Broncos looking at FA RBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Royce isn't bad at anything, but he's also not good at anything either tbh. He also took a step back this year. There was a report that someone with knowledge of out thinking said "Freeman sucks as a runner"
    Freeman looked like Just A Guy all last year. As you said, not bad but not good either. I think he was given his chance and didn't really do anything with it.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
      D'Andre Swift
      why would you want to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a RB when we have so many other more pressing needs?
      sigpic

Comment

The running back position is probably the only underpaid position group on the free agent market, no one wants to pay big, or long-term for their services. Would be a smart move in my opinion to add a guy who can help us in the run game in free agency, and instead of spending those big dollars on cornerbacks and tackles, get them in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          why would you want to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a RB when we have so many other more pressing needs?
          I think RB is an understated, but real need. Freeman has been meh, Booker is gone, ... RBs to me have 5 year shelf life, don't think FA is the way to go. I like Lindsay, but we really need to find another 200 carries on top of his.

And the reason they are underpaid in FA is because of the big drop off after 5 years.
          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Dobbins is the ONLY guy for me. Take the best available LT in round 1, draft Dobbins in round 2, then double dip on WR in round 3. Or sign a guy like Robby Anderson in FA.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
              Dobbins is the ONLY guy for me. Take the best available LT in round 1, draft Dobbins in round 2, then double dip on WR in round 3. Or sign a guy like Robby Anderson in FA.
              Dobbins is a very complete back, he catches the ball well too. Any other year I think he goes before our 2rd pick but there are so many O-Linemen and WRs that he just might last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                I think Swift and Dobbins end up in round 1. I think Taylor is a guy that might have a chance of making it to our 2nd rounder.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                  I think RB is an understated, but real need. Freeman has been meh, Booker is gone, ... RBs to me have 5 year shelf life, don't think FA is the way to go. I like Lindsay, but we really need to find another 200 carries on top of his.

And the reason they are underpaid in FA is because of the big drop off after 5 years.
                  over Oline, DB, LB, WR?
                  sigpic

Comment

over Oline, DB, LB, WR?
                    I think FA is shaping to look something like this:

Tag Simmons
                    Resign Wolfe
                    Sign OC BJ Finney
                    Sign CB Amukamara
                    Sign LB Schobert
                    Sign DL DJ Reader

I think we see something like that, if that's the case I could see RB being high up on the list come draft time.

Comment

"Last year for combine visits, Denver met with 8 TEs (including Fant), 5 guards, 3 QBs, 4 DEs and 3 Edge guys.

Their draft? TE, OG, QB, DE, Edge(LB).

So based on combine visits this year, I'd be looking for:

WR, OL, DE, RB in the top 3-4 rounds.

#BroncosCountry"

We will see if this holds true

Comment

I fear that with a FA back or a high round pick would only spell trouble for Lindsay. He wants to be featured and any of the mentioned options would/could potentially cause problems, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                          I think FA is shaping to look something like this:

Tag Simmons
                          Resign Wolfe
                          Sign OC BJ Finney
                          Sign CB Amukamara
                          Sign LB Schobert
                          Sign DL DJ Reader

I think we see something like that, if that's the case I could see RB being high up on the list come draft time.
                          I think they will either sign a FA such as Kenyan Drake or take a RB late in the draft. I don't see them taking a RB high but you never know.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                            I fear that with a FA back or a high round pick would only spell trouble for Lindsay. He wants to be featured and any of the mentioned options would/could potentially cause problems, imo.
                            I think that's part of the reason we might look to extend him early. Will make it an easier pill to swallow.

Comment

I think they will either sign a FA such as Kenyan Drake or take a RB late in the draft. I don't see them taking a RB high but you never know.
                              I agree with you, I don't think it will be back until day 3, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                                Nah I don't see that with Lindsay. I think it would motivate him even more to prove he's still the guy. Plus if he's the guy who can't handle a little competition (I don't think he's that type) probably not going to be the guy we want around long term anyway.
                                A book I wrote

Comment

Working...
                                X