NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Both third round defensive players are Highly intelligent Fangio scheme guys. NFL is all about fit, and obviously these 2 are prospects DEN identified as players suited for our defense.

The DT was academic all American. High motor. DB from Iowa excels in zone concepts... both are talented but I think I’m our scheme their talent will be magnified.

I think we got 2 Day 1 starters and 3 rotation guys, who will all start by Year 3.

Solid draft.

I was really hoping we would’ve moved up
    For Wirfs or Niang... oh well.
    agreed. I think they have 3 day 1 starters though. I bet Hamler starts in 3 WR sets.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
      Jeudy, Hamler and Cushenberry are instant impact players. Any OT or LB taken today would not start. Rounds 3-7 are mostly for depth and upside prospects. We have 5 picks tomorrow. No need to panic.
      Bolles job should not be safe and Wilkinson's doesn't appear to be athletic enough for an rt let alone lt
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
        Jeudy, Hamler and Cushenberry are instant impact players. Any OT or LB taken today would not start. Rounds 3-7 are mostly for depth and upside prospects. We have 5 picks tomorrow. No need to panic.
        You are right. Sounds like we have 3 starters, and maybe 2 role players, which is a pretty good couple of days. Sure, I'd like to have seen it a bit different, either positionally or personnel chosen in the right position, but I am not an expert. I was hoping for an OT.

As I say, I will wake up thinking how explosive our O weapons are, and how good Lock might be, given his rise as a rookie. Remember, he made our Oline look better, which tells me it was not all on the Oline to begin with.

If we can get some more role players tomorrow, we done GOOD! Who knows, we pick 12th tomorrow....could be a gem!

Comment

• Originally posted by DN1218 View Post
          I really find it silly of people wearing masking in their own home....
          We don’t know the circumstances in their home. They could have a family member with a suppressed immune system or underlying medical condition.

Comment

• Elway continues to neglect the ILB position. Drives me insane!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              Bolles job should not be safe and Wilkinson's doesn't appear to be athletic enough for an rt let alone lt
              The thing about Wilkinson is how hard he works to improve. He’s improved every season with the Broncos. He struggled at times at RT. If any guy can get there under Munchak, IMO it would be Wilkinson.

Comment

• Not a glowing endorsement for Agim there. MSST put up the most rushing yards ever against them

Comment

• Ravens just seem good at drafting.....even though Newsome is no longer part of the group. They just seem to do well most years.

I am not a fan, but I am impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                    Elway continues to neglect the ILB position. Drives me insane!
                    He tried to trade up for Queen. Guess the other ILB’s left were not high on his board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                      I'm not saying they are or should be. I'm simply implying that the Broncos are going with Bolles and James, with Wilkinson as the backup and had no intention of drafting an OT in the first three rounds. I would have liked to draft an OT but obviously Elway and Fangio didn't. At least not yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        You are right. Sounds like we have 3 starters, and maybe 2 role players, which is a pretty good couple of days. Sure, I'd like to have seen it a bit different, either positionally or personnel chosen in the right position, but I am not an expert. I was hoping for an OT.

As I say, I will wake up thinking how explosive our O weapons are, and how good Lock might be, given his rise as a rookie. Remember, he made our Oline look better, which tells me it was not all on the Oline to begin with.

If we can get some more role players tomorrow, we done GOOD! Who knows, we pick 12th tomorrow....could be a gem!
                        hopefully an ILB gem weakest link on the defense imo

Comment

• What a wild ride it was for Day 2.

WR KJ Hamler - surprise pick considering we took receiver in the 1st.. HOWEVER he is an electric playmaker who can threaten the defense at ever level. PFF said he’s the 3rd-best separator in this class behind Jeudy/Lamb. Our WR room is SET. Super aggressive pick by Elway that could end up working out after all.

CB Michael Ojemudia - a big reach, but has upside to excel in Fangio’s defense. Long, physical corner with good athleticism. A scheme fit as a zone corner.

C Lloyd Cushenberry III - day one starter at center. Should have gone in the 2nd round. Incredibly smart and got the #18 patch at LSU. Heckuva player. My favorite Day 2 pick.

DL McTelvin Agim - offers potential as a 3T or nose on passing downs. Explosive first step. Could develop into an impactful rotational guy.
                          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                          Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Little bummed about how things went tonight. Missing out on having Jones and Cush as two legit starters next year would have been amazing. Have no faith in Bolles and James. Plus injuries on o line happen often.
                            Our second and third picks probably would have been there later on.
                            Two good tackles left in the draft

Comment

• Tomorrow starts with Broncos 12 picks away from their next pick. Patience. And have some confidence in the Coaches

Still some decent project OTs , LB Dye ( my pick), several CBs/S

Last four picks are wildcards. Maybe a couple can stick?

Comment

• I hope they go OT and ILB in 4th. Yes, I hope they trade a few later pick to grab an extra 4th. We don’t need 5 more picks. Get the big OT from WAS or the LT from
                                LSU then go get the ILB you have highest on your BB.

After that... anything is gravy.

Or, offer WAS Bolles and our 4th and see if you can pry Trent Williams.

With Lock, Jeudy, Hamler, Risner, Cush, Fant.... lots of cheap value right there... so the salary cap can absorb a massive contract for TW. Let that dude anchor Lock’s blind side and keep the keep from
                                Seeing ghosts. With Trent and our interior... with James in his every other year season... WOW! That OL with those weapons! Oh man.

Comment

Working...
                                X