Trevathan ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Not good in coverage? I believe the opposite is true. Danny was the best coverage backer we’ve had since Al Wilson.
    YES.YES, we need a Al Wilson type.

Comment

Not good in coverage? I believe the opposite is true. Danny was the best coverage backer we’ve had since Al Wilson.
      You know what's funny is Kwiatkoski was statistically pretty solid in coverage too, and Chicago may not be able to sign him. Then you got Schobert and Littleton (who's probably going to get way too much). If we are looking for guys who can cover, those 4 would probably be the guys I'd be looking at. I really don't know what Schobert will get. It could be as low as 10, but he could also wind up among the highest paid.

I'm starting to think we're going to draft one though. I'd like Schobert around 10, and wouldn't be against bringing Trevathan back on a discount (fat chance probably), but I get the feeling they're going to try to sign Reader or something like that, and I don't think we're done at corner either.

Comment

Love me Trevathan during those Super Bowl runs but he's had his fair share of mileage and injury on his body. This is a young mans game. I'd take him at a cheap contract, but I don't think he's looking for that...

Comment

In 2015 Denver took him off the field in Sub packages, because Brandon Marshall was the better coverage LB. Now that's not saying much because they stayed in base most of the time, but Marshall played around 85-95% of the snaps each game, Trevathan usually played around 70%.

I think Trevathan is one of those players that people missed more than they thought they would when he left, and the memory of his play and abilities has increased since then, because people missed him more than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            In 2015 Denver took him off the field in Sub packages, because Brandon Marshall was the better coverage LB. Now that's not saying much because they stayed in base most of the time, but Marshall played around 85-95% of the snaps each game, Trevathan usually played around 70%.

I think Trevathan is one of those players that people missed more than they thought they would when he left, and the memory of his play and abilities has increased since then, because people missed him more than expected.
            He had 10 PD’s and 3 INT’s in 2013. He missed most of 2014 and then had 2 INT’s and 6 PD’s in 2015. Those are excellent #’s. He was the best LB we had for several years. We kept Marshall because he was cheaper and less of an injury risk.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I loved Danny T. When he was a DB ! Danny T was a True LB and True Play-maker and I was honestly mad as can be when Denver elected to pay B. Marsh and let Danny T. Go because we all know Danny T. was the better Liner Backer.

Comment

I don't think Trevathon would hit the field at this point. I would prefer we stick with the guys we have over picking him up again. I like Logan Wilson also but prefer David Woodward and given the injury last year he could probably be had in the 5th round. Would have been a second without the injury and one of the top 3-4 ILB taken.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
                  I don't think Trevathon would hit the field at this point. I would prefer we stick with the guys we have over picking him up again. I like Logan Wilson also but prefer David Woodward and given the injury last year he could probably be had in the 5th round. Would have been a second without the injury and one of the top 3-4 ILB taken.
                  I read an article yesterday out of Chicago that said Danny was probably their best defender last year before getting hurt.
                  sigpic

Comment

I read an article yesterday out of Chicago that said Danny was probably their best defender last year before getting hurt.
                    Well there is the first problem. The dude can't stay on the field. I did watch several of the games last year and I am not buying it. I recently read a couple of rankings that had him 5th or 6th on the Bears in their run D grade when he got injured. Not to mention his strength at this point in his career is run D not pass D.

Headed into the season, I can't find a site that ranks him higher than Todd Davis. If he can't beat out Davis not sure how he is going to make the field on this team. Not sure we would want to bring in an old often injured veteran to play backup at the ILB position, when you could draft a younger faster guy (even in mid to late rounds of the draft). A younger guy that can help on special teams.

just my two cents, but I am not overly passionate about it. He probably won't get much money. If we want to bring him in on a one year contract for limited money, I have no problems with it. I actually like the guy but not sold he is an upgrade at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      Wyoming's Logan Wilson in the 3rd or 4th is my hope. A very good well rounded ILB, who I think is flying under the radar a bit. His career and his testing should make him a 2nd round pick or better, but I seem to be one of a select few who think that. Hopefully he falls into our laps. Denver was one of a few teams to attend his pro day yesterday.

https://www.si.com/.amp-broncos/nfl/...ilson-climbing
                      That would be cool and they could even give him the number 56 since Corey Nelson is a free agent and then I could resurrect my Al Wilson jersey!

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
                        Well there is the first problem. The dude can't stay on the field. I did watch several of the games last year and I am not buying it. I recently read a couple of rankings that had him 5th or 6th on the Bears in their run D grade when he got injured. Not to mention his strength at this point in his career is run D not pass D.

Headed into the season, I can't find a site that ranks him higher than Todd Davis. If he can't beat out Davis not sure how he is going to make the field on this team. Not sure we would want to bring in an old often injured veteran to play backup at the ILB position, when you could draft a younger faster guy (even in mid to late rounds of the draft). A younger guy that can help on special teams.

just my two cents, but I am not overly passionate about it. He probably won't get much money. If we want to bring him in on a one year contract for limited money, I have no problems with it. I actually like the guy but not sold he is an upgrade at this point.
                        You might be right, I didn’t watch him last year.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          Hard pass. He's 4 year older than when Denver let him go because of injury concerns, and he's missed a lot more games since then.

He was a good LB in Denver, but I think people have romanticized how good he actually was. He was a 2 down LB not that great in coverage. I'm not sure how he's an upgrade on Todd Davis at this point?
                          You don’t know what you’re talking about. Danny T was one of the best cover linebackers in the Nfl
                          -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                            You don’t know what you’re talking about. Danny T was one of the best cover linebackers in the Nfl
                            Doesn’t matter now, he agreed to a three year extension with the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                              Uh...I mould say you don’t know what you are talking about.. he was good... not one of the best...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                                Uh...I mould say you don’t know what you are talking about.. he was good... not one of the best...
                                Danny T was a solid defender/Tackler. One of the better cover ILBs in the league but he was far from the best however between he, Stewart and Ward, they shut things down over the middle! It was a beautiful thing to watch really but I wouldn’t break the bank on any of them and I’m glad Elway did not.

He knows his defense, I guess any HOF QB might!

Comment

Working...
                                X