NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ers Likely To Be A 1st Round Trading Partner...Even If Not Us

The 49ers have the 13th and 31st picks and then skip rounds 2, 3 and 4 until round 5, pick 11. I can not imagine them retaining those 2 firsts.

Do we want either pick? According to the old value chart, the 13th pick only costs us 100 points (if we move up 2 spots) or a low 3rd.

The 31st pick is worth 600 points, or a 2nd and mid 3rd, while retaining our pick at 15.

13 might be the pick to trade for if we are close to landing one of our more coveted players. They could use a 3rd. Not sure about the 31st pick, unless we have landed a stud at 15 (or have made a trade back with another team), and another player we love is awaiting in the end of the first.

Whether or not we become their trading partner, I am quite sure SF will be looking to add to some early to mid round holes.

Comment

• Correct me if I’m wrong. Was it said or something I read that the Broncos were interested in obtaining a pick between Picks 15 and 46?

Comment

• Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
        Correct me if I’m wrong. Was it said or something I read that the Broncos were interested in obtaining a pick between Picks 15 and 46?
        I am not as aware as some folks here might be. I am not close enough to the scene. But are you thinking it could be pick #31?

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
          2 draft rumors gaining some traction:

Buccaneers looking to move up for an OT, likely Jedrick Wills

Eagles aggressively pursuing a trade up for Ceedee Lamb
          I can definitely see Tampa acquiring an OT, whether or not they move up. Gotta protect the new kid!!!

The Eagles might be in deep if they specifically want Lamb. What if The Jets want him? The draft capital required to trade picks with The Jets might be their 2nd and 3rd, which is foolish in my opinion when you can get a really good WR without even moving up.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            I can definitely see Tampa acquiring an OT, whether or not they move up. Gotta protect the new kid!!!

The Eagles might be in deep if they specifically want Lamb. What if The Jets want him? The draft capital required to trade picks with The Jets might be their 2nd and 3rd, which is foolish in my opinion when you can get a really good WR without even moving up.
            From what I've heard, the Eagles are likely to try and trade with the Jets. They want to get ahead of the Raiders. Jets GM Joe Douglas was last with the Eagles before going to New York and their is talks that their previous relationship could be the Eagles inside track to a deal. Not saying it will be cheap but from what's been reported from people close to the team, and who have a credible reputation, the Eagles are going WR in round one and don't want to settle for anything less than one of the top three. Eagles GM Howie Roseman is usually very good with making draft day trades so I wouldn't consider this move by Philly far fetched. Buy like you said, it depends on how much the Jets want....or if they want Lamb.

Comment

• I don't know if this has been reported but some news on Denzel Mims recently from Rotoworld...

The Athletic's Nicki Jhabvala reports the Broncos had a video call with Baylor WR Denzel Mims.
              The No. 15 overall pick is likely too early for Mims (6'3/207) to hear his name called, but there's no denying the Broncos are looking to add another over-the-top threat across from Courtland Sutton on Day 1. Baylor's standout fits that bill as he leveraged his 4.38 40-time to record 29 percent of his career receiving yards (2,925) with the 'go' route in OC Glenn Thomas’ spread offense, becoming the only player in college football to score at least eight receiving touchdowns in each of the last three seasons. Mims remains -154 to be drafted in the first round.

One scout told The Athletic's Bob McGinn he believes Baylor WR Denzel Mims is "better than CeeDee Lamb and maybe better than Jerry Jeudy."
              "He can really go up and make acrobatic plays on the ball. He showed at the Senior Bowl he can beat press coverage and get open at the top of routes," the scout continued. "He’s bigger, faster, longer. You’ve got a chance to really hit on Mims." Opinions were split on Mims among the 17 executives/scouts McGinn interviewed, as Mims was voted the second-most likely wideout to become a bust, behind only Colorado's Laviska Shenault. “He’s an outside receiver. He’s going to need a lot of work on how to run routes. He has tight shoulders. Better high-ball catcher than low-ball catcher. More of a 400-meter guy. He’s got inconsistent hands. He’s going to need work on how to get off press. He’s just got average body control," said a different scout. "I got him in the second round.” Mims flew up draft boards after a strong Senior Bowl and Combine.
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

3 Weeks To Go!!!

Bless him!
                1 Week !!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                  1 Week !!!!!!!
                  1 more week of painstaking suspense and buzz, along with rampant smokescreens and rumors. Things are just getting good!
                  2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                  Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                    1 more week of painstaking suspense and buzz, along with rampant smokescreens and rumors. Things are just getting good!
                    yes They Are !!

Comment

1 Week !!!!!!!
                      Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                      Exciting, but there is a downside I am trying to look past. Once the draft and the undrafted segment is over it I might have a downer day or two realizing that the next big sports activity might be a bit of a wait. HOWEVER, I think FF mocks will be going in high gear once we know who goes where! HOPE!!!

Anyway gang, lets love this week, and just let all the crazy pre draft talk fill our heads with happiness!! Bring on more mocks, and rumours, or just make up some rumours I don't care. Lets devour this excitement, even if it's mostly improbable!!

Comment

Exciting, but there is a downside I am trying to look past. Once the draft and the undrafted segment is over it I might have a downer day or two realizing that the next big sports activity might be a bit of a wait. HOWEVER, I think FF mocks will be going in high gear once we know who goes where! HOPE!!!

Anyway gang, lets love this week, and just let all the crazy pre draft talk fill our heads with happiness!! Bring on more mocks, and rumours, or just make up some rumours I don't care. Lets devour this excitement, even if it's mostly improbable!!

All my friends and peers have lamented about being bored during quarantine, but this pre-draft season has been the only thing (outside of college classes) that has kept me occupied and refreshed. I also anticipate somewhat of a "postpartum" draft depression, but there will always be the next thing to look forward to after that. Such is the cyclical nature of sports, which I appreciate very much. I'm looking forward to all the final mocks and opinions//analysis during this final stretch!
                        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                          All my friends and peers have lamented about being bored during quarantine, but this pre-draft season has been the only thing (outside of college classes) that has kept me occupied and refreshed. I also anticipate somewhat of a "postpartum" draft depression, but there will always be the next thing to look forward to after that. Such is the cyclical nature of sports, which I appreciate very much. I'm looking forward to all the final mocks and opinions//analysis during this final stretch!
                          Here's the deal....we talk about the draft for weeks after, so we keep each other buoyed and interested. Hey, and if some of our analysis or projections are a bit off the wall....who cares!!! I think we should appreciate our attempts rather than close off one of our primary sources of entertainment. Yes, critiquing is fine, but maybe do it with a thumbs up for trying, in the process.

:thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                            From what I've heard, the Eagles are likely to try and trade with the Jets. They want to get ahead of the Raiders. Jets GM Joe Douglas was last with the Eagles before going to New York and their is talks that their previous relationship could be the Eagles inside track to a deal. Not saying it will be cheap but from what's been reported from people close to the team, and who have a credible reputation, the Eagles are going WR in round one and don't want to settle for anything less than one of the top three. Eagles GM Howie Roseman is usually very good with making draft day trades so I wouldn't consider this move by Philly far fetched. Buy like you said, it depends on how much the Jets want....or if they want Lamb.
                            Hey, if The Eagles covet one WR, I believe they might pull the trigger on a trade, even as high up as The Jets. My view is that it is depleting good draft currency for a player you could have got with Jeudy, or maybe Ruggs (even if they are not exactly Lamb), or maybe even Jefferson. In the last case, likely for no currency at all. But that ole "covet" thing can be costly in drafts.

Comment

1 Week !!!!!!!
                              It’s all over the radio, broncos trying to move up to 10 with Cleveland! The war rooms are beginning to take shape!

Comment

• Had a thought. Remember last year.....everyone was talking QB's......Correct me if I'm wrong......but it seemed to me that everyone was saying how many good QB's would be available this year. Well......we have a clear cut #1 in Burrow.....then, we have injury prone Tua and then Herbert who many believe has accuracy issues.....what's left Love ? expected to go late 1st.....where's all the depth that everyone was talking about ?

I pounded the table for Lock last year...we gott'em, I'm so glad. I'm now pounding the table for Ruggs....make the pick John !!!!! Can't wait till next week

Comment

Working...
                                X