tackles 0 sacks ... "Needs better attention to positioning as open-field tackler"

Bryce Hall ... had 62 tackles in 2018, 2 sacks, 2 FF... "Inconsistent attacking run blocks, Would like to see better wrap and finish as a tackler." Did break his ankle in 2019 missing ~half of the season; I'm guessing that is why he did not run at the combine?

Kristian Fulton ... 61 tackle in 3 seasons; "Below-average toughness/technique as tackler"

Okudah ... 84 tackles in 3 seasons 0 sacks... "Chooses wisely when to strike and when to tackle; Willing to unload on running backs who test him; Needs to be diligent in contain duties against outside run"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                              Same, Bryce Hall and Trevon Diggs are Day 2 players that I think fit best with Fangio’s prototype for a corner. It might be a slight reach to take Hall at #46 but I would be all over it if he slid to our first 3rd round pick.
                              Hall and Gladney are guys I really like on day 2

Comment

Working...
                              X