Trent Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trent Williams

Redskins gave Williams permission to seek a trade. Would love the move if we didn’t have to give up more than a third, but I’d honestly still be happy giving up a second.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

I would easily give up one of our thirds for him in a heartbeat
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

He did play 3 seasons (I think) under Shurmur in Philly... Just saying

Comment

I would give up our second or 2 thirds. This guy is a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          Trent Williams never played in Philly?

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            I think you are thinking of Jason Peters.
            sigpic

Comment

I would easily trade for him but the problem is he up there in age, injury prone, cost draft picks( think they are looking for a first but won’t get that), and wants a bigger deal. That’s a lot to give up.

Comment

If the price is right, I'm in on making a deal.

If not, then we need to just move on.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  I think you are thinking of Jason Peters.
                  Indeed I am, my bad

Comment

Tunsil and a couple of payers were traded for 2 firsts, a second and a couple of players.

Comment

Age + injury history has me in the no column. Guys like Zimmerman, Tony Jones, and Stink were all older, but they were able to stay healthy enough to be impact players. I just don't see it working out that way with Williams.

Comment

I think a 3rd gets it done, and that would be a great deal. Even if he only played 13 games. Well, provided he's kept his strength, athleticism, and footwork during his year off.

Comment

According to Kareem Copeland of the Washington Post, Williams "was diagnosed with Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans (DFSP), a rare form of cancer. Doctors said it was weeks from moving to his brain when they removed the growth."Oct 31, 2019

Comment

Hard to say if he's worth it in my opinion. Been removed a full year from football as well as being 31 years old. Unless the organization is willing to admit they failed on Bolles and James, they won't be signing a huge free agent OT or draft one in the 1st round
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

When healthy he is the best LT in football. HOF level talent. If the medicals pan out, he would be a steal for a 3rd.

Sign him to a deal that has front loaded money and an out for medical reasons. If he comes back and plays at 90% of what he was before, he is still a top 5 LT in football and would be a stud to put in front of our young QB. If he is 100% he is the best in the league.

I don't think Elway would have issues throwing away Bolles in this scenario (or trying to move him to Guard). Pretty easy to admit you are wrong drafting Bolles when you are replacing him with one of the very best in the business.

Comment

Working...
                              X