Trent Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Wow. I'm surprised to hear this about Dillard. He was supposed to be far and above the best pass blocker.....but needed strength and improved technique for run blocking.
    That's just what's been reported on the Philly sports news cycle, so take it for what it's worth. I really liked him going into the draft last year.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
      I am focusing on the words "Highly unlikely" in this post. Although to give you more to think about Vaitai is also a UFA and sounds like he is going to get 8 mill + per year. Too rich for a backup swing tackle. The Eagles went from the best and deepest set of OTs in the league to a good starting situation with the need for a backup swing tackle.
      Yeah, I'm just kinda throwing out hypotheticals every now and then. It kinda happens when I'm eagerly awaiting free agency and the draft.

And I don't want any part of Vaitai. He admitted he became lazy and complacent after the Super Bowl win two years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
        Tunsil and a couple of payers were traded for 2 firsts, a second and a couple of players.
        Apples to oranges. Tunsil is young, rookie deal, not injury prone.
        Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
          We are poised - we have an 80 million cap and a stud QB on a rookie contract. This is literally the window/time to make these kinds of moves.
          I agree that things can change quickly in the NFL but I would rather the team focus on it's young core than adding a 32 year old lineman who will cost a large chunk of cap space and draft capital.

I like Lock a lot but the fact is that he had 5 nice games to start his career. While I think he has the potential to lead this team for a long time, I'm not sold on calling him a stud franchise QB just yet.
          sigpic

Comment

We are poised - we have an 80 million cap and a stud QB on a rookie contract. This is literally the window/time to make these kinds of moves.
            I don't mind spending some money, but we really need long-term solutions (better found in the draft), not stop gaps, which is why I really don't want to give up any more high draft picks. We are not in contention until we prove it. The facts about our situation are that we just finished 7-9, we haven't been above .500 in four years, we haven't been in the playoffs for five years nor beaten the Chefs (our #1 obstacle to winning the division) in that long either and Lock has yet to play a full season. Signing an aging injury prone vet doesn't automatically vault us into the SB. Love the orange koolaid though.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

He's not "reliable" because he didnt want to play for the horrible toxic FO in the redskins. Even the fans had his back, just look at their reddit threads. They greatly botched his cancer...
              The fact is, he's missed a lot of games. We got 3 inconsequential appearances last season for $17M in cash. I wouldn't bet on him showing up for a full season this year either.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                I don't mind spending some money, but we really need long-term solutions (better found in the draft), not stop gaps, which is why I really don't want to give up any more high draft picks. We are not in contention until we prove it. The facts about our situation are that we just finished 7-9, we haven't been above .500 in four years, we haven't been in the playoffs for five years nor beaten the Chefs (our #1 obstacle to winning the division) in that long either and Lock has yet to play a full season. Signing an aging injury prone vet doesn't automatically vault us into the SB. Love the orange koolaid though.
                the niners won 4 games then went to the super bowl. we were close to winning 10 games and Lock is def a stud.. Trent is a solution, not everyone can be a long term solution because we'd be in salary cap hell. You need blockbuster stop gaps, and you need to build thru the draft. We'd only give up a 3rd round for him, we have plenty of picks and plenty of salary cap after cutting flacco.

Comment

Working...
                X