NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Not when he continues to say "take the top off the D" because just having a fast guy doesn't open things up the way he's pretending it does.
    But that's not the only thing he said. He has said a guy with that ability, as well as having the ability to be that dynamic guy in multiple areas leads to greater offensive success. He also provided Context siting another offensive scheme with a similar speed element in the Texans. He also provided info on his route running variation, and other info on why he's a top tier prospect.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      His route running is nowhere near as advanced as Jeudy, who's considered to have elite NFL route skills right now. I hope Ruggs is as advanced as people believe.
      This is true, as Jeudy probably has the most advanced technique in the draft. However, on the same side Ruggs is good route runner. It would be fair to say that, Jeudy is nowhere near as fast and explosive as Ruggs by the same amount that Ruggs is compared to Jeudy's route running technique.

Comment

• I still believe that right now Jeudy is a better overall WR than anyone else in this draft. I think you could put him in the slot sometimes and he still would be successful. Even when he gets older and his speed decreases some he looks like a possession WR as well.

I still don't think we trade up to #10 as we are still too far out from the draft for that move. But hey I have been wrong a lot. I also wonder if Jacksonville takes a WR at #9. I wouldn't but that doesn't mean they won't.

Comment

• All this quarantine time has us overthinking and nitpicking each of these young men. It is like arguing over which exotic sports car to pick. In the end it is still an exotic sports car.

Despite my preferences, I will be am fine with whichever top 4 WR Elway and Shurmur choose to take, if they even choose to take one.

Every one of these college prospects has strengths and weaknesses. They will need to work to improve against the high level of athleticism, physicality and FB IQ.

Part of the adjustment they all have to make is the “weak link” in the defense in the NFL was most likely not just one of the best players on his team but in his Conference.

Every one of them has to improve some aspect of their game. Just need to be lucky enough to pick the one that does.

Comment

• If it is a trade along the lines of #15, 77, and 118 for #10, I could believe that we would try to trade up. Anything more than that, I don't think Elway would do it. Last year proved that being patient and prudent with your picks can pay off. We aren't a player away. As much as I'd like Ruggs, Jeudy or Lamb, I'm more than happy to stay at 15 and take Mims, then move up and try to get a CB or OT, or, both in the second.

Looking at last year, we got 3 starters in the first 42 picks, including, our potential franchise QB. I'm ok trading down in the first but I would prefer not to go down past #20. That should be the floor before we risk losing out on Jefferson or Mims , if we want to ensure we got our top WR choice after the top 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
              I still believe that right now Jeudy is a better overall WR than anyone else in this draft. I think you could put him in the slot sometimes and he still would be successful. Even when he gets older and his speed decreases some he looks like a possession WR as well.

I still don't think we trade up to #10 as we are still too far out from the draft for that move. But hey I have been wrong a lot. I also wonder if Jacksonville takes a WR at #9. I wouldn't but that doesn't mean they won't.
              Ya I see Jax as a dark horse. Trying to pair another guy with Chark, to best help Minshew.

Comment

• We are at that point of the annual pre- draft ritual where we all have a preference of player or strategy. That most likely is not what the Broncos choose to do.

I continue to see the draft down strategy preferred. That is assuming those teams behind you are willing to trade . They may have their own draft strategy.

To draft a coveted player the Broncos might have to just select him at #15 and risk the criticism of the “lower draft grades for over drafting a player” . Taking that player slotted in the mid 20s too early.

And it is not just a early round issue either. How many times do we see comments of “I’d rather take my hidden gem player in the 5th over a player in an early rd.” Why do we assume he will be there on draft day?

Or be critical and grade a GM lower for taking that gem a round earlier then we had in our mocks. Or on the many analysts mocks out there that have all kinds of contradictions.

Elway has a tough job. I’m as critical of him as any, likely more then most. We may have a preferred plan but the only one that matters is revealed a week from now.

I’m just enjoying the process and trying not to take my self too seriously. Can’t wait for the draft as the next step in this distraction.

Comment

• The only player I want to move up for is Simmons. I’d probably go as high as 7 to get him.

Comment

• Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                    The only player I want to move up for is Simmons. I’d probably go as high as 7 to get him.
                    I wish Elway would do that, though I see Simmons going before that unless some teams overthink themselves.

Comment

• 2 things ive seen.

1)lions have said they are willing to trade down but not too far.

2) giants will listen to offers to trade down as well

lions i cant see moving down past 6 but who knows with the giants. ive seen a few mocks where tge raiders move up to get tua
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• A couple of more things I've heard:

Jets safety Jamal Adams could be on the trade block.

Falcons looking to possibly trade up, likely for either DT Javon Kinlaw or CB CJ Henderson.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                          A couple of more things I've heard:

Jets safety Jamal Adams could be on the trade block.

Falcons looking to possibly trade up, likely for either DT Javon Kinlaw or CB CJ Henderson.
                          I thought Adams was their best player.

Comment

• Originally posted by welderhead View Post
                            I thought Adams was their best player.
                            On the defensive side he for sure is. Actually unless Darnold gets better the next couple years he would be the best player they have. Leveon Bell has kind of faded.

If they move Adams it should be for an extra 1st or I don't see the point.

Comment

• Adams is worth a look for any team in need of a quality Safety. Price will be steep.

Comment

• From what I've heard, Adams is coming up for a new deal but the Jets may not be able to pay him what he's looking for. He's already stated he's not participating in the virtual off-season. They have a lot of money tied up in Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosley. Plus, they have to plan to pay Sam Darnold when his time comes. They're looking to get a first rounder.
                                Last edited by sra84; 04-17-2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X