Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF We Want An Oliner or WR in Round One....Who Has To Get Selected Before Us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to say. I'm just hoping one of Jeudy, Ruggs, Thomas, Wirfs, or Simmons is there or we trade up. There's a few other players I could get behind, but those are my 4 preferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
      Hard to say. I'm just hoping one of Jeudy, Ruggs, Thomas, Wirfs, or Simmons is there or we trade up. There's a few other players I could get behind, but those are my 4 preferences.
      Hey pal....don't short change yourself!!! I think you have 5. And in this situation, 5 is better!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Hey pal....don't short change yourself!!! I think you have 5. And in this situation, 5 is better!

I agree with him but I think we add Reader and Resign Wolfe therefore Kinlaw most likely wont be a consideration if that happens.

I really like Wills but im hearing that he has trouble understanding the college blocking scheme, therefore I could only imagine what the NFL blocking schemes would be like for him. CoughHolderBollesCough I hate to say it but if that is true, then hes most likely an NFL bust!

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
          The speed is easy to fall in love with. I get worried that he was a non factor in so many games at Alabama. I really don't want to spend #15 on a WR that has so many games with little production. I know they had multiple WRs and you could argue Jeudy was not as productive as he should have been as well. I just felt like Jeudy, Smith, and Weddle were all bigger influences on the game than Ruggs. In the key moments it always seemed to be Smith or Jeudy that came up big, Ruggs was never around. I would not be surprised if we take him but I admit I would be a little disappointed.

I am still a fan of drafting 1-2 WRs in the first 6 picks, Ruggs just isn't my favorite guy.

I didn't watch Ruggs in college. I really don't watch much college football at all. So, my impression of Ruggs is coming from videos that people are putting up and that's not going to change. I'm not willing to go dig up and watch full games of the guy just because we might draft him. Bearing that in mind I did notice that there are a lot of plays out there where he beat his guy and came open but the ball didn't come his way. From what I can tell the QB didn't even look over at him on those plays, like he was being used to clear out defenders. I don't know if he was actually used that way but I could see how that would benefit the Offense that he played on without him putting up decent stats. I did notice that even on those plays where I don't think the ball was ever going to be thrown his way he still looked pretty good. Acceleration, speed, body control, route running, it all seemed to be there. I'm warming up to him. Still...I'm hoping that we get a studly OT that can start at Guard this year at #15.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
            The speed is easy to fall in love with. I get worried that he was a non factor in so many games at Alabama. I really don't want to spend #15 on a WR that has so many games with little production. I know they had multiple WRs and you could argue Jeudy was not as productive as he should have been as well. I just felt like Jeudy, Smith, and Weddle were all bigger influences on the game than Ruggs. In the key moments it always seemed to be Smith or Jeudy that came up big, Ruggs was never around. I would not be surprised if we take him but I admit I would be a little disappointed.

I am still a fan of drafting 1-2 WRs in the first 6 picks, Ruggs just isn't my favorite guy.
            Easy to not be so productive every single game when there are multiple 1st round talent guys surrounding you. Jeudy and Ruggs everyone knows but Devanta Smith is also going to be a sure fire 1st rounder next draft. 3 1st round talent guys all lined up next to each other and all of them want the ball.

Jeudy is the guy I want the most but I think he is the 1st guy off the board. Imo, Ruggs will be better than Lamb once he learns to dumb down his speed. What I mean by that is he knows he is the fastest guy and I think he tries to just blaze every route he runs. Once he learns to balance his speed and turn it on when he needs to he'll be unstoppable

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
              Absolutely. I was not trying to imply all guys make it with development, was just showing even some stud WRs took time to get there. Hamilton has earned a lot of snaps, makes me think coaches have confidence in him.

As far as BPA, you always hope you can make a trade so BPA also fits biggest need.
              I agree that it would be optimal to trade down. Also agree with you that guys need time to develop. I do think this year is a special crop of WR talent. Personally I am not a fan of taking one in round 1 unless Jeudy is on the board at 15, but I like the talent that will be there in the third round. Could be a very cheap way to get our QB some additional tools.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                I didn't watch Ruggs in college. I really don't watch much college football at all. So, my impression of Ruggs is coming from videos that people are putting up and that's not going to change. I'm not willing to go dig up and watch full games of the guy just because we might draft him. Bearing that in mind I did notice that there are a lot of plays out there where he beat his guy and came open but the ball didn't come his way. From what I can tell the QB didn't even look over at him on those plays, like he was being used to clear out defenders. I don't know if he was actually used that way but I could see how that would benefit the Offense that he played on without him putting up decent stats. I did notice that even on those plays where I don't think the ball was ever going to be thrown his way he still looked pretty good. Acceleration, speed, body control, route running, it all seemed to be there. I'm warming up to him. Still...I'm hoping that we get a studly OT that can start at Guard this year at #15.
                I don't go back and watch games either just happen to watch a lot of SEC football and have seen Ruggs play quite a bit. Devonte Smith is a stud he is just very light. Jeudy is one of the best route runners I have ever seen. Weddle is as dynamic as they come...Ruggs, IDK? He clearly has speed but just doesn't seem to have it in the big games. Maybe that changes when he plays on a team with less talent.

I agree with you, I would like to invest in OL. My preference would be to trade down and pick up an extra 2nd round pick, if we stay at 15 I would prefer an OL. I would like to take a shot at a couple of WRs in the 2-4 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                X