No announcement yet.

NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideally with your 1st and 2nd rd picks there should be a very large consensus on the pick. For example, I am hearing that there was not a real agreement with the Bolles pick. If the guy your war room agrees on can be had with a trade up, do it. If that pick will undoubtedly be there at #15 keep it. Someone takes that guy trade back and target the 2nd best guy.

I know this sounds Polyanna.

Comment

• My wife and dog know that I will make supper tonight, but it will be a quick omelette, and I will disappear with mine into the football den.

We're only talking 3 or 4 hours from now (pre draft stuff), and I am getting pumped!!!

The dog is smart, but not a football fan as far as I can tell, although I've seen her watching sports before.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
        Ideally with your 1st and 2nd rd picks there should be a very large consensus on the pick. For example, I am hearing that there was not a real agreement with the Bolles pick. If the guy your war room agrees on can be had with a trade up, do it. If that pick will undoubtedly be there at #15 keep it. Someone takes that guy trade back and target the 2nd best guy.

Depends on who is in your war room too. Different coaches, coords , plans every draft does not help either.

No overall longterm direction or stability leads to an annual changeover of a coaches’ desired guys. In this case anyone that liked Bolles is likely long gone. Unless it was Elway, then that is another topic for discussion.

Comment

• Well Elway isn't perfect but I think he listened when he shouldn't have on Bolles. Now I loved last years draft and I think they all came to an agreement on who they liked and where they best place to take them would be.

Comment

• I think it is common in life for people to look at the top of big organizations and put all of it on the guy on top.

When talking about who someone likes though and in particular the Denver OL do not stop of Bolles. Look back even further....

2018 Sam Jones
            2017 Bolles
            2016 Connor McGovern
            2015 Ty Smrailo, Max Garcia
            2014 Michal Schofield, Matt Paradis
            2013 Vinston Painter
            2012 Philip Blake
            2011 Orlando Franklin

I do not think it is Elway's fault bad players we suggested to pick. Other people scouted players and wrote up suggestions. Probably some combination of scouts, coaches and various front office people. A team took this input and made a draft board.

What I do put on Elway is not recognizing the people putting information in front of him were lacking before our OL was a complete mess.

I also do not think it is a coincidence that the year we finally got a top notch OL coach that we finally got a good result from the draft in Risner.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
              Ideally with your 1st and 2nd rd picks there should be a very large consensus on the pick. For example, I am hearing that there was not a real agreement with the Bolles pick. If the guy your war room agrees on can be had with a trade up, do it. If that pick will undoubtedly be there at #15 keep it. Someone takes that guy trade back and target the 2nd best guy.

Everyone keeps saying trade back, but you need both someone to trade back with, and value to trade back. It's not super easy, unless one of the top 3 QBs falls, I'm not sure many teams are looking to trade up, and the ones who are would probably be trying to get ahead of Denver because they're looking for the same players.

Comment

• The Broncos have released punters Colby Wadman and Trevor Daniel, source confirmed (1st by
                @MikeKlis
                ).

The team signed P Sam Martin to a three-year, $7.05M deal in free agency.
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                  The Broncos have released punters Colby Wadman and Trevor Daniel, source confirmed (1st by
                  @MikeKlis
                  ).

The team signed P Sam Martin to a three-year, $7.05M deal in free agency.
                  Surprised it took this long. They probably wanted to let at least one of them showcase themselves in the preseason, but without an offseason camp this year decided that getting Martin and the LS more reps together in games just made more sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    Surprised it took this long. They probably wanted to let at least one of them showcase themselves in the preseason, but without an offseason camp this year decided that getting Martin and the LS more reps together in games just made more sense.
                    Makes sense. I am just glad to see us moving in a different direction. The day is startin out well already. I wish him the best and thank him for his effort.
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• My ideal situation today. Someone at around 8 takes the first receiver, the run starts, 4 guys go between 8 and 15, it pushes a quarterback down who New England want, they trade up to where we are, leaving us with the 23rd pick and an extra 2nd rounder. We then pick at 23 and move back into the late 20's to make a second selection doubling down on offensive line solidifying that group with the big money Elway has spent there the last 2 off-seasons, and I stop complaining for once Best center and best tackle make there way to Denver to form a group of:

Rookie ------- Risner ------- Rookie ------- Glasgow ------- James

Comment

Everyone keeps saying trade back, but you need both someone to trade back with, and value to trade back. It's not super easy, unless one of the top 3 QBs falls, I'm not sure many teams are looking to trade up, and the ones who are would probably be trying to get ahead of Denver because they're looking for the same players.
                        Right. Some teams will want more day 2 picks, but only if their guy in the 1st is gone. Hard to make that kind of trade until the draft gets rolling and players start coming off the board.
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

I agree and there's factors like who is still on the board and how many players are left you really like compared to how many slots you have to move down.

The consensus seems to be the value in the draft is between the late first and third rounds. I would look to try to trade down and get an extra pick in this range and still have a first.

I'd be thrilled with either Jeudy, Kinlaw or Ruggs (in that order) at 15 but wouldn't trade up for anyone under reasonable circumstances. And if any of these three are there at 15 or or someone else really falls, I'd need more in return to trade down. There's a couple of players mocked to us I don't care for and would take a lot less in a trade down if they're the best available.

Comment

• Kinlaw is gonna be a beast. I know we would love that shiny new receiver and the big three are very good (even 4 if you include Jefferson). I'm not trading a ton of capital (2 3rd round picks to move up and grab one of those receivers).

Comment

• Wow...Daniel Jeremiah's final draft today has Lamb going to The Raiders, Jefferson going to The 49ers, Ruggs going to us, and get this, Jeudy going to Tampa!!! Lets see....Evans, Godwin, Gronk and Jeudy!!! Tom, you ok?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                Wow...Daniel Jeremiah's final draft today has Lamb going to The Raiders, Jefferson going to The 49ers, Ruggs going to us, and get this, Jeudy going to Tampa!!! Lets see....Evans, Godwin, Gronk and Jeudy!!! Tom, you ok?
                                Yep and that leaves us with either Ruggs or Kinlaw...or if you believe Henderson can be a shut down corner three good options without losing draft capital in a trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X