No announcement yet.

Realistic dream draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we draft a stud RB I don't think it will be to just compliment Lindsay. It will also be to avoid paying Lindsay next year. If he has another 1,000 yard season I think he will be looking for a big payday. I don't think he is worth it.

I also don't think it is worth drafting RBs early in the draft. Careers are too short and too dependent on the OL. I would prefer investing the OL and let a RB come in later rounds or just sticking with what we have.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
      If we draft a stud RB I don't think it will be to just compliment Lindsay. It will also be to avoid paying Lindsay next year. If he has another 1,000 yard season I think he will be looking for a big payday. I don't think he is worth it.

I also don't think it is worth drafting RBs early in the draft. Careers are too short and too dependent on the OL. I would prefer investing the OL and let a RB come in later rounds or just sticking with what we have.
      I am sorry to say however Phillip Lindsay is the Real Deal and I can see him being a RB for Life ! Pay Lindsay I say.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
        I am sorry to say however Phillip Lindsay is the Real Deal and I can see him being a RB for Life ! Pay Lindsay I say.
        I agree, he will likely be a RB for life. I'm not as sure he will be here for that, though.

Comment

I think the RB interest is to pressure Lindsay’s camp into getting a deal done this season. I do think they want to replace Freeman however but you don’t need a big name for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
            I appreciate my opinion on this topic may not be very popular.. but

Not sure I agree. I think Lindsay has been a great find and a super cheap player for us. That being said, I think he ranks outside the top 10 and more likely between 15-20 in RBs. His YAC is terrible but he does breaks some tackles. He clearly has some pop in his game. At the end of the day I think he is average for starting RBs.

If he wants 4 Million per year, I think there is a discussion. If he wants 8+ million I think we let him walk. I believe he is very replaceable. He has some additional value for being a local find, but that is not worth very much to me.

At this point I wouldn't take Lindsay over any of the following:

Barkley
            Mcaffrey
            Kumara
            Chubb
            Jacobs
            Elliott
            Mixon
            Cook
            Gordon
            Jones

There are several others that are borderline - like James White, Sony Michel, Ingram, Fournette, Singletary, Sanders, and Mack

I would also prefer:

Swift
            Taylor
            Dobbins
            and maybe even Akers from this draft

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              He needs a lot of coaching and some time in the weight room. It looks like he has no idea what he’s doing with his hands. They end up high and outside a lot which as we see with Bolles doesn’t work at this level. But when he gets his hands inside he does his job pretty well but he lacks the lower body strength to stonewall the pass rusher so he’s constantly resetting his feet which is good that he knows how to do that but he gets pushed around too much too quickly. And when he sees a speed rush everything goes out the window and he’s doing a double karate chop with both hands on the shoulder pads just hoping he can slow them down enough.

I’d say he probably got by all throughout high school by just putting his shoulder pads into people and just started learning he had hands whenever he got to college. I think Munchak could turn him into a fine LT but it’ll take at least a season or two. He also has a pretty weak initial punch, like he’s playing patty cake with the defender which to me shows that he’s still unsure of what to do with his hands. That creates a whole different list of problems as well.

Andrew Thomas actually has similar issues with his hands being high and outside a lot but he’s so much stronger and aggressive that it isn’t nearly as noticeable.
              Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan on "Movin' the Chains" NFLR, said they see six offensive tackles in this draft as plug and play guys. They meant Thomas, Wirfs, Wills, Becton and probably Jackson and Jones. Some mocks have as many as seven OTs going in the first round which would probably include Cleveland. Looks like a good year for Tackles. We shall see.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan on "Movin' the Chains" NFLR, said they see six offensive tackles in this draft as plug and play guys. They meant Thomas, Wirfs, Wills, Becton and probably Jackson and Jones. Some mocks have as many as seven OTs going in the first round which would probably include Cleveland. Looks like a good year for Tackles. We shall see.
                I didn’t see the show but you can plug and play anybody, how effective they are is a different question. I do think the top 4 are guys you can get by with from day one but there will be growing pains especially if Wirfs and Wills switch over to the left side, although they are probably all still improvements over Bolles and Wilkinson. Jury is still out on James but if the trend holds true we should get him for the majority of the season. Jones could possibly start day one but I’m not that high on him, he reminds me of the Ole Miss OT from last season although it doesn’t seem to be for a lack of a motor, more so a lack of awareness/understanding of angles ie I see him in open space a lot but not blocking anybody or completely underestimating the defenders athletic ability which annoys me to no end because he pulls and screens a lot.

Speaking of OTs from last season I’ll be interested in comparing these guys to Jonah Williams who was highly regarded for his technique coming out last season. He doesn’t have great arm length but great technique will overcome that. And if for whatever reason we don’t address the OT spot, I think we may see Bolles and Risner swap at some point in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  I didn’t see the show but you can plug and play anybody, how effective they are is a different question. I do think the top 4 are guys you can get by with from day one but there will be growing pains especially if Wirfs and Wills switch over to the left side, although they are probably all still improvements over Bolles and Wilkinson. Jury is still out on James but if the trend holds true we should get him for the majority of the season. Jones could possibly start day one but I’m not that high on him, he reminds me of the Ole Miss OT from last season although it doesn’t seem to be for a lack of a motor, more so a lack of awareness/understanding of angles ie I see him in open space a lot but not blocking anybody or completely underestimating the defenders athletic ability which annoys me to no end because he pulls and screens a lot.

Speaking of OTs from last season I’ll be interested in comparing these guys to Jonah Williams who was highly regarded for his technique coming out last season. He doesn’t have great arm length but great technique will overcome that. And if for whatever reason we don’t address the OT spot, I think we may see Bolles and Risner swap at some point in the season.
                  In my opinion, Denver at the least needs to acquire a capable Swing Tackle. Ja'Wuan James inspires no confidence and has much to prove in the area of availability. Bolles is good in that area, but the O-Line could use an upgrade at LT. Not sure how well Dalton could deal with the kind of speed he'd see at LT. Other than that there's not much sign of quality depth at Tackle. I am sure Mike Munchak will start his best five at their best spots and that number six and seven will be ready.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I appreciate my opinion on this topic may not be very popular.. but

Not sure I agree. I think Lindsay has been a great find and a super cheap player for us. That being said, I think he ranks outside the top 10 and more likely between 15-20 in RBs. His YAC is terrible but he does breaks some tackles. He clearly has some pop in his game. At the end of the day I think he is average for starting RBs.

If he wants 4 Million per year, I think there is a discussion. If he wants 8+ million I think we let him walk. I believe he is very replaceable. He has some additional value for being a local find, but that is not worth very much to me.

At this point I wouldn't take Lindsay over any of the following:

Barkley
                    Mcaffrey
                    Kumara
                    Chubb
                    Jacobs
                    Elliott
                    Mixon
                    Cook
                    Gordon
                    Jones

There are several others that are borderline - like James White, Sony Michel, Ingram, Fournette, Singletary, Sanders, and Mack

I would also prefer:

Swift
                    Taylor
                    Dobbins
                    and maybe even Akers from this draft
                    With Akers you probably could justify with a 3rd and then Lindsay at 4 million would be great. With Swift, Taylor or Dobbins you will have to go rd 1 or 2 and that is ok if they are high on your draft board. Of course I don't know what Denver's draft board might look like. Personally I would address other positions at #15. But trading back to late rd 1 Swift would be in the discussion as far as best available.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                      With Akers you probably could justify with a 3rd and then Lindsay at 4 million would be great. With Swift, Taylor or Dobbins you will have to go rd 1 or 2 and that is ok if they are high on your draft board. Of course I don't know what Denver's draft board might look like. Personally I would address other positions at #15. But trading back to late rd 1 Swift would be in the discussion as far as best available.
                      I actually agree with you. I don't want a RB high in this draft. Personally I am fine rolling the dice with what we have. I think we are on the same page there. I don't think Lindsay is better than average but that doesn't mean I am pushing to take someone early. I prefer investing in the trenches and then picking up a WR or 2 in the first 5-6 picks.

My point is that IF we take a RB in the first couple of rounds it won't be to work with Lindsay. It will be to replace him.

Comment

Cam Akers or AJ Dillon in the 3rd would be fantastic. I love Royce Freeman and his reliable receiving ability, but he’s a liability as a blocker and isn’t super athletic out of the backfield.

Lindsay embodies the spirit of Broncos Country and I would be fine paying him ~$5-6M/year because he is a home-run threat and a tenacious blocker. Someone with his fire and work ethic is needed in the locker room. His durability could become a concern, but drafting someone to compliment him nicely will take the load off of his shoulders.

Comment

Working...
                        X